Going Crazy

And It Lingers

 

A crumbled piece of paper is launched at Chanyeol’s head and it hits him smack on the forehead. “Pay attention, Mr. Park!” his Economics professor demands as he attends back into his lesson. “Is this considered abuse?”  he asks himself as he rubs his forehead.

This is the third time his professor tells him to pay attention, but Chanyeol is too distracted by other thoughts. Firstly it’s Wu Fan. Secondly, it’s Wu Fan. Thirdly, it’s his rumbling stomach that is craving seasoned French fries. And fourthly, it’s Wu Fan. The first time his professor throws a paper clip at his head, Wu Fan laughs at Chanyeol from across the classroom. The second flung item is a rubber band and it hits the side of Chanyeol’s cheek, leaving a visibly pink mark. Wu Fan tries to suppress his laughter, but Chanyeol knows he’s laughing anyways. With the third item now cradled in Chanyeol’s hand, he looks over at Wu Fan and sees him busily chatting away with the girl beside him. The girl bats her eye lashes and touches his arm as Wu Fan helps explain the lesson to her, or so Chanyeol presumes from his current position. Chanyeol purses his lips. “She’s a little too touchy.”

“Stop talking to yourself!” the large eyed classmate beside him whispers.

“Mind your own business please, Kyungsoo.”

“This is my business, Chanyeol. I am forced to sit next to someone who talks to themself every class without fail.”

“I do not!” he denies.

“You do too, even ask Sehun!” he points to the classmate beside him.

“He’s not lying,” Sehun shrugs.

Chanyeol slumps lower in his chair. “I’m losing my mind is what is happening, I’m losing my mind! I’m going crazy!”

His classmates Kyungsoo and Sehun exchange a look of skepticism because they both agree that Chanyeol was crazy to begin with. A white board eraser hits Chanyeol on the bridge of his nose and his professor is so furious, Chanyeol can actually see visible steam coming out of his ears. Chanyeol sneaks a quick glance at Wu Fan, but Wu Fan wasn’t even looking in his area. His attention returns to his reddening professor and he just smiles awkwardly. “Good aim, professor!”

His instructor forces Chanyeol to attend a seminar for easily distracted students. It doesn’t really help Chanyeol because the speaker’s falling toupee was so distracting.  When he arrives back at the dorm, he sees Jongin plopped on their sofa, snacking on an order of seasoned fries. He steals a few before he questions, “What are you doing here, Jongin?”

Jongin looks at him with sleepy eyes. “Wu Fan’s got a girl over,” and Chanyeol almost chokes on a fry. “W-what?” he stutters.

“Yeah, Wu Fan’s got a pretty girl over so why should I intrude on their fun?” Jongin snickers, shoving five fries into his mouth at once. Chanyeol takes a moment to absorb what he has just heard.

 “Wu Fan has a girl over.”

“…yes.”

“Wu Fan has a real-to-life girl over!”

“I just said that, Chanyeol, yes...”

“But he KISSED ME. So if he kissed me, doesn’t it mean he likes me?”

“Wait, what?”

“I’m not talking to you, Jongin,” Chanyeol mutters as he marches out of the room, leaving a confused Jongin, and heads towards the right corridors. Chanyeol’s irrational feet take him to Wu Fan’s dorm, where he knows Wu Fan is probably getting lucky with some pretty girl. Just the thought of it makes him go berserk. Chanyeol knocks on the door. He knocks nonstop until Wu Fan cracks the door open with an astonished expression. “Chanyeol, what are you doing here?” he questions the anxious boy at his doorway.

Chanyeol’s lips quiver because judging from the tone of Wu Fan’s voice, Chanyeol is unwelcome.  He tilts his head to get a look inside and, sure enough, sees a girl sitting at the kitchen table, practically glowing under the kitchen’s dim florescent lighting. It makes Chanyeol’s lip quiver more but he suppresses it by smiling. Smiling comes easy to Chanyeol, but it’s a little harder to manage this time. He prays to the heavens that his smile fools Wu Fan. “Wu Fan. Jongdae’s not home and I’m bored. Can I stay with you?”

“Jongin told me he was over at your place?”

“No. He’s at Yixing’s. Can I come in, pretty please?”

