Troublesome Ranking

Troublesome Ranking

It was another day in Super Junior’s dorm. As usual, our Turtle Lover woke up early. He showered and brewed some coffee and stood in the balcony to watch the sunrise. This particularly peaceful morning ended up when the noisy boys woke up from their deep slumber and walked to the kitchen or the bathroom to do their things. Yesung got lots of sleepy “Morning Hyung” from all of his dongsaengs. He just smiled and patted his dongsaengs head gently before resuming his sunrise gazing moment, until the occupants of 12th dorm barged in and the eternal magnae, with his bright smile and cheery greetings began rummaging the kitchen for breakfast.

“OK. Today Kyunnie, Hyukkie, Wookie and I will have a variety show recording. So after we finish our schedule we have to gather in front of the recording studio. Do I make myself clear?” Leeteuk said after debrief the boys about their respective schedules. The said companion nodded their head, looking really excited. After all the preparation the boys went to their schedules.
“Have fun filming BabyKyu, Wookie-ah,” Yesung cheered the magnaes when they were running for the van waiting for them. The both magnae grinned widely and wove at their hyung. Yesung made his way to his car and went to the cafe’s new place.

Right on dinner time, all the boys except the four gathered in the dining room, Sungmin and Kangin prepared for their dinner. Yesung feed his pets before made way to the dining room and sat beside Heechul who happened to come home early from his service.
“How’s your day Rabid Dog?” Heechul asked, poking his meal. Yesung just shrugged nonchalantly at his Heebongie.
“Just like usual Heebongie. I have to check the cafe before it’s ready to operate though,” Yesung said, had a spoonful of vegetables on to his rice and started eating. For a while the dinner time passed with a little chit chat between the boys. After all of them finished, the chores scheduled, which were Shindong and Kangin washed the dishes while the other continued their chat at the living room, watching TV. That was when the front door opened revealing the Leader, the Dancing Machine, The Eternal Magnae and the Evil Snarky Glaring Koala. The latter ran straight to the Lead Singer and attached himself.

“Is BabyKyu tired?” Yesung cooed at the Evil magnae. His companion for the recording just snorted and rolled their eyes.
“Of course he’s not. He just danced a little, doing some math a little, bounced on the balance ball a little,” Eunhyuk snarled at the magnae, while Kyuhyun lifted his head from Yesung’s chest and glared that evil glare at the Anchovy. Yesung just patted the magnae’s head gently and smiled at the other three.
“Have you guys eaten?” Sungmin interfered. Eunhyuk’d been glared to long enough, he’d have a hole on his forehead. The four just nodded their head, and with the cue from the Leader, the occupants of 12th dorm went back to the dorm after saying good nights, and some hugs from the Lead Singer. He ordered the other in 11th dorm to have a rest, and went to his room after sending the magnae to his own room.


It had been a week from the variety show recording. But something was terribly wrong and out of place with the Turtle Lover. And because Heechul was being Heechul, he didn’t like when his Rabid Dog was anything but his bubbly self, so him, Shindong, Donghae, Sungmin and Kangin went to investigate.

DONGHAE’S POV

I just finished my shoot and go home early. I really want to have this 2 hours free time to catch some sleep. Me and my schedule. but first I make a detour to 11th dorm, because I know my Hyungie only have early schedule today, so he probably already at the dorm.
Lucky me I guess. When I open the front door and enter the 11th dorm, I see my Hyungie sits on the couch in the living room, watching TV. I approach him silently and sit beside him, while he just smiles and brushes my hair. But I can sense something wrong with his smile. It’s not like his usual warm, cheery, bright smile but it’s forced. I frown a little and decide to ask what is it that make my Hyungie upset.

“Hyungie, what’s wrong?” I ask with a thorough look at his face. Of course My Hyungie doesn’t want to disclose his trouble so he just smiles that forced smile, but now I don’t want to let go of this matter. I need to find out what’s bothering my Hyungie before he got himself sick. And FINALLY with a sigh, he turns his beautiful-I know he’s a man, but he’s beautiful OK?!-face to me.
“Hae-ah, do you think I’m ugly?” He asks me with such an absurd question that I just look at him with my mouth wide open. And he thinks my silence as a “yes” and looks dejected. I pull myself together.

