Where Have You Been?

Where Have You Been?

It had been weeks. Eunhyuk didn't know what happened. Everything seemed blurred in his head. Him and Donghae had fought. Everything between them ended. Their relationship was over. They were supposed to be getting married. Everything was perfect until that one fight. He didn't even remember what the fight was over anymore. He didn't care what the fight was over. He just wanted Donghae back.

Over the last few weeks Eunhyuk had become lifeless. He had no passion in anything he did, it all became mindless. He felt as if nothing could cure him. Nothing could make him feel whole again. Donghae was everything to him, yet in that one moment he was too stupid to see that. Eunhyuk knew it was his fault, he remembered being the one that screamed they were over. He'd never regretted anything more in his life. He could remember the look on Donghae's face when he yelled that. Donghae had done nothing for a few seconds, but he broke after that. He remembered how the tears streaked his face and how Donghae threw the engagement ring to the ground.

Donghae's ring was in Eunhyuk's hands. After Donghae had thrown it to the ground, Eunhyuk had picked it up and kept it. Each time he saw the ring he couldn't help but to feel dead inside. He hadn't even seen Donghae in weeks. He hadn't heard anything about him, either. It was killing him. Even though Eunhyuk was physically alright, mentally he was slowly dying. As if he wasn't dead enough already.

For the first few weeks all Eunhyuk did was cry. He held himself together to get through work, but as soon as he got home he wouldn't be able to hold it in any longer. Every little thing Eunhyuk saw made him reminisce about Donghae. But at the point Eunhyuk was at now, he had no tears left. His emotions were faded and he just felt dead.

As Eunhyuk's fingers brushed over the ring, he felt his heart breaking even more. He wanted to cry. He wanted to scream. But he couldn't. His diminished will wouldn't allow him to. He stared at the ring, remembering how excited Donghae had been when Eunhyuk proposed to him. That day had been the best day of his life.

Eunhyuk was disgusted with himself. He hated himself for what he had done. If he had only been thinking clearly at that moment, Donghae would still be in his arms. Donghae would have still been his. But now it was all over. Eunhyuk couldn't believe it. Each day he woke up, wishing for Donghae to come back to him. But each day, Eunhyuk's hope of him coming back grew smaller and smaller.

Eunhyuk would have gone to Donghae by now, if only he could. He had tried to get a hold of Donghae, but Donghae had gotten his number changed. When Eunhyuk went by Donghae's apartment, he was never there. The person living in the apartment next to Donghae's had told Eunhyuk that Donghae was staying with a friend.

It all felt so hopeless. So wrong. He shook his head, placing the ring on a small table next to him. He heard someone knocking on his door. Eunhyuk was tempted to just let them knock, he didn't want to see anyone. It was probably just a neighbor needing to borrow food or something. Eunhyuk stayed still, letting them knock.

After a couple seconds, the person kept knocking, Eunhyuk reluctantly stood up and walked over to the door, pulling it open. "Yeah..?" He muttered.

Donghae looked up at him, teary eyed. "H-Hyukkie..." He said quietly.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened as he stared down at Donghae. His arms quickly wrapped around the younger boy, holding him close against himself. "Donghae..." He said quietly, squeezing the boy in his arms.

Donghae buried his head into the crook of Eunhyuk's neck, sobbing against it. "H-Hyuk, I'm so s-sorry...p-please don't be mad at me a-anymore..." Donghae stuttered out.

Eunhyuk shook his head a few times, leaning down and kissing the side of Donghae's head. "Baby, no, I'm not mad...Please don't cry, Hae..."

Donghae's hands were placed on Eunhyuk's chest, his fingers gripping his shirt tightly as he let out small sobs. "B-but I t-thought..."

"I was wrong, Hae. I don't care what we fought over anymore. I just need you, Donghae. Those last few weeks were the most miserable of my life...I feel so dead without you, Donghae..."

Donghae slowly raised his head, looking up at Eunhyuk. There were tears streaked down his face, a small smile formed on his face as he stared at Eunhyuk. "Hyukjae..."

Eunhyuk kept one arm firmly around Donghae's waist, reaching the other hand up to cup Donghae's face, his thumb brushing over his cheek. "I love you, Donghae. More than anything in the world."

Donghae's smile grew bigger as he listened to Eunhyuk. "I love you too, Hyukjae."

Eunhyuk leaned down, pressing his lips gently against Donghae. Donghae leaned into him instantly. The kiss was brief, but it was easily the most passionate kiss they ever shared.

Eunhyuk pulled back slowly, resting his forehead against Donghae's, his lips curved up into a gentle smile. "Donghae...you'll take me back, won't you?"

Donghae smiled back at the older male, tears welling in his eyes again. But for a different reason this time. "Of course, Hyukjae."

Eunhyuk kissed Donghae's nose, wiping the tears from Donghae's eyes with his thumbs. "I won't let you go this time, Donghae. I'll never make a mistake like that again."

Donghae nodded a little, leaning up and pressing his lips against Eunhyuk's again. Eunhyuk slid both of his arms around Donghae's waist, gently pulling him back and into the apartment, kicking the door closed behind them.

And with that, Eunhyuk's emptiness became full, his happiness was restored. He saw the world in color once again.