Wu Fan takes a short look over at the girl before looking back at a creepily grinning Chanyeol and he sighs. “Alright, but be quiet, okay?”

Chanyeol bobs his head enthusiastically before he takes Wu Fan’s seat and smiles brightly in the girl’s direction. “Hello, I’m Chanyeol!” he greets.

The girl smiles warmly as she tucks her long, black hair behind her ear. “Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Hana.”

The girl was demure in appearance with her pastel and paisley themed apparel. She was pretty, no doubt about it. There’s an instance when Chanyeol considers her to be a good match for Wu Fan. It hurts him terribly behind his bright facade. Wu Fan shadows over Chanyeol with a serious expression. “Chanyeol, I know that you are bored, but can I have my seat back? Hana is here because she needs help in Economics.”

“Wu Fan, I just want to talk to Hana a little! It's so boring...”

“Chanyeol, don’t be rude. Please go sit on the sofa. You are a distraction to her.”

Wu Fan’s gaze frightens Chanyeol. But more than anything, it angers him. Wu Fan is looking at Chanyeol as if he was a nuisance or an eyesore. He could have fought back, but he didn’t have it in him. Instead, Chanyeol obliges and apologizes to Wu Fan with a saddened heart. “Okay, I’m sorry.”

He staggers over to the sofa, slumping into the cushions and hears Wu Fan tell the girl, “Sorry about that.” Chanyeol fidgets his fingers as he holds back his tears. “Maybe he doesn’t like me after all.”

It’s another 45 minutes before Hana leaves, thanking Wu Fan for all his help and he responds courteously. The entire time, Chanyeol is sitting on the sofa without a peep. Unexpectedly, Wu Fan sits beside him. The atmosphere feels cold so Chanyeol sustains his nerves and smiles. “Hey, Hana’s really pretty. Good for you, Wu Fan!”

Wu Fan raises an eyebrow. “She just needed help understanding the lesson. There’s nothing going on between us.”

Chanyeol turns toward Wu Fan with his default beam. “But she’s obviously into you. Touching her hair and bodily contact are signs that she’s interested.”

Chanyeol playfully slugs Wu Fan’s arm, laughing awkwardly despite his wavering heart. Wu Fan touches the nape of his neck and sighs. “She’s not my type.”

Chanyeol throws his head back and jokes. “If you’re not going for her, then I will!”

Chanyeol hates himself at that exact moment those words escape from his mouth. He's lying to himself. He's lying to Wu Fan. And knowing that angered him more than anything else. Wu Fan’s face immediately turns to Chanyeol. It’s that same expression he wore the time Wu Fan touched his face and Chanyeol pushed him in response. It is that indescribable, hurt expression that still manages to strike at Chanyeol’s heart. Wu Fan sighs and covers his face with his large palms. Chanyeol’s smile slowly disappears and his throat suddenly feels dry. “I’m just kidding, Wu Fan… i-if you like her that much, I wouldn’t dare touch her! I wouldn’t dare hurt you…I…”

Wu Fan looks up at Chanyeol again, which leaves him speechless. “Chanyeol. I already told you that I don’t like her. I have not even an ounce of feeling for her!” His low voice echoes through the tension-filled room.

Wu Fan steadily faces Chanyeol and brings his face a little closer. There is hesitation in his movements, but his hands soon cover Chanyeol’s cheeks. His hands are so large that they almost consume Chanyeol’s entire face. He expects Chanyeol to push him away again, but he feels elation when Chanyeol strangely doesn’t. Wu Fan takes opportunity of his body’s reception and pulls Chanyeol into a tight embrace. His hug is so tight, Chanyeol feels smothered, and he can practically feel Wu Fan’s nails dig deep into his flesh. “Chanyeol…” he breathes.

 

 

 “I’ve fallen for you.” 


An update! An update! And Kris just comfessed! I hope it's okei because this chapter was hard for me to write, for some reason! :o

And I'm having major Krisyeol feels today. It's so bad I'm editing and gifing alllll the Krisyeol haha~ & today's my birthday, but consider this a present  from me to all of you! Thank you for the nice comments and I'm happy you are enjoying my first fanfic. It brings tears to my thickly mascara'd eyes <3333333 !