“Who is it that tells you that you’re ugly Hyungie?” I ask with a gentle voice. He looks at me with his kicked puppy expression, and I have to coo silently. He should look like a 28 years old man, not like a little lost boy. I mean who in the world would say such thing to this impossibly cute and beautiful creature. They need their eyes checked.
“Hyungie, tell your jjokeumani here. Who’s been saying something stupid like that?” I try again with more persuasion this time. He just sighs heavily and shakes his head in negative.
“No one Hae-ah. Maybe I’m being absurd. Me and my petty self,” he says with yet another forceful smile. OK, it doesn’t work but I have to calm him and put his usual bubbly smile back to his face.

“Hyungie, no matter who said that, it’s absolutely not true. It’s the biggest hoax of the century. You are like...a zillion kilometres away from ugly. Come on, those people need their eyes checked,” I say with quite angry voice. Finally Hyungie smiles a little but it’s his usual smile now, not that blasted forceful one.
“Thank you Hae-ah,” he says with a low voice and hugs me. I just pat his back, but put note to myself that I should investigate this matter thoroughly.


SUNGMIN’S POV

Is it just me or Sungie Hyung been spacing out more this week? I silently think to myself. I’ve been watching Sungie Hyung behaviour for some time already, and it hasn’t been any encouraging. He spaced out a lot, looked dejected, and he’d been asking me, Donghae and Shindong Hyung the same question over and over again. Now really, what’s been bugging him. I’m not especially close to him, leave it to Ryeowook, Donghae, Kangin Hyung and that glaring GameKyu Baby. But this moody Sungie Hyung is not what everyone’s looking forward to see.

Now, here we are, inside the dance studio practicing for another SMTown concert. As usual we practice until our last sweat drop. And after that we still have a vocal training. After dancing for a couple hours, all you want is lying on your back. But we still have to go to the vocal training anyway. The composer already given some music scores to Sungie Hyung almost two weeks ago, and he already discussed all the arrangement and now it’s our part to learn it.
Back to Yesung Hyung, what is he doing all alone in the corner? Maybe it’s just me but the way I look at it, he’s like avoiding Teukie Hyung, Eunhyukkie, Ryeowookie and Kyunnie. I furrow my brows when I see him sighs dejectedly, so I decide to approach him.

“Sungie Hyung, is there something wrong?” I ask him. He looks at me with those sharp eyes and sighs again. OK, he’d been sighing more often these days. Is there something wrong? Is his family sick? He always looks like this when something concerning his family, including us, happens.
“Minnie-ah, do you think I have no charm at all?” he asks me. I frown at the question. That’s the most ridiculous thing in the whole wide world actually. What does he mean by no charm. He has a cute face, he has a magnificent talent, he’s funny and adorable, even his awkwardness is adorable. Not to mention he’s wise, and don’t get me started with that voice of his. It’s just...SUPREME.

“Yah..Sungie Hyung, what are you talking about?” I ask him with a slight of annoyance. I don’t think someone with such talent as him should feel so insecure. He looks at me with his best kicked puppy face and I have to remind myself that he’s actually 28.
“Well, don’t you think so Minnie-ah? Mostly people call me...weird,” he answers with a small voice, I need to lean closer. That’s just makes no sense at all. Because he’ not weird, he’s just unique and do things in his own way. Wait a minute. Are those antis coming at him again? I need to discuss it with the other guys.
“Of course not. You’re the most talented person I know. You’re not weird Hyung. Come on cheer up. Or should I tell about this to Teukie Hyung?” I say to him to appease his insecurity. He jolts right away and shakes his head in negative. Yup, something totally wrong in this picture, but I just smile and nod and ask him about my singing part. Note to self: Report this to the second higher in command: COMMANDER KIM FREAKING HEECHUL. Sigh.


