Chapter 41

I'm EXO's Silent Fashion Designer! (Discontinued)

Luhan "borrowed"—as he liked to call it—the managers' car for the day, and the two were riding down the road together. Kairi and Luhan made some small talk amongst the silence. She hated to admit it, but she actually enjoyed his company a bit. She found him quite amusing.

As they were walking down the streets, Luhan had to constantly adjust his sunglasses and look around to see if anyone recognized him. He thought that being recognized and having fans ask for autographs and pictures was kind of fun before. But now if he got recognized, he would get yelled at and have things thrown at him. He was constantly in fear whenever he was outside. 

Kairi noticed this and felt a bit of pity for him. She felt kind of bad that they were put into that kind of situation. She had no idea how it would feel like to be in their shoes. She hated idols, but she didn't think she could hate EXO after knowing them these few weeks. Except for a few members, who are as bad as the media portrayed them.

They decided to go eat first and dropped by a sushi restaurant. They walked inside where they were escorted to a table with menus given to them.

"So how's life?" Luhan asked, trying to start the conversation again.

Kairi gave him a look. I think you asked that like 5 minutes ago.

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I guess I did." He chuckled nervously. "It's just that it's awkward.. since I've never been the only one having to carry the conversation-" He saw her face twist a bit from his statement and immediately tried to fix his mistake. "I-I mean, ya know-I just a-am an extrovert, and I need another extrovert around to converse with and-ye-yeah-uh-uhm.."

What happened to the cool and collected Luhan that I met on our "first date"? Luhan's face fell immediately, and Kairi almost giggled. Instead, she just stared at him and leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed, looking unimpressed but was slightly amused on the inside.

Luhan sighed miserably. "I-I'm sorry, I'm stupid. Let's start over." He leaned over and placed his elbows on the table, resting his chin in his hands. "I'm Luhan, nice to meet you. I'm terminally awkward. Help me please." He gave her a charming smile.

Kairi let out a small laugh and shook her head at his stupidity. *He's a weird boy.*

Luhan's smile widened at the sound of her laugh. *Does her laugh count as her voice? Does that mean I'm the first one to hear her voice so far?*

Kairi could feel the happy and calm aura between the two of them, and she was content with it. But those moments didn't last forever, for her thoughts started drifting off to the CD in her bag with the song that the producers sabotaged to ruin EXO even further. She looked at the happy boy sitting across from her and felt sad. *I gotta help them.. but how?* Her lips pressed together into a straight line.

Their food arrived, and Luhan's face brightened up at the sight of their sushi. "Yum!" Once their plates touched the tables, Luhan sped to devour everything in his sight. Kairi widened her eyes as she did not expect him to be a foodie at all.

Kairi took her chopsticks in her hand, and a sharp pain went up her wrist again. She tried not to hiss out loud, knowing Luhan would make a fuss over her. She looked up and was relieved when she saw that he was preoccupied. She switched hands and tried to use the chopsticks, hiding the fact that she was not ambidextrous whatsoever.

"So how are do you like your sushi?" Luhan asked, almost done with his own dish while Kairi barely ate one roll. She chewed on the remaining piece and then nodded with a thumbs up. Luhan smiled and looked down at her hands. "You're left-handed? I always thought you were right-handed since you write in your notepad with your right hand."

Kairi could barely hide her surprise on her face. *Is he that observant?!*

In that moment, the chopsticks slipped out of her hands and dropped to the floor. Luhan bent down to pick them up off the floor, but in Kairi's bewilderment, she also tried to pick up the chopsticks and instinctively used her right hand. The moment she grabbed them, another strike of pain went through her, and she let them go again. She grabbed her wrist and hissed.

Luhan, automatically knowing that there was something wrong, became serious. "Kairi, what's wrong with your wrist?" Kairi lowered her hands under the table, out of his view, staying silent. Luhan sighed. "Since you can't use your wrist, should I feed you?"

Kairi's eyes widened in astonishment. "WHAT?" she mouthed at him, wishing she was able to yell it out.

Luhan looked dead serious when he offered his help though. "I can already tell that you don't use both of your hands, and since your working hand isn't working no more, I will be your working hand instead." He started chuckling to himself, thinking he was hilarious from what he said. She still looked at him with skepticism. Luhan let out a sigh of exasperation and took a piece of sushi and shoved it close to . "Here. Eat" He nudged it closer to her.

Kairi frowned at this baby treatment, but she could feel her stomach rumbling at the smell of the food. She sighed and let her pride go a bit and opened .

Instead of gracefully placing the food into like in the movies, he shoved it inside, almost choking her. After she finally caught her breath and started chewing, she raised her head and glared at the man, who was looking another way and whistling to himself. He noticed her glare at him and smirked. "Are you staring at me because I'm prefect? Yes, I know. Thank you." He batted his eyelashes at her.

