Final

Finishing The To-Do-List

1. Have mustache painted on to face   11/9/05

2. Go to Europe   8/4/09

3. Fail one subject  2/7/09

4. Eat 15 chocolate ice cream sundaes  5/5/10

5. Bungee jump off the Statue of Liberty  6/5/10

6. Make a wish on a shooting star  4/3/11

7. Adopt a puppy  8/5/09

8. Paint my room sky blue  9/4/12

9. Get in a food fight   12/6/05

10. Confess to Jinki

 

I sighed as I looked at the list. I had completed everything on the list since I was 13; the time in which I made this particular list. Everything except for the 10th one. I had tried to tell myself that it doesn't really matter if I don't confess.

 

But I had spotted Jinki with another girl a few months ago and I felt angry as ever. They broke up now, but I'm still afraid that he might find someone and move in with her and propose to her...

 

NO. I AM NOT LETTING THAT HAPPEN.

 

I had fallen in love with Jinki over 5 years ago. He had recently moved to our neighbourhood and Umma had informed me that there was a boy about my age who needed friends. Since I had a very bubbly personality then, I had cycled my way to his house to greet him properly.

 

The only fault in the plan was that I hit a big pebble which caused me to fall to the ground, scraping my knees. Jinki, luckily, was sitting on the doorsteps of his house when it happened. He had immediately cleaned my wounds and introduced himself.

 

I had learned how to be shy when I met him.

 

He had taught me so much over the past few years; the years in which 'Confess to Jinki' didn't bother that much. The years in which that love used to grow and grow in to the feeling of wallowy-ness which I'm feeling right now.

 

Just go away, you.

 

Confess to Jinki, then.

 

UGH. T_T

 

My thoughts were invaded by the fact that a ball of fuzz ran in to my room and jumped on my bed. Cookie, the golden retreiver which I had adopted when I turned 15, nuzzled it's nose on my knee. ''Hey there, girl.'', I cooed softly to her as he wagged her tail in happiness. She barked and my cheek, covering it with her slobber.

 

''Okay, okay!'', I said as I wiped her slobber off my cheek.

 

''You want me to confess to Jinki, don't you?'', I said while looking at the list. She 'woof'ed in response and I took that as a dog yes. But as much as I want to, I just can't.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

''Come on, Cookie. Go away. I'm trying to read here~'', I said as I pushed her soft muzzle away from my book which she was sniffing profusely. She always did this when she wanted to gnaw on something.

 

It was dawn on Sunday and I had just arrived from my morning walk with Cookie. Still in my sweats, I decided to read a book until the sun rose, which indicated for me to go inside.

 

But, unlike usual, she was nosier. She wanted to bury her head in my lap and make me pat her head for the rest of the morning, I reckon. Or she sensed that I wasn't actually reading at all.

 

You see, I had my to-do-list hidden inside my book. I was reading the last one over and over again but I just couldn't muster the confidence I needed to do it. And then, the most unexpected and cringe-worthy thing happened.

 

My list fell out of my book.

 

Cookie snatched it up with and began running in the exact same direction as Jinki's house.

 

I just stood there gaping at what just happened.

 

It was 5 seconds later did I get sense back in to my head to yell after her. ''COOKIE! COOKIE! BAD GIRL! COME BACK HERE!', I yelled as I chased after her. Luckily, I didn't change my running shoes and that gave me an advantage.

 

I watched Cookie jump in over the white fence gate which surrounded Jinki's house. His mother was there, planting some flowers in the flowerbed. And to my mortification, Jinki was there too.

 

''COOKIE! NO! COME BACK, PLEASE!'', I yelled out again. It made both of them jerk their heads up at what was going on. ''Omonim! Can I please come inside?'', I asked as I eyes Cookie who was happily trotting away towards Jinki.

 

''Of course, Yuni-ah. Come in! I'll go get you some lemonade.'', she replied back warmly. But before I could protest, she went inside the house and I didn't dare to call after her.

 

''I'm so sorry, Jinki-ah. I don't know what came over her today...'', I said as I tugged on Cookie's collar. But being a dog, she pulled away from me and handed over my slobber-covered list to Jinki's outstretched hand. ''No, Jinki, please don't read it!'', my mind wanted to scream. But my mouth remained shut after I saw the exchange.

 

Way to go, traitor. T_T

 

''Have...a...mustache painted...on to...face.'', Jinki read out loud. He looked up at me and gave me a toothy grin. I gave a small smile which was supposed to be a whimper.

 

He kept reading the list -''You bungee jumped off the Statue of Liberty!?'' ''Eh, it was nothing.''- and unexpectedly paused at the 10th one.

 

''Yuni-ah. What does the 10th one mean?'', he asked with a definite question to his face. Oh, he looks adorable when he's like that.

 

TELL HEEEM~

 

NO!

 

You gotta tell him! Once in a lifetime opportunitay~

 

....No?

 

THAT'S IT. YOU'RE GONNA CONFESS TO HIM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

 

But I do like him. ._.

 

UGH~!

 

''Tell me, Yuni-ah. What's the 10th one?'', he kept asking. Sighing and fiddling with Cookie's leash, I let out the four words I've been holding back for the past 5 years whenever I saw his face.

 

''I love you, Jinki''

 

There. I said it. Who knows? Maybe he might burn the list after I run away. He might even go to the Dai Lee in the Earth Kingdom and have his brain washed. Anything to forget about me. He just might do anything.

 

''I...uh...I'm just gonna go. I'm sorry Cookie jumped over your fence like that.'', I apologized while I tugged lightly of Cookie's leash. I was just about to open the gate when someone whirled me around.

 

''Yuni-ah... I love you too.'', he said before lowering his lips to mine.

 

A million thoughts filled my mind when his lips touched mine. He loves me too! I felt so much happier when he said those four words. When he pulled away, he my cheek softly and kissed me again. If it wasn't for Cookie's happy barking, we could have continued forever.

 

The moment was too perfect.

 

''I think you should cut off the last one, ne?'', he asked with a smile. He handed me a pen and I wrote the date next to it before cutting it off entirely.

 

''I can now die in peace~'', I smiled.

 

''Uh uh. You're dying with me.'', he chided before attacking my lips again.

 

10. Confess to Jinki  06/05/12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here it is.

I'm hoping you like this one. :3

Comment and subscribe, ne?

tumblr_meikdnv2361qkghdy.gif

^ Le hair flip~ 0 3 0