Oppa, play with me....

Oppa, Play With Me...

 

I ran deeper into the woods, not taking a second to glance back. I panted as I speed through bushes, knowing it is right behind me. I was being chased by something.

Something even I don’t know existed.

Silently I cursed myself for being so stupid and ignorant. I should have listened to Suho. I should have listened to Kai. I should have listened to everybody.

I didn’t see the damn hole when I tripped and fell. I tried to get back on my feet, but my knees were too weak. My body could not comply with my wants. I could just eye my surroundings, savoring the last feeling of life before it got me.

I knew it was close. I knew I was going to die as soon as it touched my feet. I was tired, exhausted.

what is going to happen.

The eyes gleamed in delight at my exhausted figure.

“Where are you going, oppa? I want to play.” The eerie voice wafted into my ears, making all the hairs on my body stood. I weakly kicked the thing from touching my feet.

“Get away…” I panted. She giggled.

“Why oppa, I just wanted to play. It gets so lonely here.” She said as her hands trailed my bare foot. I shivered at the touch as I used my elbows to claw back into the darkness, bringing my knees to my chest.

“Please stop. I didn’t mean to disturb you.” I pleaded as I cried like a toddler who lost its toy. She chuckled.

“Too late now…”

 

A week before that

“Sehun, are you sure?” Luhan asked me, completely worried. I flashed him a smile.

“Don’t worry Luhan hyung. I’ll be fine! I need a break from all of this, anyway.” I said as I packed more caps into my knapsack.

I was going to a vacation near the woods. I’d be living in the nice little cabin that my great great uncle lives at. He died a long time ago, leaving the cabin unattended. I guess getting a break from a hectic idol life to chill out in the woods is a pretty good idea. I mean, all the stress is giving me wrinkles. Ew.

“Ready to go, Sehun?” Chen asked. He is going with me. I mean, grandpa Suho won’t allow me going to live a week alone in a lonely cabin in the middle of now where, so Chen is following.  I don’t really mind, either. Chen is a pretty nice person even though he likes to troll a lot. He also loves nature, like me, so I think this vacation is going to be perfect. I did ask Luhan if he could go, but he is a total germaphob, so I don’t think living in a dusty and dirty cabin is a good idea.

“Yep. I’m done. Let’s go.” I said as I slung the knapsack over my shouldersand picked up another bag as I bade Luhan goodbye.

“Guys, wait.” Suho stopped us. Me and Chen groaned.

“What is it now, hyung?”

“I think…” He hesitated. “… I think it is the best of you two don’t go.” He said as he nervously look at me and Chen. Chen raised one of his eyebrows.

“What makes you say that?”

“Well,” Suho fidgeted. “I’ve heard some stories about that place. Not nice ones. So I think best if you two don’t go.” He tried to reason. I just laughed at him.

“Suho hyung, we’ll be fine! I mean, if we need you, you guys are just a phone call away, right?” I said. Suho nodded slowly. “So why worry? Honestly, I think the grandpa aura is seeping into you too deep, hyung. Loosen up a bit.” I said. He bit his lip, but nodded anyway.

“Okay, okay. You guys could go. But,” He said as he grabbed my arm. “Call me if anything goes wrong. Call me right away.” His eyes were tinted in worry, but I just brushed it off as I nodded.

“So, you really want to go?” This time, it was Kai. He was looking at me and Chen with this judgmental look on his face.

“What is it now?” Chen groaned. “It’s not like the place is haunted or anything.”

“Really. You think it is not haunted?” Kai questioned. I laughed, considering that as a stupid question.

“Hyung, my great great uncle lives there before. He was okay, I guess.” I said. Kai looked at me.

“I  am going to go with Suho. You two should not go on this trip.” He said in a rather serious tone. It was weird for Kai to be serious, cause when he is, he means it.

“Okay, whatever. Like me and Sehun are going to listen anyway. Let’s go and take a nature walk, Sehun.” Chen said as he pulled my arm to exit the dorm. We stepped into the company’s van as Chen drove us into the woods.

Throughout the journey, we laughed and joked a lot. Sure, I was confident this trip is going to go smoothly. I mean, it is just me, Chen, and things that nature was offering us.

What could go wrong?

Well, I am not going to lie if I said something isn’t bothering me, though. The warning Suho gave us. But I shrugged it off, seeing that Suho is worried about every little thing, even when Baekhyun said he would buy an eye curler thingy.

But Kai… Kai rarely got serious. And when he was serious, he means it. But what could go wrong? It is all safe. There is no wild animals at the woods. Well, maybe a few rabbits and a deer and all. But all that was harmless.

What could go wrong?

 

 

“Sehunaaaaahhhh!” I could hear someone call my name. I lazily opened my eyes, and saw Chen staring at me with an annoyed face. “Wake up, lazy bum. We’re here.” He said happily. I looked at the sight in front of me, and quickly woke up completely.

