~Chapter 38~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

Fly to Love - Lunafly Kor Ver.

 



Youngmis POV

 

After the meeting on that Monday night, Luhan and I quickly head home to tell unnie and Myungsoo the news.

The sun was slowly setting across the sky as both of us walked side by side each other. We both stayed quiet during our walk and I sensed that he liked the quietness between us because I did. It was different silence that Myungsoo and I had. With Myungsoo I felt comfortable and safe whenever we're together but with Luhan it was indescribable, like every time we're together I felt guarded and extra safe. I felt so happy and so special. I would like whenever I'm with him that I was unstoppable and I could go on any adventures with him.

All those feeling were there when I walked with Luhan that night. It was indescribable. Afterwards, I spoke up to break the silence. I knew that he wanted to say something because of how jittery he was next to me but I also knew that he wouldn't break the silence first.

"Don't you find it strange that Heejin just left like that? I mean if she really wanted me out of the picture then she would have done something more drastic than sending hateful notes," I started. It was true. Why did she just leave like that? "I really thought that-"

"Are you saying that you wanted her to do worse things to you?"

"That's not what I mean. I'm just saying that it was quite odd that she gave up so easily even though her resolve was quite strong. I'm just worried that she might come back." It was true, I was afraid that she would come back and torment me again with that 'secret' she kept putting in those notes. I don't have any secrets... not that I know of.

"Stop worrying and scaring yourself like that. I'm sure Myungsoo did something to make her stay away. He has money," he assured me. That did assure me. I just hoped that my nightmares about her don’t come true. She looked very frightening with claws and sharp teeth. I shuddered at the thought.

"Speaking of money, where would we find the money in such a short notice?" I asked. It was truly unfair to give the seniors two weeks -not even- to get money and the form to the President. Don't they know how much we procrastinate when it comes to giving forms in? It was apparently to 'train' all the seniors to be more mindful about these things. I just called it B.S. I continued, "It's not like it's going to magically appear in front of us in a cloud of white smoke just because we wish it to. Would it?"

Luhan chuckled shaking his head. "Just don't worry. Everything will be fine. Stop getting over-excited over a class trip to Jeju," he said.

"Whatever." I raised my hand and quickly smacked the back of his head. That's for taking my excitement away!

"You're going to pay for that," he said with a smirk. And then, I knew I really had to run away. I bolted down the street and headed home with a smile on my face while Luhan tailed behind me trying to grasp anything he could see to pull me back.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

It was the day of our trip and the excitement cruised through my body, through my veins and through all the blood vessels that could be located in my body. I was so excited that I'd already packed everything I needed - and extras - just a week before the actual trip. For my loving sister, she thought that I was too excited for it but I countered with just being very very prepared. No one gets hurt by being prepared. I mean I just didn't want to be unprepared and be those stupid people who forget everything and remember what they need when they're actually on the plane. And of course, along with the excitement there came Luhan who wouldn't stop telling me: "I told you so." Okay, maybe he was right not to worry about the cost of the trip since my brother-in-law, Myungseon paid for the both the expenses. Apparently it was his gift for both of us since we took care of Bomi unnie but I knew it’s because they're getting married soon and just wanted time with each other, alone... Eugh.

If you're furrowing your eyebrows and eyes slitting while trying to scramble your minds what just happened. I shall fill you in with the details.

Two weeks before the trip, Luhan and I just finished our meeting and we finally got home. To our surprise was again, my lovely sister rolling on the floor making this gurgling noise that shouldn't come out of a human’s mouth. I rolled my eyes and at the same time Luhan loudly sighed. I really just wanted to leave her there and go straight to the kitchen and eat but Luhan told me to help her so I did.

I stopped her with my foot and she looked at me, still making that weird noise. I glared at her questioningly. The noise stopped and she quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me down on the floor with an 'ughf'. She smiled at me. The smile that could make any little sister happy just by looking at it so I smiled back.

I asked her what the matter was but she just smiled at me. Her smile turned into the creepy one where by just one look at her you'll know that was about to get down. I even braced myself for her creepy noises but luckily she didn't make anymore.