Kairi could feel the vein on her forehead begin to throb. *How does one's personality be one thing 5 minutes ago and be totally different now?*

Luhan picked up the next piece of sushi and raised it up. "Want more?" She shot him another icy glare, and he laughed heartily. "I swear I will be nice this time." She eyed him suspiciously, not believing him one bit. He earnestly raised the food and looked at her persuasively. Kairi sighed again and opened .

Luhan felt mischievous that day and decided to shove the food in again. Kairi then proceeded to smack him upside his head with her good hand, causing him to laugh. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR IT AGAIN!" He clutched his stomach from the pain of laughing too much. He had to stop when his sunglasses almost fell off of his face.

Kairi glared at him and tried to pick up her chopsticks, only for Luhan to steal them and hold another piece out for her. She glared at him and crossed her arms, shaking her head. Luhan chuckled. "I'm not a total to do it three times. Come here."

He drew it closer to , and with her eying him suspiciously, she opened partially, making sure he would not be able to shove it into . He kept true to his word and continued feeding her properly.

A waitress walked by their table and saw their interaction. "Awwh, that's so sweet of your boyfriend to feed you like that," she cooed.

Kairi almost choked for the third time that day, and she somehow managed to find her breath again. Luhan giggled at her and turned to the waitress. "We're not dating. We're just friends," he looked over at Kairi and smirked, "but I guess we do look cute together?" He beamed.

The waitress blushed at her mistake. "Oops! I'm sorry! Well, anyways you two are just too cute." She giggled and walked off.

Luhan turned to Kairi with a grin on his face. "We're so cute together, I think that's a sign for our future love that will blossom," he said greasily while wiggling his eyebrows. Kairi scoffed and pushed his face away. Luhan laughed again and stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom." He blew her a kiss and winked even though she couldn't see it behind his sunglasses. "Don't miss me too much." She rolled her eyes at his conceitedness and continued to struggle with her eating utensils.

Kairi sighed and eventually gave up, waving the waiter over to pack everything into to-go boxes. She walked over to the cash register and paid for the meal before Luhan came back. She sat down back at the table and waited for him to return.

Minutes passed, and Luhan was yet to return. Kairi checked the time on her phone and sighed. *It doesn't take that long to pee. Where is he?*

Kairi stood up and began walking in the direction of the bathrooms. But before she got far, she saw Luhan coming out of the area quickly. He was so preoccupied and troubled that he almost ran into her. He took her by her good hand and mumbled loud enough for her to hear. "Put on your sunglasses. We gotta get out of here."

Kairi was confused but didn't argue further and rummaged through her bag for her sunglasses. As she was putting them on, she heard footsteps following behind them, and she turned around.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

She was suddenly pelted by eggs. She wiped the sticky substance off of her face and looked at the perpetrators. They were a group of college students who looked at Luhan with pure hatred.

"You're a disgrace!"

"How dare you show your face out here!"

"EXO is a bunch of !"

"Why don't you take our advice and go die?"

Kairi looked up at Luhan, and she saw his devastated face. They raised their arms to throw more things at him, but she took the initiative and blocked him, taking the blows. One by one, rotten fruits and vegetables hit her from every direction, but she endured it because it was her job to protect EXO. They began to protest even more.

"Who is this girl?!"

"Get out of our way!"

One of them made a point to shove Kairi and throw her down to the ground. She couldn't react fast enough, and she went crashing down, landing on her injured wrist. She let out a scream and clutched it tightly. Hot tears sprang to her eyes from the pain.

It all happened so quickly, but Kairi saw Luhan yelling at the crowd and felt him gently taking her by the arm. He hurriedly walked them outside to their car and drove away as fast as he could, wincing as he heard them still screaming and throwing things from behind them.  

Kairi grit her teeth and curled up on the car seat. Luhan let out slews of apologies. "I-I'm so so-sorry, Kairi. I di-didn't want to get you s- into all of this. Oh god-" He paled at how much pain she looked to be in.

Before they knew it, Luhan arrived at the hospital and escorted her out of the car. Kairi didn't even realize that they were at a hospital until Kairi entered the building, and she caught a whiff of unnatural cleanliness. She snapped out of her daze and looked around in panic.

Everything about hospitals made her want to throw up.

Kairi spun on her feet and began to walk towards the exit. However, Luhan went up to her and blocked her way. "Where are you going?" Kairi ignored him and tried to surpass him, but he wouldn't let her. "You're not going anywhere, Kairi. You are going to get that checked out!"

Kairi shook her head, trying to convince him that she was totally fine. Luhan narrowed his eyes and gently grabbed her wrist, which caused her to almost fall to the floor in pain. "See! You need to do something about this wrist!"

Kairi shook her head violently. *No, no, no! I don't want to be here!*

"Ms. Kwon?"

Kairi and Luhan turned their heads to see a middle-aged man, wearing a doctor's lab coat. He walked over to Kairi, and his face was etched with surprise. "What a sight to see you actually here!"