The cabin was beautiful. The wood was still sturdy, not a single termite in it. When we went inside, the cabin was dusty, but it was infinitely magnificent. The old chair was in front of the fireplace. Chen squeaked when he treaded on a pure bear skin rug, the bear’s head looking at him and staring intently at him. I could see portraits hanging on the walls, wondering who could have taken such beautiful pictures.

When we settled down, we decided we could do some dust cleaning first, seeing the place was dusty. WE removed the white cloth that covered most of the furniture and dusted the whole house. When I came over to an unsuspected door, I was curious. The doorknob was brass, not like the others which were metal and already rusted a bit. The door knob felt could on my hands when I clutched it.

“Hey, what are you doing?”

Chen bounced towards me, nose already red from all the dust. I pointed at the strange door.

“What do you think is inside?” I asked curiously. Chen laughed.

“Probably dead animal bones.” He joked as he slapped my back. I gulped. Dead animal bones? Could happen. My grandmother said that my great great uncle likes to go hunting.

I took a deep breath as I twisted the door knob. The door squeaked open. I peeked inside. It was dark and musty. But I could smell something. I stepped a foot in the room, and then another. Without knowing, my whole body is in the room, Chen holding the door open just a little bit for me.  I shuffled forward, my feet hitting something. I looked down and chocked on a scream.

I quickly scrambled back, hastily jerking the door open and went out, shutting the door with a little much force than it needs. Chen looked at me.

“What is it? What did you see?” He asked me. I just looked at him and breathed in and out, desperately needing some oxygen. Chen, unsatisfied by my answer, tried to open the door, but I stopped him. I pushed it back shut, shaking my head.

“Don’t…” I breathed out. No, I couldn’t let him see what I saw.  No.

“Whatever.” He said as he left me panting for air. “Come on. I can’t wait to go for a little nature walk in the woods.” He said with enthusiasm. I looked at him, wondering how would he react of he saw what I saw.

 

After the long nature walk with the chattering Chen, we were on the sofas of the cabin, tired. Chen said he would make tea, so he got up and left, leaving me alone. I was too tired to care anyways. I buried my face into the cushion, completely enjoying the softness even though it was decades old.

“Oppa…”

The faint whisper made my head jerked up, surveying my surroundings.

“Chen?”

“Can I play with you?” The voice whispered again. I shivered.

“C-chen? This isn’t funny man!” I called out as I let out a shrilled laugh. It sounded like a mangled cry because my throat was not functioning as it was suppose to. I jerked back when I felt a sensation on my knee. “Chen!” I called for him franticly. “CHEN! CHEN CHEN CHEN!” I called him countless of times when I felt the sensation on my knee again. I heard footsteps echoed as a panicked Chen appeared at the doorway.

“Sehun? Sehun? Are you okay, man?” He asked me. I guess he was out of breath, since the kitchen is a bit far from the living room. I shivered at my spot, unable to mutter anything now. Chen slowly shuffled towards me, slung his arm over me and tried to calm me down. “Sehun? Are you okay?” He asked me gently. My forehead was sweating and I was clutching my knees to my chest.

“Chen… voice… wants me to play…” I muttered out to him. He sighed as he slowly my back as his other hand gently ruffled my hair.

“What are you talking about? We are the only ones here. No one wants to play, silly. We are all tired.” He joked as he drew invisible circles on my back. Really, this hyung is a troll, but he is also very gentle and caring.

“Okay. Just, go and continue making tea, hyung…” I murmured at him. He ruffled my hair once again as he left me on the sofa. I was exhausted and frightened, but I fell asleep on the sofa, the voice ringing in my head all over again.

“Can I play with you?”

Four days passed since the incident, and nothing weird happened. I gradually forgot the whole thing and started to enjoy my stay here with Chen. We were having a blast here in nature. We went hunting and nature walking, bird watching etc.

It was night time. I and Chen were just done wearing out pajamas as we crawled into the king sized bed. I hugged Chen goodnight as I flopped my head onto the soft pillow, immediately drifting into a deep slumber.

I stirred. I slowly opened my eyes. What? Chen is gone. Well, maybe he went to the toilet. I felt something dip at the end of the bed. With built up courage, I sat up. I almost yelped at the sight. It was a little girl in an old and dusty night gown which it stained by something dark, I don’t know. I didn’t switch on the lights. She has straight hair that went down until her hips. Her face was emotionless as her lips puckered at me.

“Oppa… can I play with you?”

The voice. It then struck me that she was the voice that I heard when I was on the sofa. Her puckered lips turned into a smile.

“Oppa, can I play with you?” She asked again, eyes full of hope. I shivered.

“Who are you?” I managed to stammer. She giggled.

“I am so lonely here, oppa. Chen oppa doesn’t want to,” She said as she looked at me. Wait, Chen?

“Where is Chen?” I demanded. Her smiled turned into an amused smirk.

“Follow me, oppa.” She said as she got up, walked beside me, and offered her hand.

My head was repeatedly saying over and over not to follow, but my body did otherwise. My hand reached out towards hers as she pulled me of the bed. I had to bend for her to hold my hand.

