When time is able to fast forward

60s is all I need.

A/N: This story is about time lapses so it may be quite confusing. If you're still confused at the end of the story, you may drop a comment and I'll try my best to clear your doubts! :D It'll also be quite short because I'm scripting it according to the MV! :D You can try watching the MV and reading this, it might allow you to understand it better.

P.S: This one-shot is written solely in Myungsoo's POV.


19 November 2012

When I left the house, it was still raining.
Pitter patter, pitter patter. Raindrops were mercilessly hitting the ground.
 
I didn't know how long I had walked, but the rain eventually became a drizzle and came to a stop. Dressed in my favourite colour, black, from head to toe, I observed my surroundings. Keeping my umbrella, I walked along a relatively packed street. It wasn't exactly packed, but more crowded than usual. Of course. I hadn't realised that it was lunch hour. I turned to my left, spotting a display board outside a heartwarming cafe. 
 
Just then, a lady came out, stretching herself. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. My eyes widened and my lips slowly part. Time eventually came to a stop as I lost my attention towards the surroundings and shifted my gaze towards her. This weird feeling I had in my heart... My heart was ringing in my ears.
Unintentionally, I took a step towards her and clutched my heart, trying to keep my emotions intact. Yes, you have entered my heart.
 
A raindrop from the leaf of a tree above splattered onto my shoulder, sending water droplets towards my eyes. I winced and looked at the ground, trying to regain my composure. As I looked up, the lady had already turned around and entered the cafe. I reached my hand towards her, then walked in after her. You made my heart flutter and look for you.
 
Again, being the ever observant person, I looked around the cafe while walking in and seated myself such that I was facing the counter and that girl. Suddenly, my vision blurred and I saw myself with her in a kitchen, trying to whip up a meal. We were so intimate, feeding one another spaghetti and smiling ever so happily. I wiped and she started giggling, while my smile widened.
 
My vision became clearer and I was back in the cafe. However, my vision blurred again and this time, we were in my living room with her head lain on my lap and me, reading a book. I couldn't help it but reach out to smoothen her hair and observed her features while she was asleep. Sleeping beauty. 
 
Suddenly, I was back at the cafe again, this time, with a waitress asking me what I'd like to order. I signalled her that I'll order at a later time and she nodded her head, turned and walked away. 
 
We were suddenly back in my living room again, with me sweeping her bangs aside. She pushed my forehead in a teasing manner and lay on my shoulder as I placed my hand on her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. I was swept back to reality again, and then a different scene came up. This time, we were seated at the dining table, drinking coffee. There I was, tapping the table with my palm. A ring was clearly visible on my ring finger and she asked me how I got the ring.
 
I was transported back to the cafe again, this time, with the ring on my ring finger as well. I wasn't pleased as I stared at the ring. It gave me an uncomfortable feeling... Suddenly, the previous scene at the dining table that broke off came back and with my signature smirk, I pulled her hand towards me and slipped an identical wedding ring on her fourth finger. I smiled at her after, and she grinned, extremely pleased with what we have in common — the ring.
 
I was back in the cafe again. With my sullen expression, I fiddled with the ring on my ring finger. While I was lost in my little world, a cup was placed on my table, and someone said "enjoy your drink". I looked up and another scene flashed before my eyes again. It was her, smiling with her extremely bright and cheerful smile. Suddenly, a different scene appeared. It was the reason why I wasn't so happy when I was looking at the ring. Bad memories...
 
We were in the living room, after a quarrel. As she turned around, I looked at her in an irritated manner, my right hand supporting the back of my head. She took the ring — our ring — and placed it in my palm. Wrapping my fingers around it, she turned around and walked away just like that. I was vexed and started messing my hair up. 
 
Being transported back to the cafe once again, I removed the ring from my finger and placed it on the table before standing up to leave. After a short moment, a tap was felt against my shoulder as I stopped in my tracks and reluctantly turned over, only to see the ring in her palm. I looked at her and wrapped the ring in her fingers.
 
Time had lapsed.
 
What was supposed to happen was that I wait for her in the cafe until she ended her job. It was supposed to be a rainy day and she hadn't brought an umbrella along. Because she captured my heart before that, I decided to wait for her to knock off and offered to shelter her home.
 
I knew what she saw in my eyes before I wrapped the ring in her palm. From the way her eyes had widened, she probably saw the future flash before her very own eyes, just like me. A teardrop fell and I pushed her hand with the ring enclosed towards her. The look she had in her eyes, I will never forget. I blinked a few times, smiled, and turned to walk away. From the window, I saw streams of tears along her face.
 
It was raining when I was leaving, just like how it was in the time lapse. I whipped the umbrella open and step by step, took a slow walk back home with a grim expression hanging on my face.