Luhan interjected and said, "Are you her doctor? She injured her wrist, and she needs to get it checked out now."

The doctor glanced at Luhan and then turned back to Kairi. "So you're not here for your checkups?"

"Checkups..?" Luhan asked, confused.

Kairi's head whipped around towards Luhan. She gave him a hard look and showed him her notepad. "Go home," she mouthed to him.  

"W-What? I'll wait for y-" Kairi shook her head violently. She pointed towards the exit for him to leave. "But-" Luhan stopped himself when he saw the look on her face. He knew that she would get beyond angry if he didn't listen to her. He sighed and reluctantly nodded. "Alright... Are you sure you can get home from here?"

Kairi rolled her eyes at his motherly toned and nodded, waving him away to go out. Luhan stared at her in concern before hesitantly walking towards the exit. He gave a few back glances to make sure she didn't disappear. Kairi gave him a harsh look, and he immediately took it upon himself to exit the building.

Luhan walked over to the car and got inside. He covered his face with his hands and sighed deeply into them. "Today was supposed to be a fun day…" His phone rang out, notifying him that he had missed calls and texts. He took his phone into his hand and turned it on. His eyes widened when he saw the amount of calls he got from the members and managers.

Luhan sat up and checked the texts he got.


From: Manager Hyung
YOU BETTER GET BACK HOME AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO US. NOW.


From: Yixing
What on earth happened?


From: Jongin-ah
YOU SCREWED UP OMG


From: Xiumin
I thought you were one of the responsible ones!


All of the texts were similar to one another, and Luhan quickly went onto the internet and searched up his name. Pictures and fan accounts showed up from 30 minutes before about the incident at the restaurant. They talked about the anti's treatment towards him and the mysterious girl he was with. 
He didn't dare to scroll down and read the comments. 

Luhan slumped in exasperation and laid his head on the headrest. "This day can't get any worse."  

 

"Kairi-ah, why have you been skipping your monthly checkups?"

Silence.

"Are you not going to the answer me?"

Kairi gave him a hard look. *What the do you think? I CAN'T TALK.*

The doctor sighed and took off his glasses. "You know, if you'd come to your checkups, maybe your talking would come back."

Kairi winced at his harsh tone. She always hated this doctor. He said what he wanted without much consideration for her feelings. She shot him a pissed glare. *Bull. You tried for 5 years, and nothing happened.* She blew her bangs out of her face in irritation.

"Have you at least been going to see Dr. Choi?

Silence.

"You haven't?" The doctor sighed in exasperation. "How could you be so careless? Us doctors are trying to help you!" He saw her roll her eyes, and he huffed his breath. "Well, go visit Dr. Choi after this." He eyed her to get a response, yet she still gave him an expressionless face. He sighed in defeat.

Someone knocked on the door, and he turned his head towards it. "Come in!"

A nurse walked in and bowed to the both of them. "Her X-Rays are done," she said as she handed the doctor with a file.

"Thank you." He grabbed the file, and the nurse bowed, exiting the room. He immediately took out the X-Rays and put them against the light. He placed his glasses on his face again and examined the X-Rays for a long time while rubbing his chin.

He turned to Kairi solemnly. "I'm afraid your wrist has a hairline fracture. We'll need to put a cast on your wrist." Kairi groaned, hating the idea of looking injured in front of people. She could handle a bandage but not a thick cast.

"Also, I advise you to stay immobile for six weeks. You cannot use this wrist in that time."

Kairi's head twisted towards him at lightning speed. *SIX WEEKS?! The festival's in 4 weeks, and I have to make the clothing! I can't rest AT ALL!*

Seeing how her expression turned panicked, the doctor leaned against the counter. "If you use that wrist, it will make worsen and take longer to heal." He gave her a pointed look. "So don't."

He walked over to the door and was about to exit but stopped himself. He turned his head at Kairi again. "And I advise you to start your sessions with Dr. Choi again. Or I might have to contact your family about your predicament." He left the room without another word.

That statement alone caused the hairs on Kairi's neck to raise. She glared at the spot he was last standing in, and she felt the need to punch the wall. *Now what do I do?* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! Long time no see! This has probably been the longest that I have ever gone without updating O;

I'm so sorry guys ; A ; I'm a bad author /cries/ 

I made this chapter a bit longer to make it up to you all? I HOPE Y'ALL LIKE IT. HEHE

Ahahhaha so like. The doctor thing. I did not purposely add more to the mysteriousness of Kairi Kwon. It just kind of happened as I was writing. BUT HEY. Imagination does wonders ;D

P.S. as some of you are just noticing now, I got a new poster and background. Aren't they cute?? I really like them. The poster actually has elements of  the story in it, so that made me really happy. Ommmggg. It's so pretty ;-; 

I hope you all have a nice Monday today! ^-^