So here they were, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Donghae and the commander himself, The Space Big Star Kim Heechul, cramped on the couch in the living room of 12th dorm, talking about the recent happening with their Lead Singer.
“Let me get this straight. You all say that Rabid Dog, MY.RABID.DOG, is behaving weirdly recently?” Heechul interrogated his dongsaengs in front of him. The four of them decided to get this matter to Heechul since they found the Lead Singer pretty much avoided their Leader, Leeteuk himself got really worry. They nodded their heads to the Diva’s question.

“He’d been asking some weird question like is he ugly, is he got no charm etcetera etcetera,” Shindong reported to the Diva. Heechul scowled at what the Mood Maker told him.
“Ugly?!? I mean he’s not as beautiful as me, but UGLY?!? Those people need to get their eyes operated. Better yet, make them blind!” Heechul snarled. How dare those people say something like that to HIS Rabid Dog. You better pray for your lives people, Heechul grunted silently. The rest just rolled their eyes at the Diva’s exclamation.

“Sungmin-ah, what do you say again? He’s been avoiding those four?” Heechul asked the bunny boy. Sungmin just nodded in affirmation. Kyuhyun lately always came to him ranting about how HIS Jongwoon Hyung avoided him like he was some plague. Sungmin couldn’t say much about it since it was the truth.
“Does the recent happening have something to do with those four?” Heechul muttered softly. Those four always have a good relation with the Lead Singer, especially the magnaes. And Yesung avoiding those four, mean it has something to do with them. I have to investigate this thing, Heechul silently vowed.

“Fine, let’s find something that triggers this situation. I want you four to investigate this and report it to me,” Heechul said his order, the other four just nodded their head,”And now, where’s MY Rabid Dog?”
“Since four of them are in the living room or in the kitchen, Hyungie’s hiding in his room. I really don’t like seeing Hyungie like that Chullie Hyung,” Donghae looked at Heechul with his patented big puppy eyes. Heechul just sighed and patted Donghae’s head gently.
“We’ll deal with it Donghae-ah. Make sure Kibum stays out of it. If he knows something bad happens to Yesungie, he’ll rile up. Do you guys understand?” Heechul said with a stern voice. The four nodded their heads and all of them headed to 11th dorm to have dinner.


Today wasn’t different from another days that went by. And the avoiding still continued. The Leader, the Anchovy, the Eternal Magnae and the Evil Koala had been racking their brains out to find out what’s wrong with their Turtle Lover Lead Singer. While the other party had been doing some detectives work on finding what made the Turtle Lover gloomy. When the offended four trying to get the Turtle Lover’s attention, which was given half heartedly, the other four went about on every news, every fancam, every event to find the reason of their precious Lead Singer’s foul mood.

That’s when the regal Prince, the one and only, Choi Siwon, entered the front door of 11th dorm. He saw some of his hyungs and his dongsaengs busy doing something. His eyes lit up at the view of the Lead Singer in the living room, watching TV, with Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook and Kyuhun glued to himself. He approached the five guys.
“Night guys,” Siwon greeted his fellow members with his patented dimpled smile. All 5 of them looked at the Horse and greeted back. Siwon sat himself at the other side of Yesung, pulled the older closer to him, while the Lead Singer just leaned closer to the Prince, leaving the other four pouted.

“Sungie Hyung, do you have anything to do tonight? It’s our free day anyway,” Siwon asked the Lead Singer. The older thought for a while and shook his head, smiled faintly. Siwon furrowed his brows when he saw his hyung’s smile. It wasn’t his usual cheery bubbly smile, and he was insisted to take his hyung out.
“OK then, change your clothes hyung. I want to take you somewhere,” Siwon said cheerily, pulled his hyung up and shoved him to his room. Yesung stood in curiosity and tilted his head to his dongsaeng cutely. Siwon just smiled his dimpled smile and ushered his hyung encouragingly to change his clothes, while he was sitting back with the other four in the living room. The other four were MIA.