After a few minutes of silence Bomi spoke. "Hey, Youngmi." I looked at her and made this noise that sounded like a 'huh' but it was something completely foreign. "Well, do you know any person who might get married soon?" she asked. The smile was still evident on her face, the nice one.

Anyone getting married? Someone was getting married? I know someone who is getting tied down? I don't know anyone, at all. I took couple of minutes to find someone who was at least with a partner but no one came to mind. The questioning look was plastered to my face as my sister and I lay there on the floor.

I looked at her and answered no. She moved closer. "Well, do you know anyone who is related to you that is dating a very successful man who might be engaged?"

I have someone related to me that is dating a bank? Who would that be? I didn't really associate with my relatives since they're everywhere and I just don't know anyone. And why was she asking me all these questions? My brain doesn’t work properly if my stomach monster is not fed. "I don't know?" I said but it came out like a question.

Then, Luhan snickered in the corner of the room. I forgot about him. He was standing near the doorway of the kitchen with his arm crossed and a playful smile on his face.

I shot him a look and he just looked right back at me. I blew him a raspberry and turned my body away from him. "I don't think I have a relative that's getting married to a bank... Well, not that I know of." I scratched my head twice and stared at her.

She sighed, getting up on her knees then she sat down. I followed her actions and I glanced back at Luhan who kept quiet. She grabbed my hands and squeezed them tenderly. I felt something brewing. I didn't know if it was a good news or bad news. I never know with my sister.

Bomi cleared before speaking... kind of. "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!" She nearly blew my ear drums off as to how loud she really was.

It didn't hit me until a few moments later when everything just rushed to me like fat people running towards a buffet full of food. But my voice was stuck in my throat. I was too shocked and overwhelmed to think clearly. Finally, I gulped down the lump in my throat and joined my sister with the screaming. For the entire night we acted like maniacs as we rolled around the floor throughout the house.

I had mixed feelings with her and her marriage. I was happy for her, I was very happy no doubt but there was something inside me that didn't want her to leave me. There was this vulnerable and naive little girl inside me that didn't want to be left behind while my older sister goes off. I didn't want to be left behind and feel alone again.

After I met Myungseon in person, I believed that he was right for her. I saw it in his eyes. The way he looked at her, full of longing and love and everything unimaginable. It was amazing how someone could fall head over heels for someone in such a short time.  I wish I would meet someone like that, someone who would fall head over heels for me but wishes never come true, right?

Luhan and I got out of the black expensive car and the driver quickly whizzed past us to get to the trunk of the car and unload our luggage. I was glad to help but he insisted quite strongly so we waited for him to finish before waving goodbye. I smiled at Luhan and clutched my bag tightly to sir press my excitement before I could tear the airport down as we headed inside to look for everyone else.

 

 



 

Fly to Love - Lunafly Eng Ver

 



Authors POV

 

As both students emerged from the crowd of airport walkers and passengers, one little lad was watching them suspiciously. Myungsoo looked over them from up the second floor with the other waiting students and soon Youngmi caught a sight of Myungsoo. She smiled and waved and so did he. He watched as Luhan and Youngmi went up the escalators up to where he was.

"A bit late aren't we?" Myungsoo started with a smile.

"Tell your brother that. He's worse than my mother. He had to check our bags multiple times to see if we got everything we needed." Youngmi sighed.

Myungsoo clenched his jaw then his hands till his veins nearly popped. He didn't like the sound of his older brother’s name. To hell with Myungseon.

Everything his brother would talk about was Bomi. Bomi this and Bomi that. He knew that they were in love, they literally overflow with love and it made his heart break. It was the thing his older brother could ever talk about and Myungsoo was sick of it all. He was sick of how they could love each other while he was left to rot and be forgotten. His feelings were forgotten and was never considered. Why was it that his brother had to marry the older sister of the love of his life? Why couldn't life just go his way for once?

"Well come on then, you're practically the last ones to come. Everyone is getting restless and they're becoming really whiny so why don't we head to where everyone is," Myungsoo said moving towards the waiting areas in the airport. They both followed guiltily.

