Chapter 10

Soaring Passion

 

Chapter Ten

      You slowly opened your eyes and groaned as you smelled the fuel which acted like ammonia. Though it was dark you could clearly see through the shattered headlights the winding snow and you could also feel the piled snow around your head. Your heart pounded very fast because of your fear.

      You could taste the unpleasant flavour of blood from your mouth. You were bewildered and shocked because of what just happened. Bit by bit you noticed TOP lying above your head and tears jumped out of your eyes.

‘Aniyo!’ you cried. ‘Oppa… oppa… Aniyo… Seunghyun-ssi!… say something!’

      When he didn’t move or even answer, you become hysterical. You lay wheezing and weeping as you touched his face. Pain stimulated ruthlessly up and down your left arm which was obviously broken. You knew you both had to get out the car by the time smelled the fuel again. Your legs were injured but ignored the pain as you kicked the jammed door as hard as you can.

      You quickly went to the other side to get TOP out of the car and to find out if he was still alive. You opened the door immediately and hesitantly placed your cold fingers on TOP’s neck; you closed your eyes and focused on feeling his pulse.

You cried and shouted happily. ‘OMG! Oppa! You’re alive!’

      You carefully leaned over him and saw a horrible incision on his temple. You placed your hands over his limbs with gentle certainty to remove his broken leg from being jammed then glided your hand down his leg, he whimpered softly but remained knocked out. Finally after an hour you manage to get him out of the car and put him near the large tree.

      With difficulty you made an improvised drape for your arm then crawled back inside the car and took your first aid kit and luckily you noticed that you brought some electric blankets and mini motel tent so you also grabbed those stuffs.

      How you wished that you added morphine when bought the first aid kit 2 months ago so when TOP wakes up he wouldn’t experience the dreadful pain. You were now happy that TOP was exaggeratedly overprotective because it was his idea to put a first aid kit in your car 2 months ago. Who knew that this would happen but it was very useful this time.

      Curved against the tree felling as you covered yourself with the electric blanket, you tried to open your phone and watched TOP inside the tent for hours at the same time. At last TOP began to regain his consciousness; you immediately stooped next to him.

‘Oppa… don’t try to move… can you hear me?’ you said croakily.

He grumbled and slowly opened his eyes. ‘God!’ he managed his voice but very tired and weak.

‘Oppa… just lie down and pull yourself together huh?’ you pleaded quietly as you held his face.

He seemed to have trouble focusing on your face and then his lips formed a word. ‘Yoojin?’

      You cringed and choked back a cry as you watched him closely. Afterall this time, Yoojin was still the one in his mind but then it suddenly occurred to you that maybe it was just because of the accident which reminded him the bad memories.

‘Oppa It's not Yoojin... it's _______… how do you feel? Can you tell me where it aches besides your leg?’

He muttered. ‘Leg… my leg…head… and my whole body’ he pulled out his hand from the blanket then grabbed your hand. ‘How are you?’

You forced a smile. ‘Well I think I’m in better shape than my oppa… I have lots of injuries; a missing molar and a broken arm other than that… Kwaenchanhayo.’

      He seemed satisfied with your answer then closed his eyes as he struggles with his painful leg. You grabbed his arm, wanting to transfer some of the pain to you. Your heart hurt with torment as TOP fought with the pain. You caressed TOP’s head and watched him fall asleep. You hunched against the tree then did a catnap as you become aware of your morning sickness.

      You asked yourself would your parents see you or even know they’re going to have grandchild? And would they ever know that you are carrying TOP’s baby? The thought of life living within you sent a warming plot throughout your shivering body.

      You wanted to wake TOP and share him the amazing news as you placed your hand to your stomach. The thought of having a baby awakened you from your exhaustion.

 ________-ah.’

You leaned over and touched his face. ‘Oppa… how’s the pain?’

‘It still hurts but it settled down… you look terrible and your shaking… come inside and lie down next to me.’

‘Oppa… that tent is only for one person I don’t think we could both fit inside and besides I might hit your legs or your injuries.’

He pulled you near his face. ‘Yah! You’re being stubborn again… Can’t you just follow me? We can fit in here, there’s a lot of space in here since you are slim and you’re small and I already told you the pain settled down.’

‘I’m not being stubborn… I’m just saying…’

‘Just come inside… I rather die in pain than watch you freeze to death there.’

      He looked very desperate and you know that you both are just going to start arguing about it if you don’t get inside. You carefully slipped next to him and he was right you did fit inside. You placed your head on his shoulder as he covered you with the blanket.

‘Oppa… you’re so hot…’ you snuggled against his shoulder.

‘I know I’m definitely hot!’ TOP laughed.

You chortled. ‘What I meant by that is you're warm… but yes I guess you are hot… Do you ever lose a sense of humour?’

‘No… especially not at a time like this…’ he smiled.

You sighed quietly. ‘Seunghyun oppa… when I woke up… I thought… I thought you were dead… I was so afraid at that time… and now we still don’t have a chance of survival… I don’t even know where we are…’

‘Shh…’ he sweet-talked. ‘Baby slow down… we’ll be just fine… before we even crashed I was able to send Youngbae what route we used… they’ll soon figure out where we are… after this storm they’ll be searching for us non-stop.’ He kissed your forehead lightly.

      Your spot was making the pain in your arm a lot worse. You managed to sit up while keeping TOP covered.

‘Does it hurt?’ he whispered.

‘A little….’ You lied.

‘A lot?’

‘Maybe?’ you enclosed gently. ‘Are you hungry… I have snacks there.’

‘Nah… Not hungry but I’m so thirsty.’

‘Well luckily for u,s I’ve been eating a lot these past few days... I have a few drinks in the car… I’ll be right back.’

‘Okay… Listen…I feel very sleepy… I think this is bad… maybe you should make me stay awake.’

