Dreams of Kisses

Dreams of Kisses

A kiss. Dreams of kisses, of embraces in the moonlight where only heaven can touch two people in love.

Dreams of kisses. Kisses with you, and only you, because heavenly kisses are only for people who love each other deeply. And I love you.

But do you love me?

Do you dream of kisses as I do when the night light filters through my bedroom window and I close my eyes to the bliss that can only be described as you behind my eye lids?

Do you feel what I feel?

Leaning against your bedside with useless papers in my lap, scrawling down notes for work that I feel will not teach me anything. For what can textbooks teach me that you can’t?

How can a textbook show me so much of a beautiful life when you’re sitting right beside me with that hidden halo of yours, glowing teaching of a better life?

Of a life I wish I could be a bigger part of.

Your lips tilted in thoughtfulness around the pencil we both know you have a bad habit of and biting in your frustrations. Eyes alight with inner wisdom and brows creased together like they know the answers. Plump cheeks, tinted a permanent pink and a strong yet gentle jaw that just begs me to run my fingers along its soft beauty.

Shoulders that sit straight and hardly ever slouch, elegant collarbones and beautiful hands that twirl the pencil between those luscious lips. Knees drawn up to hold the misunderstood book of “answers” on your thighs. And everything completely covered in white. Your pale skin. Your white jacket and jeans, because pure beings and angels always wear white.

“Have you done question five yet?” Asks the voice of a siren. Beautiful, deep, smooth.

I force my eyes from you and to the untouched paper sitting on my thighs, “ani.”

Your pencil set lightly on the ground, and your lips in a cute smile, “I didn’t think so.”

Your smile pulls into a tease, a hint of flattery underlying the sweet untouchable cushions, “huh?” why do proper words evade me around you? It’s like your lips alone can disarm me, your glinting eyes stealing away my inhibitions.

Your eyes flicker down and the smile only grows, “Minho, your book is upside down…”

My book? My eyes travel to my book and just as you’d said, the textbook that I haven’t even looked at all afternoon is the wrong way around. Once again, you’ve completely stolen my mind. Once again I have to explain myself and why I spent the entire time staring at you, when we only came to together on afternoons like these to do work that never got done.

“Well… the thing is-“ I try to explain myself but your voice speaks again and I immediately stop just to hear it.

“Minho… is something wrong? You’ve been staring at me all afternoon…” you noticed? Of course you noticed! Your one of the smartest boys I’ve ever met. You’re not a fool, I know that, I was a fool to think I could get away with it any longer.

As your worried eyes search deep into mine for a problem that doesn’t exist, I know my answer will do nothing but disappoint. Because you care, you’ve always cared. And if you think that I’m upset, then I know that the worry will strangle your soul the same way that my unrequited love does.

“Nothing’s wrong, Taemin,” but I need a reason for looking at you and I let myself indulge in my hidden desires, “you just have a little something on your face…”

And my thumb slowly makes gentle contact with your heavenly skin, a smile that I know I can never hide escapes my willing lips. I brush at the non-existent speck that I’ve placed just below your lips. The lips that taunt me forever but I always must restrain myself from taking.

Because you don’t love me back, and I’m scared that I’ll hurt you with these forbidden feelings between best friends.

Because people always tell me that I shouldn’t feel this way about you; that it’s wrong. That one boy should not like another this way. Apparently it’s the devils work, but if it’s the devil at working here, why, when I think of you and I together, do I see nothing but heaven?

I let my thumb linger, knowing that I’m stretching my limit but too caught up in the deep brown eyes that stare unwavering into mine. Strong eyes, but innocent eyes. Eyes that I refuse to see in pain.

 I sigh and go to let my hand fall from your beautiful face, but your soft hand traps my own to your face, your eyes melting chocolate in depth.

“Minho… is it wrong to feel this way?” Your voice whispers ever so low, eyes never leaving mine, cheek heating up under my tentative fingers.

Feel what way? Have you finally figured it out? Do you know how I feel for my best friend? “Feel what way?”

My breath hitches as he nuzzles his cheek into my hand, his eyes finally closing and releasing me of their depths, “I don’t know. I just feel… different around you.”

Different? It sounds like music to my ears and my smile of guilty pleasure envelopes my face and my heart skips a beat. Why do I feel as if this is a confession? Why do you tease me with the possibility of a reciprocated love?

