Nothing

I understand now

 

 

 

Everyone says something’s different, that I’ve changed, they say, you used to be so full of love and care, but since one day, you became cold.

 

They all look at me with pity, like I’m a lost child, the worst thing is that I can’t even find it in me to care… they are all here for me, but I can hardly see them.

It feels like I’m in a bubble, separated from everything from everyone and… I don’t hate it, or maybe that’s just familiarity talking.

The more you get to know love, the more it hurts, the worse you become… don’t you know?

 

“Minji-ah, talk to us”

 

They think I’m ill, that I should talk to someone… but they don’t see what I see, things would be different if I was a good person. But I’m not a bad person, I’m I?

As time passes their voices begin to drown out, darkness and silence are the only things that surround me

 

Bad, love is so bad… you became the reason to breathe, but now you block my breath. You became the reason to open my eyes, but now you block my sight.

 

Soon they leave, just as you did… and once again I’m alone, but that’s okay, right? You wouldn’t have left me if not. You wouldn’t have spoken those words so coldly if I hadn’t deserved it.

I need you… but I can’t have you, I had you but I couldn’t keep you, I can feel you but I can’t touch you… this must be my punishment, one that I should just accept, because you’re never coming back to me, not now… not ever.

Is it because of the memory, that I want to erase myself from my heart, a kind heart is a flaw in this world.

 

The memory of you is haunting, the shadows in the distance… happiness and love, they are taunting me. I can hear them in the silence… they’re laughing at me, like it’s some sort of sick joke.

Love is a sickness, a sick joke… and I’m always the last one to catch on.

 

You must be having a good laugh at my expense, because I’m just so funny, that’s what you used to say. I understand now.

 

Just like you said, you never loved me… I was just, I was just nothing. The time we spent together, was nothing more than a passing of time to you. Those words that fell from your lips… were nothing.

Now you’re gone… Gone, ‘He’s gone, you need to move on’ Bad, love is so bad ‘Jiyong is never coming back, Minji’ Bad, people are so bad.

Bad, you’re so bad, you made me love you and then you left. You left, you promised never to leave…

 

Everyone says something’s different, that I’ve changed, they, you used to be so full of love and care but since one day, you became cold, they don’t get it.

 

 

 

A/N slightly uneasy about posting this... what did you make of it? I did say it was abstract... :)