You smiled at him. ‘I can do that… All I have to do is hit your injuries and kick your broken leg. What do you think about that?’ you tried to keep the worry out of your voice. Bad symptoms may lead to coma and then… you didn’t want to think the possibility. But what if TOP died? What if he died in this place without even knowing you love him and without even knowing he’s going to be a father?

He smiled back. ‘That would be a great idea…  _______ -ah … when I wake up I’ll have a drink.’Then he fell asleep.

      You didn’t dare to fall asleep while TOP was sleeping. You grabbed the stuffs you needed from the car, put on a lot of clothes, used the umbrella, covered yourself with the electric blanket then watched TOP outside the tent while continuously checked his pulse.

      It was dark but the headlight from the car gave you enough light to see each other. You were sleepy but whenever you feel like it you punch your broken arm to keep you awake. You needed to survive in order to keep you three alive at this terrible moment in your lives. You leaned down, your fingers carefully TOP’s wrapped chest.

‘Oppa?’

He exhaled. ‘By the time we get back I’ll remind you to add… what do you call that thing that drug that relieves this kind of pain? It starts with M I think?’

‘Oh! You mean Morphine?’

‘Yeah! That one! We should add it to your kit.’

You chuckled. ‘You sound better oppa.’

‘Yeah! I feel great with this terrible headache, this agonizing pain in my leg and I feel like bleeding everywhere because of these injuries but other than that Kwaenchanayo.’

You grinned. ‘Well it looks like your better than earlier… when you start being like that it means you’re getting better.’

‘How’s your arm?’

‘Same condition as your leg.’

‘Do you have water?’

‘Its right there beside you… do you want me to assist you oppa?’

‘It’s okay I can do it…’ he smiled then drank the whole bottle of water. ‘Could you please get in here? You look like a corpse there, it’s creeping me out and there’s a storm.’

‘Its okay oppa… it actually calmed down than earlier and besides this huge tree is covering us. And the storm... it might stop maybe after an hour or so?’

He grabbed your hand. ‘Baby I don’t care how difficult it is for you, lie here beside me. It’s too cold and too dangerous. Come on.’

      It was slow and painful progression, you felt like a contortionist, trying to fit next to him. Finally you were able to place your head again on his shoulder. You closed your eyes as his mouth brushed against your nose and cheeks.

‘I-I’ve never been so cold…’ you confessed as your body shivering wildly.

‘I know baby… I know…’ he breathed. ‘Now I know what Yoojin went through but this time… I’m not going to allow it to end the same way.’

‘We’ll live on…’ you acceded. ‘We should survive this no matter what.’

‘Are you feeling warmer?’ his deep voice was very soothing.

      You nodded although the pain in your arm was worsened by the awkward position and the shivering of your body.

‘Oppa… I need to tell you something…’

He caressed your cheek. ‘Sure… I’m listening what is it my love?’

‘I-I don’t know how to tell you…’ your voice faded.

‘Well it can’t be that bad? Come on… you know you can tell me anything…’

You whimpered. ‘I don’t think it’s a terrible one.’

He managed a short laugh. ‘Well tell me… We could use one good news.’

You took a deep breath. ‘I feel like Riri trying to tell Jiyong this… like that story I read Little Miss Big Bang. I just hope you won’t react that way.’

‘Mwo? Riri you mean Seungri? Jiyong? Little Miss Big Bang?’

‘Ah! Mianhae oppa… forget that I mention that… Ugh! Damn it! I’m so good at fighting back but I can’t tell something that’s so wonderful?’ you saw him smile and he had this understanding look in his eyes. You kissed his strong defined jaws then whispered. ‘Oppa… I want you to know that I never met and never known an amazing guy like you… And I want you to know that I love you so much… so much! Remember that… And… Choi Seunghyun… you’re going to be an appa. Yes I’m going to have your baby.’

      You could hear his heart begin to beat fast against your ear, and his arms surrounded you so gently. His mouth kissed your parted yet trembling lips. Tears started to run down your cheeks, mixing with TOP’s tears as you hugged each other. They were tears of joy which you never experienced for a long time now.

TOP dried away your cheeks. ‘Will it be a boy or a girl?’ he whispered.

You snickered. ‘I would want it to be a boy… you know oppa this motherhood is new to me… it kinda scares me.’

‘Rubbish!’ he reproached lovingly. ‘You’ll be the most wonderful umma, a wife… a lover… and a…’

‘Yah oppa stop!’ you laughed. ‘I think you have gone through some of this before.’

‘Trust me when I say becoming an appa would be the best thing that would be happening to me… I don’t look that kind of person but I really do! And next to that… the second best thing would be putting ring on your left hand.’

‘Oppa…’ you smiled.

He kissed your forehead. ‘I like it when you’re soft, warm and so open. For too many years you were pushed to be tough so you could live on. Just always keep in mind that I saw the real you all along.’

‘Oh Chincha? Even when you wanted to fire me?’

He grunted. ‘Okay… yes… I was wrong but you now understand why don’t you?’ His arms squeezed around your shoulders which made you gasp slightly with pain. ‘I guess I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. Jesus!  _______-ah do you know how beautiful you are? You’re so amazing and not to mention so courageous.’

You smiled. ‘I’m going to need all that bravery I can gather to get us out of this mess.’

‘Don’t worry.’ He rebuked. ‘They’ll find us soon… knowing Big Bang, hyung-nim and the whole Yg family … they’ll definitely won’t stop until they find us. Now go to sleep... After all it’s my turn to look after you.’

You beamed affectionately. ‘I’m going to hate this morning sickness, but I’m going to love being spoiled and pampered by you.’

He laughed as he promised melodiously. ‘You’ll be amazed by how I will take care of you… Just wait and see.’