“I feel different around you too.”

Your eyes open slowly and your hand releases mine, and I reluctantly pull it away though the humming bird’s beating of my heart desperately tells me not to.

Your eyes flicker to the ground, a sweet smile that I wish I could see every part of grasping your lips. I have to will myself to not reach out and tilt your head to mine so I can see everything.

“Do you really mean that?” You speak, your voice as sweet as sprinkles, smooth as honey. Of course I mean that. You are my everything.

“Yes,” oh how that one word can barely describe everything that I feel for you. How I wish I could say that yes, Taemin, I mean that, because my heart beats only for you. Because my life revolves solely around my one true love.

Your face tilts up and instead of being graced with your perfect smile, I’m shocked by your hesitant expression. Red cheeks, tentative eyes, gleaming white pearls biting into your tensed lips.

“Minho… if I tried something… would you promise not to get mad?” Your eyes sweep over my features, a hint of vulnerability that I have never seen on you before hinting at the tilt of your perfect lips.

Taemin, you could kill me, and I would never deny you. You could lock me up and never let me see the light of day, but I could never, ever get mad at you.

“Of course I won’t.” Even if I wanted to, I would never be able to.

You take a deep breath and the new found vulnerability takes over your entire form, like bathing you too hot water. “O-okay, but… can you close your eyes?” You voice stumbles and I’m over-taken by the adorableness that you show when you’re nervous. It’s not the always strong boy, who I sometimes see as more of a man than myself. It’s this beautiful new side to you that I just want to embrace and protect forever.

But you don’t have to be nervous around me.

I close my eyes, reluctant to let your face race from my vision, but anticipating what could possibly be bringing out this cute new side to you.

I hear the rustling of your clothes and books being moved and then… silence. Or more the racing of my heart the only thing filling in the empty spaces. I hope you can’t hear what effect you have on me.

And then I feel it; a slight warm draft blowing softly against my slightly parted lips. My heart rate picks up even more, hammering against my chest like it wants to escape.

My mind goes crazy over the possibilities, almost forcing my eyes open but my will power keeps them closed. No no. I’m dreaming right now, this can’t be real. But I know it’s real, I know I woke up this morning.

Then why does it feel like my dreams of you are coming true?

Why does it feel like you’re about to kiss me right now?

I feel the hands that I’ve dreamt of holding in my own for so long cup my anticipating face. Oh god oh god oh god. No, Minho, don’t bring your hopes up! There is no way that he’s going to ki-

Contact. Sweet gentle contact stops my rant in its tracks. Hesitant and shy lips meet with my own shocked ones. My heart explodes with tremendous feeling, the anticipation that I never saw reciprocated shattering it into a million pieces, spreading through my body until every one of my senses is alive with love. Then comes the numbness, the shattered pieces of my heart only leaving slight tingles of pleasure, all of my nerves jumping to my lips to create the most amazing sensation that I know only you can bring.

Soft and gentle it begins as, my lips not moving more than yours. Is this a trick? Are you really kissing me right now?

And then a firmer press and our lips slide together for a fraction of a moment before sweet heaven pulls away.

Not being able to keep my eyes from you, I flutter them open and see your pinker-than-usual face smiling sweetly at me, your thumbs tracing small patterns on my cheeks. Though hesitance, vulnerability, is still there, still hiding under your skin.

And I let a smile of pure joy complete my face, and the hesitance and vulnerability fades away.

And then I wake up.

And it was just another dream after all…

 

**~**

 

AN – so… this is actually my first one shot where nobody had … but my English/rollcall teacher told me that she likes my writing and I got excited so I decided to try to show off. Do you like it?

LOL hav u peeps seen inception? Just think of that crappy ending as inception. Did he, or did he not wake??? That is the question!

Oh and im sorry to the ILWTE, OIAM and WAMSD people. I know I haven’t updated in a while but I have written valid excuses in the ANs for all of those.:) and tsaotak people, I hope to remind u again that I only write when I feel like it and I don’t count the ual adventures as an actual fic so ILL UPDATE WHEN I FEEL LIKE WRITING !!! I mean that in the nicest way possible<3 saranghae subbers!XD

Give me your comments my beautiful people!

Please…?