“Where are you taking him?” Kyuhyun asked in accusing tone. Siwon didn’t even bat his eyelashes and just smile at his dongsaeng. The magnae had been glued to the Turtle Lover everytime, and pretty much possessive with the Lead Singer.
“I just want to take him somewhere. I haven’t been with him for a long time. Just let me be with him tonight okay Kyu-ah?” Siwon asked with sincere tone. Kyuhyun still looked at him in a displeased glare but finally gave a curt nod when he saw the Lead Singer out of his room, clad in black simple V neck T-shirt covered with a maroon cardigans and dark blue jeans. Kyuhyun looked back and forth to both his hyungs. Yesung just smiled weakly at the four and after bid his farewell, he and Siwon made way to the parking lot to Siwon’s car.

“Hyung, what’s up with you nowadays?” Siwon asked his hyung who sat in front of him in a private room of some fancy restaurant in Seoul. Siwon already booked the place earlier today to hang out with his hyung. Actually there was also a hidden motive in this meeting. He knew that his hyung felt down these days. From all the people he knew, he always heard that this very man in front of him, asked them some weird non sense questions. And there it was, a crestfallen expression on his Hyung’s face, before he hid it with that faked smile. Oh, how he hated that blasted faked smile.
“Nothing Siwonnie. I’m just tired,” Yesung answered with a small voice, avoiding any eye contact with the younger. He’s not much of a liar, so the lie he’d been saying will directly spot on. Siwon just sighed in exasperation.
“So you’ve been asking all people we know about how you look, how you got no charm are all lies they made up?” Siwon asked in a more strict voice. Yesung lowered his gaze and sighed heavily. He lifted his eyes to meet Siwon’s unwavering gaze.
“Well don’t you think what I’ve been asking is true Siwonnie? I mean of course I’m not as handsome as you. But some...people ranked me as the last rank in Super Junior. Well, the most logic is of course I don’t have the look. Also the rank based on Look And Charm. So that implied that I don’t have both,” Yesung answered with dejected voice. His face crestfallen, he unconsciously pouted. Siwon could only face palm at that explanation. His hyung must be the most cutest, beautiful, adorable creature in the whole world. And what’s with him not having any charm. Even his speaking voice was very charming, not to mention his behaviour and supreme talent.

“ Hyung, that’s not true. You have lots of charm, and your look is just awesome. Come on, you can beat Heechul hyung if you want,” Siwon said with an assuring tone to his hyung. Yesung just looked at his dongsaeng with uncertainty plastered on his face. Siwon just smiled that bright smile of his.
“You know what Hyung? If I’m not in Super Junior, I’ll be your absolutely dedicated fanboy,” Siwon said teasingly, winked at his hyung. Yesung just sat there mouth slightly opened, cheeks tainted in rosy dust. “And even when I’m in Super Junior, I’m still your dedicated fanboy hyung. That’s make it easier though, since I don’t have to stalk you everywhere around,” Siwon added, now the rosy dust definitely turned bright crimson, and Yesung just lowered his head. Siwon chuckled at his hyung’s adorable response.

“Do you really think like that Siwonnie? Do you really think I have both look and charm?” Yesung asked his dongsaeng with a small voice. He lifted his face to look at his dongsaeng, eyes searching for the truth. Siwon just smiled brightly and nodded firmly.
“Absolutely Hyung. Have I ever lied to you before?” Siwon said with a gentle voice. Yesung shook his head in response. Siwon just smiled brightly at his hyung, and finally, FINALLY, Yesung also smiled the beautiful smile of his.
“Thank you Siwonnie. I’m so sorry for worrying you all. It’s just me and my petty self I guess,” Yesung said, quite embarrassed at his outcome this past few days.
“Hyung, you and “petty” can never be in the same sentence. You’re like the most selfless person I know. So you’re not petty, maybe...overly sensitive. Yes, that’s the word. Overly sensitive,” Siwon said before gulping his coffee. Yesung just smiled cutely and finished his cup of coffee. After they finished and paid, Siwon drove his Hyung back to the dorm.


