Back to the Orphanage

♖ Returning Back to Our Fairytale ♘

Minhyuk's Point of View:

 

"Come on Mom! Hurry up and get dressed! I want to get there as soon as possible!" I yelled excitedly to my mom, who was upstairs in her room looking for something to wear.

"I know, right?" Ilhoon said as he paced around the living room, "I can't wait to see Muo Li again. I really hope that she is doing well by herself without us there with her."

I raised my eyebrows. "Duh, she is doing well by herself. She has other friends to hang out with and everyone likes her. So what were you saying about her being lonely again?"

Ilhoon stopped walking around to think about what I said. After a while, he began to nod slowly. "True, true. But I still wish that we could have said some goodbyes before we left."

I silently agreed with him. We didn't even get to say some last words to her before we got adopted. "Yeah," I said, "I really regret that."

Suddenly, my mom's voice boomed down the stairs. "Give me a second, boys! What are you for excited about? I mean, I get it if you can't wait to see your friend, but just give me some time to dress and put on my makeup! A lady needs time to beautify herself."

I rolled my eyes and was about to argue back, but Ilhoon spoke up first. "Mom! We haven't seen Muo Li for five long years! How do you expect us to act?"

I heard my mom sigh in defeat. "Fine, you win this time. But even if I am done, we still have to wait until Victoria shows up."

Shoot. I forgot that we have to wait for my mom's best friend, Victoria, and her husband Nichkhun. After all, they are the ones who are going to adopt Muo Li."

I looked out the window to their house that was right next door to ours. I can see Ilhoon doing the same thing, because he came over and stood next to me.

My mom finally finished glamming herself up and came downstairs. Why do you even need to put on makeup to go to the orphanage?  I wondered. I didn't say anything though.

She continued to walk past us and into the kitchen. She bought back two large baskets full of food. "You two boys can eat this in the car. It'll be a three hour drive, and I really don't want you guys complaining the whole car ride about how hungry you are."

Ilhoon smirked and nudged me on the arm. I immediately understood him and asked her, "when do we ever complain?"

He nodded innocently and blinked his eyes a couple of times. "Yeah, we two are some of the best sons anyone can ever have!"

My mom choked on some coffee she was drinking. Both of us then high-fived, but she quickly came over to us and playfully smacked us on our heads.

"Ow, Mom! Why did you do that?" Ilhoon asked and hurried to fix his hair. "I spent thirty whole minutes styling my hair just to meet Muo Li!"

I laughed and about him turning into a diva. But truthfully speaking, I spent twice the amount of time than him in the bathroom.

My mom shot me a knowing look. Oh god. She knows. I was grateful that she didn't tell on me, though.

Ilhoon pouted and turned back to the window. His eyes immediately lit up, so I looked to see what caused it to. The second I did, Ilhoon was already running towards the door and opening it. "Victoria-umma is here! Nichkhun-appa is here!" Since we're all so close to each other, the couple just told us to call them 'mom' and 'dad'. 

"Hello guys!" Nichkhun greeted. He wore a smile that stretched from ear to ear. But that's not all. I could see in his eyes that he was more excited than me to see Muo Li.

"Oh, hello! Are you ready to go to the orphanage?" My mom asked them.

Victoria-umma quickly nodded. "What are we waiting for? Let's go! I can't wait to adopt Muo Li. Nichkhun and I have always wanted a child. It's too bad that I can't produce one, though."

Ilhoon popped up out of nowhere and said, "don't worry, Vic-umma! I will promise you that you will like Muo Li. She is the kindest and sweetest person that I have ever known. You won't be disappointed."

I chuckled in agreement. Ilhoon, you finally said something right for once.