Chapter 1

Bittersweet Mints

 

Luna (she is 10yrs old right now) was a very kind girl who only had her grandma who always stayed by her side. To Luna her grandma was like her mom. She started living with her grandma after her parents disappeared.

 

Luna’s POV

“Luna ~~ come eat breakfast ~~let’s eat the dumplings we made together ~~” called grandma. “I'm Coming grandma!!!” I called back. Yay we're eating those dumplings ^^ they’re so yummy ~ I love making food with grandma <3 

 

 

                                               

 * Flashback *

 “Grandma ~ what are we eating for breakfast tomorrow?” asked Luna.

“We can eat pancakes with maple syrup or make dumplings together for tomorrow, what do you think?”suggested grandma.

“Yes! Yes!” Nodded Luna excitedly. “I love you grandma~ saranghae<3” said Luna.

                                             *end of flashback *

 

Luna's POV

As I walked down the stairs to the dining table, I could smell the mouth-watering scent of the dumplings…

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz2I0HvxokWxMKxxAp7sD

 

I tried to stay calm but I could’nt because I loved her dumplings so much …

I grabbed a fork and started eating slowly to enjoy every little bit, until I realized it was MONDAY! I shoved two more in my mouth and wrapped the rest of the dumplings and put them  in the fridge. “ grandma I’m going to school now ! BYE~~”. I yelled to grandma as I ran out the door.

 

Luna’s grandma’s POV

“ remember to focus in class~~”. I yelled off to her as she ran out the door.

“I will grandma !~~” she yelled back. She’s such a beautiful child . As of 5yrs ago I was her guardian because her parents left her.she is such a brave girl,and she’s been through a lot. I’m proud of her. When her parents left her she couldn’t stop crying.  She frequently asked me if they we going to come back one day and why they left her .  I could only answer her with I don’t know.  I really wished I could tell her . if only I knew what happened to them. But as years went by I tried my best to help her forget her sadness . I should surprise her and make tons of cookies and sweets! Better go buy ingredients then ~~

 

************************

 

Luna's POV

YES!!! I MADE TO SCHOOL JUST IN TIME !~~~ I hope we don't do math again !! I hate math , and Mr. cho is SO evil !!!( we all know who that is right? ;) he give out so much homework, but he can be super nice too~ .“ Good morning class! Please take out your math text book and turn to page 224~ ” said Mr. cho. NOOOOOOO!!!!~~~ I jinxed it :(

Another 6 hours of boringnesss later……………..

*********************************

 

Luna's POV

YAYYY~~~ school's over !! I can’t wait to tell grandma what I learned today ><

On the way home ~  * skips happily * skips some more * skipping *…..

 “I’m home!” I yelled .No answer.

“Grandma, are you there??”

I walked in and saw a note on the fridge. It read: Luna, I’ve gone to the super market in get a few things I'll be home soon okay?

-          Grandma

I'll go find her at the super market then. * While walking to the super market *

Whoa! Why are there so many people gathered there?.... hmmm… I should go see.

Driver’s POV

“I really didn’t want to crash into her!! She looked so happy as she had a bag of goods and sang happily going to make Luna sweets~~and she ran off the road and it was too late..”

“Is she going to be ok?”

“How did this happen?”

“Poor lady …may the heavens save her”

Luna’s POV

I heard the people around me say. As I got closer and saw who it was …my tears wouldn’t stop flowing and once It started it wouldn’t stop.

“GRANDMA! , GRANDMA!” I yelled as I sobbed loudly. I buried my face in my grandma's arms and continued to cry.

I found a note in grandma’s pocket and it was a list of ingredients to buy and on the top it read “ sweets and cookies ingredients needed to make treats for Luna <3”. I clutched the note to my chest.

“GRANDMA! , don’t leave me !” I sobbed. When I heard the loud sounds of the police and ambulance I got really scared and ran to my favorite bench at the park.

***at the park sitting on my favorite bench ***

 

I was still crying. I tried so hard to lie to myself that it wasn’t grandma. But I just couldn’t because I knew it was. What would I do now? Then a boy probably older than me approached me.

“Hey, what’s wrong little girl?” said the boy.

“Don’t cry,  oppa is here, shhh…” he said as he hugged me in his arms and soothed me.

“oppa, my.. m-m-y grandma got hit by a c-c-a-a-rr ….I don’t even know if she’s going to be okayyy” the broken hearted sad girl choked out.

 

“Here have some sweet mints they’ll make you feel better” said the awfully kind oppa I just met.

 He took out a candy jar out of his bag and put two in my mouth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK-svG6OBn1fm_-CUupdk

 

They tasted so sweet and yummy I wailed and sobbed, they swirled in my mouth like the most precious things in the world and I thought of my grandma.

I continued crying as I ate more mints as sweet nothings were whispered to me.

 

Years pasted and he walked me to school every day and made me many yummy foods to eat and packed me lunch every day. Oppa was such a good cook.  And I loved him.  But we drifted…