Flashback to the Past | Part 2

♖ Returning Back to Our Fairytale ♘

 

Minhyuk's POV:

 

My heart softened as soon as she said that. Even though it sounds a little cheesy, her words are precious to me.

“Ilhoon! Minhyuk! We need you inside for a second!” Someone called us. I turned around to see who it was, and boy was I surprised. It was the head keeper of the orphanage. We never see him unless something special happens in the orphanage.

I met eyes with Ilhoon and Muo Li. They shrugged, not knowing what the head keeper wants. “Do you want Muo Li, too?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “Nope. Not this time,” he said with a smile.

 

1368421yovi8o6y0p.gif

 

Ilhoon and I followed him to his office. He told us to sit and then left for a second.

“What do you think he is doing to us?” Ilhoon asked me.

I replied, “I don’t know. Maybe he’s going to punish us for the tricks we played on the others.”

The door opened and we jumped from shock. The head keeper and two other people walked into the room.

“Surprise!” He said, “You two are getting adopted!”

Our eyes grew wide. Am I dreaming? Is this a dream? I pinched myself hard and yelped. Everyone in the room turned to me. “What happened?” One of the people who are going to adopt me asked.

I blushed and scratched my head of embarrassment. Great job, Minhyuk! You have already been embarrassed once today! “N-nothing.” I managed to say.

Ilhoon is trying hard not to laugh at me, but I can see it in his face. Glaring at him, I whispered, “I’m going to kill you when we get out.”

He immediately froze and looked away. I smiled in content as I turned my focus back to the head keeper.

“This couple has watched you from afar these past few days. I told them that they can meet you personally, but they insisted not to.” He said. I stared at the couple. Stalker much?

The head keeper continued. “Luckily, they approve you two boys. She has already signed the papers, so you guys can go this instant.” He said, referring to the woman.

Ilhoon cried a ‘hooray’ of happiness and hugged our new parents. I just sat there having mixed feelings. What about Muo Li? I didn’t just want to leave her here alone, but I knew better than to ask my new guardians if they can adopt her or not.

Thankfully, Ilhoon asked my question for me. “Can you adopt Muo Li, too?”

The man spoke up in front of us for the first time. “I am super sorry, boys. We really wanted to adopt her, too, seeing her bright personality and her friendship with you guys, but we simply cannot afford to raise three children.”

 “Oh,” Ilhoon replied sadly while I let out a sad sigh.

The head keeper saw us and tried to change the subject. “Why don’t you introduce yourselves to each other?”

The woman grinned and presented herself first. “Hello, my name is Yoona and my silly husband here is Taecyeon.”

The man, Taecyeon, playfully frowned and pouted. I was amazed, because I expected him to be serious. After all, he had huge muscles and is very tall.

I was about to say my name and age, but Yoona interrupted by saying, “We already know who you two are, so don’t waste your breath. We have a lot of fun plans to do later, so we better pack up and leave.”

“What should we call you by?” Ilhoon asked curiously.

Taecyeon swung his arm around him and answered, “Umma and appa is fine with us.”

 

1368421yovi8o6y0p.gif

 

Ilhoon and I finished packing and went to meet with our new family.

“Are you finished?” Taecyeon asked, eyeing our bags.

I nodded. Yoona smiled and said, “Great! You are going to love what we are going to do later. Let’s go!”

Together, we walked outside and loaded our suitcases to the car. I was about to get in when I remembered something important. “Wait! We forgot to say goodbye to Muo Li!”

“Can we rush inside to see her one last time?” Ilhoon begged.

Taecyeon checked this phone for the time. “I would love to let you, but our flight to Incheon is in forty-five minutes. We only have thirty minutes to drive to the nearest airport.”

Ilhoon wanted to argue, but I stopped him. “You don’t want them to regret adopting you, do you?”

He slowly shook his head and went into the car. I felt tears in my eyes, but held it back in.

We drove off after Yoona checked to see if everything was in order. I glanced back at the orphanage one last time before it got out of sight.

That was the day Ilhoon became my brother.

The day Yoona and Taecyeon became my parents.

The day we got separated from Muo Li.

And the day when I realized that I was in deeply in love with her.