The next day turned out to be a brighter day for everyone in the Super Junior dorm. They got their bubbly, cheery Art Like Voice back. Yesung greeted all his dongsaengs mumbled “Morning” with his usual bright smile and happy voice, including Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk who he’d been avoiding the last few days. When the Leader and the Eternal Magnae came into view, he gave them his bright smile. This change of heart of course made everybody happy, but The Diva already decided to know what made his Rabid Dog to act the way he was last week. And the result came in a whizzing Donghae.

“Hyung, I guess this is the reason why Yesung Hyungie been really gloomy last week,” Donghae said and ran back again to where he was before he barged in to Heechul’s room. The Diva finally made way to 12th dorm living room, found that Kangin, Shindong and Sungmin already sat in front of the bunny boy’s laptop watching something from the recorded variety show the offended four attended like 2 weeks ago. After they watched the show until it finished, Heechul pursed his lips. So those four REALLY had something to do with it. You better sleep with your eyes wide open, Heechul fumed.

“What have you done to my Rabid Dog?” Heechul nastily asked and glared to the offended four, after Donghae, Sungmin, Kangin and Shindong gathered the four into the 12th dorm living room. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook looked nervously at the Diva, while the Evil Magnae just shot a deadly glare to the opposite party.
“What do you mean Hyung? We didn’t do anything to Yesung Hyung,” Kyuhyun answered with a mocking tone, followed by a hesitate nod of his companions. Heechul just snickered and shoved him the bunny’s laptop. The four looked in confusion before watched the video. After the video finished they returned the laptop to Sungmin, who grabbed it in such non-friendly way. Heechul raised one of his brows, clearly waiting for their response, but the four just looked at him blankly.

“You made him sad. Don’t you realise he’s been down lately. He’d been asking us some totally non sense questions like is he ugly, is he really have no charm,” Donghae finally broke the silent. He still remembered clearly how his Hyungie looked last week. The offended four finally realised and opened their mouth to explain when the front door opened, revealing the glamorous Siwon, and a drop dead gorgeous Yesung.

“I know I’ll find you guys up here,” Yesung entered and approached his fellow dongsaengs, totally oblivious of the tension floating in the air,” Siwon and I are going to a party held by his family acquaintance.”
“Yes, I’m asking Yesung Hyung out tonight. And since I’m his no.1 CLOUD, a dedicated fanboy, he agreed to go out with me. Right hyung?” Siwon said teasingly, causing the Lead Singer to blush cherry, but nodded anyway, with a shy smile on his face. Heechul and his companion smiled brightly at their Turtle Lover.
“Sure. Have fun Yesung-ah,” Heechul said with a gentle voice, which quite rare,” You better bring him back home at midnight Siwon-ah, or I’ll have your head.”
“Y..Y..Yah!! Heebongie, don’t be so rude to Siwonnie,” Yesung stuttered and grabbed Siwon’s hand hastily, leading him to the front door. But before he walked out he turned and hugged the offended four who were occupying the couch, ruffling the magnae’s hair lightly. “I’ll come home before midnight guys. See you.” The offended four could only look at the Lead Singer guiltily.

Heechul smiled and wove at his Rabid Dog and closed the door. When he turned back to the living room, he casted some of his terribly EVIL glares on his face. The offended four shifted uncomfortably under the gaze. Their discomfort added with the nasty glares they received from Kangin and Sungmin. Donghae and Shindong just looked at them silently, face void of emotion.
“Chullie-ah, we didn’t do it in purpose. It’s just for the show’s sake,”Leeteuk tried to put some sense to the seething Heechul, but The Diva didn’t budge.
“True Heechul Hyung. It’s just for the show. Come on, we all know that Yesung Hyung has all it takes,” Eunhyuk tried to reason with the raging Diva, still to no avail.

“Enough talking. BOYS! We will punish them for making my Rabid Dog upset these past few days. ATTAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HYUNGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! HEEEEELP UUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!”

“JONGWOONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! HEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”

FIN.

A/N: I'm so sorry if this fic is weird and fail, but if you happen to read it comments and critics will be appreciated :D