Once they arrived, they made their way to the teacher who was in charge to get their names signed. And soon enough everyone finally arrived right before they boarded the plane. Although it was going to be a short trip, Youngmi mentally braced herself for the take off. You could say she gets smfrightened of heights quite a bit but both boys were there to comfort her and in no time at all the plane landed safely on Jeju Island. Youngmi could finally breath at ease.

"It wasn't that scary was it?" Myungsoo really had to joke about her fears didn't he but life wouldn't be fun without it.

Youngmi sent a glare at him as they waited for their luggage to come out of the conveyer belts. Youngmi ran to her bag as soon as she saw it come out of the little door like a maniac. Both of them followed her in fear of her causing chaos inside the airport. In luck, nothing bad happened that could have made the trip unemployable for the three of them.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

"Isn't sun the greatest?" Myungsoo covered his eyes from the sun as he spoke.

Youngmi grumbled in distaste. She never liked the sun but she did like summer. It was one of those things that make her really strange other than everything else. She liked summer because she just stayed at home and lazed around like a pig also the fact that there was no one to bother her. In hindsight, she really thought that she would only have to stay in the hotel and order food for the whole day and week but clearly not, Myungsoo and Luhan had plans for her.

"I really hate the sun. It is way too hot and it burns my skin. Right Luhan?" Youngmi wanted Luhan to back her up with her idea but when the quiet murmurs of other students were the only response she got, she knew something was wrong. "Luhan?" asked Youngmi again without looking back but silence came to her.

Her eyes twitched in irritation and swatted the space where Luhan was supposed to be standing but empty space and air welcomed her. "Luhan!" Youngmi shrieked.

"He left already..." Myungsoo snickered in amusement.

Surely Youngmi caught on to the situation earlier but she just acted like she didn't for the sake of her ego. She just sighed in defeat and allowed her form to droop low.

Myungsoo wrapped his long arms around her shoulder and ushered her towards the other students near the beach.

It was decided that the students could have a few hours of idling around their surroundings before any activities could take place during the evening, so everyone immediately ran towards the beach in frenzy.

Youngmi held up her right hand and swooped it down, smacking him across the head while he was sitting on the sand. These sudden outbursts of pain could have caused Luhan a lot of damage but he quickly adapted.

Luhan grumbled in irritation and faced the direction where Youngmi was. "Gee, thanks for that amazing show of affection. I truly felt the impact of your love to me." His words were full of heavy sarcasm.

"Love you too," said Youngmi, sitting down next to him.

"Where is King Myungsoo?" Luhan palmed away the sweat that was forming on his forehead and wiped it on his shirt.

"He was swept away by mistress Sungjongie and left to do some sightseeing around," informed Youngmi. She fanned herself as she could feel the extreme temperature of the burning sun.

Luhan nodded. "Why didn't you go?" he asked.

"Firstly, I do not know where they are heading to so I just stayed here in fear of walking a long distance. Secondly, I'm too lazy to walk around and lastly, I despise the sun with a passion which is why I brought an umbrella!" Youngmi magically took out an umbrella from her bag and opened it, smiling with satisfaction. "People would stare at me of I walk around with this thing," she concluded.

"Wow!" Luhan sighed in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, everyone gather around the fire in a big circle. We shall now start our summer games tonight but this year will be very different." The teacher in charge clapped his hands to quieten down the students. He continued, "I'm very sure that you all probably have heard the past activities that are held during summer holiday camps from past scholars but this year we are changing things up a bit. We're changing it a bit intimately."

As the teacher spoke the words, 'ohs' and 'ahs' circulated around the students. Giggled and teases were heard in the night. It surely made everything dramatic and also fun for everyone, even the teachers who stood around the circle did some chuckles and giggles.

‘Charge’ as everyone called him clapped his hands again. “So let’s start,” he said. He looked at the other teachers and nodded. “Okay everyone. As there are 50 kids in this trip, there will be 25 pairs and those 25 pairs will stick together for the rest of the summer trip.” Groans and moans filled the beach as ‘Charge’ announced what was about to commence. “Settle down. This week will be filled with fun so don’t you worry. Now let’s go back to business. I shall call out your name and your partners then you must quickly find a space on the beach and wait for further orders.”

