final.

An Unusual Friend
chapter one 
final
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jungin ran as fast as she could, dragging her feet away from those guys running after her. Tears started to flow down her cheeks. Fear, that’s what she’s feeling right now. She wiped those tears away and continued to run. Tired, she’s already tired from running several miles. But, she can’t do anything but to run away from people who wanted to hurt her.
 
A few minutes of running passed then she tripped over a log. That’s when she realized she already reached the forest part of the town. Hearing heavy footsteps coming, she forced herself to stand up. She took a few steps forward and fell once more.
 
“Finally, your feet failed you,” a big man said as he caught his breath.
 
“You’re dead, Jungin,” another man said then walked towards the poor girl. “You can’t escape us, so stop trying. It’s useless.”
 
Jungin watched in horror as the guys stepped closer. “S-Stop.”
 
The man smirked, pure evil evident on his face. “Why? Are you scared?”
 
“I said stop!”
 
“I’m sorry, but I can’t hear you,” then he stopped right in front of Jungin. He grabbed her roughly by the collar and glared at her. “I told you before to follow me... But you continued to betray us. Is that how you repay me?!”
 
She tried to let go from his grip, but she’s already weak to succeed. “Let go of me, bastard,” she hissed.
 
The man got offended. “You, little brat!” then he was about to throw a punch at her when suddenly, everything stopped.
 
Everything, except Jungin.
 
She opened her eyes after realizing that she closed them. The man’s grip slowly loosened then she fell onto the rocky ground. Still confused of what happened, she stayed there in silence. But, that silence was immediately broken.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
Jungin turned around, only to see a beautiful guy in white, glowing faintly. Her eyes widened after seeing a pair of white wings widely spread apart. The beautiful stranger walked towards her and offered a hand. She hesitantly took it and stood up. She unconsciously examined the stranger’s face – his broad forehead, his beautiful eyes, his long eyelashes, his perfect nose, his pink lips. Then she noticed how his lips curve up into a smile. A certain shade of red washed over her face.
 
“S-Sorry,” Jungin apologized and lowered her head.
 
“Are you okay?” the stranger repeated, sounding angelic as how he looked like. “They didn’t hurt you, did they?”
 
She shook her head, still avoiding the guy’s eyes. “N-No... They didn’t.”
 
“That’s good, then.”
 
Jungin slowly looked up, meeting his gaze. She wanted to say something, but she just can’t speak. She’s lost for words to say to the guy in front of her.
 
The guy’s face softened, as if sensing Jungin’s confusion. “I know you’re confused. I know you have a lot of questions. Don’t worry. I’m willing to answer all of them. But before that, let’s go somewhere else,” then he grabbed her hand and smiled sweetly at her, which surprised her. “Please, close your eyes.”
 
Jungin obeyed. After a few seconds, she felt cold wind passing through her face. Not wanting to ruin anything, she stayed still, keeping her eyes closed. Then the guy whispered to her.
 
“You may now open your eyes.”
 
She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. They’re not in the forest anymore. Instead, they’re near a river. She knew the place. She’s been there before. She looked back at the stranger and saw him smiling at her.
 
“W-Who are you?” she managed to ask.
 
The guy sat on the bench nearby and his wings slowly disappeared. Then he patted the space beside him. “Take a seat first and I’ll answer you.”
 
Jungin walked towards him and sat down. “Now?”
 
He looked away and this time, it’s his turn to avoid her gaze. “I’m a fallen angel. You may call me Luhan, if you want.”
 
“L-Luhan?”
 
“Yes.”
 
Jungin nodded and looked down. “You’re a fallen angel. Did I hear it right?”
 
“Yes.”
 
She bit her lower lip and nodded once more. “So, you did something bad... that’s why you were sent here. Is that right?”
 
“Partly yes. I wasn’t sent here. I was thrown here.”
 
“Oh,” she said, not knowing what to say. She doesn’t know what to ask next. She wanted to further ask him, but she just doesn’t know what to throw at him. One of the reasons is because she can’t believe that she’s sitting next to a self-confessed fallen angel.
 
“I guess I’ll just tell you some random things about me,” Luhan said. “It’s been a couple of centuries since they threw me here. I’ve been wandering around with no one to see me. I can choose those people who can, and one of them is you. If you’re going to ask me why I chose you... I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I sensed that you’re in danger,” then he looked at Jungin. “And about what happened earlier, I stopped their time. That’s the reason why they suddenly froze in front of you.”
 
She looked back at him with a raised eyebrow. “How did you do that?”
 
He shrugged. “Angels are born with such powers. We can do anything and everything , even the fallen angels.”
 
“Everything?”
 
Luhan nodded. “Yes.”
 
“So, you can understand all people here on Earth?”
 
“I know every single language in this world.”
 
“Can you teleport?”
 
“That’s actually my forte.”
 
“Can you read minds?”
 
Luhan smiled, enjoying the mini-interview with a human. “I’m studying that one.  I can also tame a wild animal with my stare, and split a water molecule in half. Flying is definitely not a problem.”
 
Jungin thought for a while then spoke. “Is it possible for an angel to love?”
 
Her question caught him off guard. He looked away and slowly nodded. “Yes. It is possible... but we’re not allowed to.”
 
“Really? Why?”
 
“Because it’s useless. There’s no reason for us to love a human when we know that we’re not obviously meant to be with such creature... It’s easy not to fall in love, though. We’re used to be like that.”
 
“Have you fallen in love with a human?”
 
Luhan hesitated for a while, but he nodded. “Yes. But I didn’t let her see me. It’s easier that way.”
 
Jungin felt the sadness in the angel’s voice. She looked down and nodded. “So, being a fallen angel is boring. I thought it’s interesting to be one.”
 
“Being a fallen angel is a bit fun. You’re free to interact with humans, roam around the world. But once you became one, you can never go back to heaven. Being a fallen angel is a curse... and unfortunately, it can never be broken.”
 
She glanced up at the beautiful creature beside her. “You’re sad, aren’t you? Don’t you have a fellow fallen angel to accompany you? To cheer you up?”
 
Luhan shook his head. “I have no one.”
 
His words broke her heart for some unknown reasons. She stared at him for a while then she smiled. “Can I volunteer to be your friend?”
 
He looked back at her with confusion. “What?”
 
“If you’re allowed to befriend a human, then I’m willing to be one. Is that okay with you? You saved me. Being your friend is the least I can do to repay you.”
 
After a few seconds, he smiled at her. “I guess that’s not a bad idea.”
 
She smiled back then held her hand out. “I’m Jungin, your new friend. And you are?”
 
Luhan chuckled and shook her hand. “I’m Luhan. It’s nice meeting you, my unusual friend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 author's note sorry if it's pretty long... and boring. >______< comment what you think of it! thanks for reading. ^^