Chapter 10

Love me, love me not.

“Unni! Here!” shouted Yanin, while waving her hand to Victoria. Victoria smiled and walked towards her, waving back.

“Yanin, wasseo?..Uhm, I mean, you’re here?” asked Victoria, sitting down.

Yanin laughed and replied, “Yes, I just got her 10 minutes ago. I ordered for you a cup of Americano, is that ok?”

Victoria nodded and replied, “It’s perfect, dear.”

The two had a wonderful chat over coffee and decided to head over to the department store for some window shopping. Yanin suddenly broached the topic that Victoria had hoped she would never have to talk about.

“So Vic-unni. I know that you knew about the arrangement between me and Changmin. And Mrs Shim said that you are Changmin’s bestfriend so..” Yanin said and paused, looking down.

Victoria looked at her with her bunny eyes, urging her to continue. “So I’m wondering if you knew what Changmin thought of me?” she asked shyly.

“Um..I..” Victoria stuttered. She then decided to ask her instead, “What do you think of Minnie?”

“I..I like him,” said Yanin shyly.

Victoria gave her a small smile at her answer, not seemingly happy about her answer. “Do you think he likes me too, Unni?” Yanin asked expectantly.

“I..uh..” Victoria started again, “I’m sure he likes you as much as I do.”

“Really?!” Yanin asked, her eyes shone brightly.

“Yeah,” Victoria said and thought, “I think.”

She could not bear to tell the young lady how offended Changmin was about the whole matter. Sighing, she turned her attention to the hyper Yanin and they continued their window shopping.

Walking into the house with many thoughts in her head, Victoria was suddenly pulled by Mrs Shim into the study room. “Oh, omoni!” she said, surprised.

“Shhh..” said Mrs Shim, putting her finger to her lips to silent Victoria.

Getting pulled into the room, she saw Mr. Shim by the study table as well. “Oh! Aboeji! Wae geuraeyo?” asked Victoria, blinking her eyes.

“Sit down, love,” Mr Shim said smiling.

“OK, am I in trouble?” thought Victoria, thinking back of the past week if she had done anything bad enough to warrant this.

Mrs Shim started, “So dear, you went out with Yanin today yes? What do you think of her?”

“Uh..yes I did. She’s a nice girl. Very polite and sweet,” replied Victoria, looking at the two, back and forth.

“What do you think of her with our Changmin?” asked Mrs Shim again.

“Uh..he..she..” Victoria stuttered.

“We have decided to hold an engagement for them next weekend,” interrupted Mr. Shim, “and we hope you could help us out with this.”

“D-deh?!” yelped Victoria, jumping out of her seat. “But aboeji..”

“Yes honey, and we hope you can coax him into agreeing,” continued Mrs Shim. “We know he can be quite hard-headed sometimes..”

“You got that right,” thought Victoria.

“But omoni, you know that I have that fashion show that I’ll be attending on Monday and will only be back before next weekend. How am I supposed to do that while I’m in Paris?” asked Victoria, hoping to get out of this.

“Oh! Don’t you worry about that! Changmin will go with you, of course!” exclaimed Mrs Shim.

“D-deh?!” shrieked Victoria. “Keundae omoni..”

“Not buts, honey. I already told him to go with you on the pretence that he’s supposed to take care of you,” said Mr Shim.

“In any case, we need him away from here to get ready for the engagement!” said omoni, smiling at her perfectly thought out plan.

Victoria just looked back from her omoni to her aboeji. Slumping into the sofa chair, she dazed out and thought, “What have I really got myself into?!”

Walking side by side Victoria in the Charles de Gaulle Airport, Changmin was cheery and smiling widely while looking around. “My, my, such beautiful, beautiful ladies in a beautiful, beautiful country,” said Changmin and looked at Victoria, “Don’t you think?”

Victoria just mumbled, her expression the opposite of his. The trip she had been most looking forward to that summer has turned sour the minute Mrs Shim pulled her into the room that unfaithful night.

“Hey, lighten up will you, Miss Grumpy? We’re in beautiful Paris. Together! What more can you ask for?” asked Changmin.

Victoria sighed and mumbled, “It would be even more beautiful if you’re not here.”

“Yah! I wasn’t the one who wants to be here. Omma thinks you can’t take care of yourself and asked muah the Great to look after you,” said Changmin proudly. “Not that I’m complaining of course!”

“Pssh!” Victoria sneered and switched the airplane mode off on her phone. She was scanning through several messages that went in and stopped one that shows ‘Handsome coffee boy’. Not remembering to have keyed that one in herself, she clicked the message open.

“Who could this..oh my!” gasped Victoria.

So we’re still on tomorrow night at 8? – Nichkhun

“! I totally forgot bout you,” Victoria thought, peering at Changmin, giving him the evil eye. “All because of him.”

Sorry Nichkhun, I can’t make it. I’m in Paris and will only be back next weekend. How bout we take a rain check on that dinner – Victoria

Her phone immediately beeped after she sent hers.

It’s ok, Victoria. Now, you owe me 2 dinner, ok? – Nichkhun

Victoria beamed and replied.

Sure sure, Mr. Handsome Coffee boy – Victoria

You saw that? Hehe..I’m glad you agree with me though.. – Nichkhun

Victoria’s bunny eyes widen at the blatant conceited reply and was going to reply when Changmin leaned over and asked, “Who’s that? Why are you smiling like a crazy fool?”

Victoria nudged him away and kept her phone. “Yah! Privacy please?!”

Changmin scoffed and looked out, “Pssh! Whatever. It must have been something lame anyways.”

Victoria rolled her eyes and looked out at the other side of the car as well, her message conversation with NIchkhun forgotten.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I've been a bad bad author haven't I?

Mianhae! I'm glad that you guys are still around!!

I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to Amsterdam so I decided to update 1 for you!

Till next time, hope you enjoy it!~