‘Charge’ started yelling out names of couples. There were many groans and moans also many cheers. Youngmi sat on a hollow log next to Luhan, crossing her fingers for a good partner meaning Luhan or Myungsoo but the odds were against her. Myungsoo was already with Sungjong since they had no more girls to pair up with but they just went along with it.

“Youngmi, you are with Luhan.” ‘Charge’ looked around trying to find Youngmi as if he knew who she was but he clearly did not since he pointed to one of the girls far across from Youngmi so Youngmi herself just put her hands up.

She was embarrassed but she was really glad that Luhan was her partner. It could have been someone weird and erted.

Finally, every couple was called out and everyone stood somewhere in the beach near enough for them to hear the ‘Charge’ to give orders.

“The first task is the ‘POCKY GAME!’” The ‘Charge’ laughed heartily at everyone’s discomfort. He started giving out pocky’s to every couple and the other teachers helped as well. After a few minutes he spoke again. “Since everyone should know this game then we shall start in 3! 2! 1!”

Youngmi placed the chocolate covered tip pocky in and looked away as Luhan did the same to the other end but he looked at her as if he wanted her to look at him.

“When you are finished with it, go straight to a teacher and give them you’re remaining pocky and they will measure it. The couple who has the shortest pocky or eat the whole thing will win an amazing prize and will get no homework for the first week back at school.”

Youngmi slowly bit the end of the pocky as she closed her eyes shut. Luhan only smiled in happiness that he could get so close to Youngmi again.

Closer and closer they went until Youngmi could feel Luhans lips brush into hers and she involuntarily moaned.

“Oh my god! What the YOUNGMI! YOU !”

But the feeling quickly left when he pulled away so she opened her eyes to see Luhan already running towards ‘Charge’ cheering.

A few minutes later the ‘Charge’ announced the winner. It was Luhan and Youngmi who apparently ate the whole thing even though many didn’t believe him but they still won. Youngmi stared at Luhan in shock and also in confusion but when he quickly winked at her, her insides just melted and her face felt like a furnace. She looked like a fat kid seeing McDonalds after a few hours away from it.

As her gaze moved away from Luhan since she couldn’t take how he looked at her, she moved towards Myungsoo who did the challenge with Sungjong but he wasn’t there. Sungjong ran to her with great fear in his eyes.

“What wrong?” she asked.

“Myungsoo ran away but I don’t know what’s wrong.” Sungjong panted but before he could ask any more questions regarding Myungsoo, Youngmi was already bolting towards a direction hoping she would find Myungsoo.

Youngmi ran for a few minutes until she finally found a dark silhouette that reminded her of Myungsoo. She ran towards it screaming his name but he didn’t look back. Then, she knew it was really him.

“Myung! What’s wrong? Talk to me!”

“Go away.”

“Tell me what’s wrong? Why are you acting like this? You’ve been acting really weird after the note incident… is something wrong? At least tell me why you’re being like this?”

“Because I love you!”

She stopped.

 

 



Authors Note:

Hey guys... I'm back? (I wasn't really away... things just happened.. assessment week and showcase and performances) I'm sorry for the long wait.. I've been out of this fic for a few months now but I will finish it so don't worry.. I just don't know when I will finish it. I still have edit everything and things.. I've been very lazy so I shall edit everything while I'm on my 2 week holiday and I'll try updating more but please don't hate me. This is unedited so sorry.

 

*Quesntion/s of the Day*

What do you think will happen now? Myungsoo confessed...

What would Sungjong do if he finds out that his knight-in-shining-armour likes his bestie? I smell trouble.

 

I really appreciate everyone who upvoted and subscribed and the people who comment even though only 5% do comment but I still all love you. Please don't lose hope on this fic. So come and talk to me guys.. I don't bite.. I don't even have any friends on AFF since no one talks to me.. I feel weird now... :(