“Where are we going?” I asked her. She kept silent. We walked when we reached outside. I saw three poles at the distance with something tied to it, but I couldn’t make out what it was. The moonlight wasn’t a really good source of light. When we got closer, I screamed.

The first one was a wolf tied on to the pole, it was still alive. It was whimpering when we reached it.

Well, I wasn’t shocked when I saw the wolf. What I gasped was the second one.

It was Chen.

And he was dead.

Like, dead dead.

His stomach was cut right opened as fresh blood dripped down. I was surprised when he was still breathing heavily. I let go of the mysterious girl’s hand as I ran towards my hyung. I cupped his face as I looked at him, his mouth dripping a mixture of saliva and blood.

“Hyung, hyung, are you still there?” I asked, clearly horrified and panicked. He looked at me.

“Don’t… play… go back…” He said weakly. I was confused.

“Go back? Don’t play? What the heck?” All of this was still blurry. He looked at me with tired eyes.

“Don’t play… go back to dorms…” He said weakly as he let out his last breath.

“Hyung?! Hyung! Hyung!!” I panicked. I turned around and saw the girl. “You, “ I pointed at her. “Who are you?? What have you done to Chen?!?!” I shrieked at her, anger more than fear. She giggled.

“Chen oppa does not want to play…” She said softly as she pulled something from behind her. Fear now consumed me as I saw she was clutching a knife… A stained one. Blood was dripping from the other end.

I started to run into the forest, ignoring the thorns and bushes that clawed onto my skin. My pajamas were torn and ripped apart by the twisted branches. I ran further in the woods, my bare feet scraping through the rocks and sharp things. I winched in pain as I stepped into something sharp, but ignore it as I kept on running, tears blurring my vision.

Chen hyung…

He was dead.

Gone.

“Oppa, why are you running away?” I could hear her voice at the back. I screamed for help as I kept on running. “You were the one who disturbed my sleep in the room. Now I want to play…” She whispered again, sounding closer than ever.

 

 I ran deeper into the woods, not taking a second to glance back. I panted as I speed through bushes, knowing it is right behind me. I was being chased by something.

Something even I don’t know existed.

Silently I cursed myself for being so stupid and ignorant. I should have listened to Suho. I should have listened to Kai. I should have listened to everybody.

I didn’t see the damn hole when I tripped and fell. I tried to get back on my feet, but my knees were too weak. My body could not comply with my wants. I could just eye my surroundings, savoring the last feeling of life before it got me.

I knew it was close. I knew I was going to die as soon as it touched my feet. I was tired, exhausted.

what is going to happen.

The eyes gleamed in delight at my exhausted figure.

“Where are you going, oppa? I want to play.” The eerie voice wafted into my ears, making all the hairs on my body stood. I weakly kicked the thing from touching my feet.

“Get away…” I panted. She giggled.

“Why oppa, I just wanted to play. It gets so lonely here.” She said as her hands trailed my bare foot. I shivered at the touch as I used my elbows to claw back into the darkness, bringing my knees to my chest.

“Please stop. I didn’t mean to disturb you.” I pleaded as I cried like a toddler who lost its toy. She chuckled.

“Too late now…” She roughly pushed me down to make lay flat on the ground. She raised the knife in her hands.

I screamed in pain as the knife stabbed my stomach, drawing out blood everywhere. The girl smiled in this twisted way as I blinked back tears of pain.

“Now oppa will play with me forever….” She whispered at my ear before I lost my sight of the world.

 

 

 

 

Suho jerked awake. His phone buzzed, signaling that he got a new message. He took it and look at the ID.

Sehun

Suho sat up as he stared at the message. He then roughly shook the sleeping Lay beside him to wake up. Lay sat up, annoyed. But his facial expression changed as soon as Suho showed him the text. With Lay’s help, they managed to wake up the whole band awake. After the 8 members read the text, they quickly ran towards the police station.

 

 

That night, the police found a dead body tied to pole, and also a dead wolf. They also found a dead body inside the woods. Everyone cried when they found out it was Chen and Sehun. Luhan cried as he traced Sehun’s bloody face with his fingers. Xiumin was dead quiet but tears were flowing down hard on his cheeks. Tao can’t help but bawled onto the Chinese leader as Kris tried to calm him, but cried also. Kai had to hold Kyungsoo from falling while a few tears escaped his eyes. Baekhyun crouched on the floor and cried on his knees as Chanyeol enveloped him in his hug, also crying. Lay was speechless as tears flowed down his cheeks as Suho cried as he blamed himself for not stopping the two earlier.

 

But what shocked everyone is that the CSI’s informed them that Chen died at 11:59 pm while Sehun died exactly at 1 am.

They all glanced back at Suho’s phone.

 

 

 

To: Suho

From: Sehun

Hyung! Come over quickly! I am in trouble! Someone is trying to kill me and Chen!

Message received: 1:30 am. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh god, that's it. 

I'm not going to write any horror stories again T_T