One

Janus : My Two Faced Goddess

Blah blah blah, that’s all I was hearing in Korean Government class with Mrs. Jang. I did not want to sit there and listen to how the government works. It’s screwed up anyway. There’s the end of that subject, everyone gets an A. I was so tired from the day before—Coach had us working double time at football practice yesterday.

The loss on Tuesday hit us hard, especially Coach. The other team’s coach was his arch enemy when they were in high school, so he took the loss personally, and made us pay…big time. My muscles were so sore, I almost didn’t come to school.

Man… Mrs. Jang was still taking. I wished she would shut up. I looked out the window and found that it was still raining. The sun had not shone for days in this month of December—the rain has no respect for the seasons here in Gyeonggi, Namyangju. The sunshine we do get in the summer lasts only for a brief moment. I kept staring out the window, praying the time would go by faster.

This blows, I thought to myself, when something hit me on my arm. It was a piece of crumpled-up paper. I opened it. It had hearts and smiley faces on it. It said… Are you free Friday night? I looked up, and Jung Jessica turned to smile at me. I smiled back at her, to be polite. Hmm…what was I doing Friday night? I had no clue, but then it hit me—Chanyeol’s party. I wrote on the paper that I had plans. I wasn’t sure if she was invited—she was a junior, and the party was only for seniors and the football team. I threw the paper back to her. When she opened it she had a sad look on her face. And then she turned to me. I just shrugged my shoulders with a smile on my face. I hope she doesn’t get mad, I thought. I mean, don’t get me wrong—she was fine. Long hair, hazel eyes, and beautiful skin. But she was too forward, and I don’t like that in girls. The other guys on the football team love the attention of girls throwing themselves at them. Me, I just stay on the sidelines. These girls did nothing for me.  

Dang, Mrs. Jang was still talking. Everyone was taking notes, but I decided to doodle instead. Then the door opened. In walked a girl that I had never seen before. She had very long black hair, down her back. Her eyes glowed like cat eyes do in the dark. It was kind of creepy, but sexy at the same time. She wore all black with silver jewelry. And her boots…I don’t know how she wore them. They came all the way up to her knees, with at least a four-inch heel. I heard Jung Krystal giggle to her pet Park Luna, calling the girl a freak. She was a hater because she couldn’t pull that outfit off. Come to think of it, I didn’t think anyone I knew could pull that outfit off.

“Attention, class, we have a new student, Seo Joohyun. Everyone welcome her.” The new girl looked at everyone like she wanted to throw up. “Why don’t you take the empty seat next to Luhan.” She walked gracefully down the rows, not looking at anyone and saying nothing. She looked at me as she sat down and cleared her throat. Damn, she was fine. I could not keep my eyes off of her. Something about her made me wanted to grab her and kiss her nonstop, but I knew she would slap me and put a restraining order on me if I did that. So I decided against it. The bell finally rang. I wanted to talk to her after class, but she was out of the room before I knew it.

“So, what are you doing Friday night?” Jessica was at my desk so fast I didn’t realize she was standing there.

“Um…a party.” I grabbed my book bag and headed toward the door. I want to catch up with the Seohyun girl, but Jessica was blocking my path.

“Oh, whose party?” Dang, she’s nosy.

“It's Chanyeol’s party.”

“Oh, I wonder how come I didn’t know about it.”

“Maybe because it's only for seniors.” I didn’t want to shoot her down like that, but she was too persistent. She was the type of girl that always gets what she wants. Jessica was cute, but Jessica was a dangerous cute. The kind of cute that would start trouble, and in the end someone would get hurt.

“Well, is there any way I could get invited to this party?” She put her hand on my arm. I think she was trying to seduce me…but it didn’t work.

“Umm…I don’t know. If someone that’s already invited brings you, I guess.”

“Well, invite me.” She looked like she wanted to bite me, so I stepped back and gave it to her straight.

“Look, Jessica, I am going to the party alone. I just want to have fun and hang with the fellas. Maybe you should ask Lay, he may be more than happy to take bring you. But I'm going solo.” She stepped back, turned, and flipped her hair. 

“You don’t know what you’re missing,” she said as she walked toward the door. I just shook my head. She was crazy, and I had to let her down easy. I walked out of the class room into the hallway. It was lunchtime. I walked into the cafeteria, hoping I would see Seohyun again. I had no clue what drew me to her. I grabbed my usual—nachos with peppers, sour cream, and cheese—at the food counter.

“Man, the party is going to be crazy on Friday,” Chanyeol said, and he threw some grapes in the air, catching them with his mouth. The only people that sat at our table were the varsity football team. We had the occasional cheerleaders trying to sit with us, but we liked it better when it was just the guys. We could talk about the game, practice, TV, and, yes, girls. Everyone was hyped about Chanyeol's party, which was the first one of the new football season. I was ready to just let loose and have fun. While everyone was still talking about who they were going to take to the party, I glanced around the lunch room to see if Seohyun had this lunch period. And she did. She was sitting a few tables away, with two other girls I’d never seen before. I wondered if they were new as well.

“Hey, Lay,” I said, punching him on his shoulder.

“Dang, man, what?”

“Are they new, too, the ones sitting with the Seohyun girl?” He looked over his shoulder.

“Oh, yeah. The forbidden clique.”

“What? They have a group name already?”

“Yeah, they’re weird. We just came up with that name.” He laughed.

“The one in the middle is…um…Yuri, I think. And the one on the end is…um, what the heck is her name? Hey, Chanyeol, what’s the new weirdo’s name, on the end over there?”

“I think it’s Yoona, something like that.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah, that’s it. Something about them freaks me out, man. And I don’t normally say that about girls…but them…they are some kind of freaky.” I ignored what Chanyeol said about them. All three of the girls looked rather mysterious, in a good way. Yoona’s hair had waves like the ocean, black with blond highlights. Her dark purple eye shadow matched her dark purple shirt. She had her makeup on thick, with pale skin and big black eyes. I was almost afraid to look at her. She looked like she could kick my butt. Yuri had a darker complexion than the other two, like a caramel latte. She had on silver and black makeup, but there was something weird going on with her eyes—they were so dark. No wonder everyone though they looked weird. They had eyes out of this world, literally. She wore all black, like Seohyun. She seemed more into her cell phone than anything else. All three of them had on heels that should have required permission slips. But the one that stood out the most was Seohyun. I had to talk to her. I had to hear her voice. I wanted to smell her scent, and look into her hypnotic eyes. I watched her as she sat there with her crew. She was reading a book, Yoona was putting on makeup, and Yuri was playing with her cell phone. While everyone at the table was getting hyped about the party, I was contemplating whether I was going to go over to her and say something. Suck it up and just go over there, I thought. I exhaled, to let some of the nerves in my stomach settle, and got up.

“Hey, big man, where you going?” Lay asked, but I ignored him. “Hey, don’t do it man, I’m telling you. They are weird.”

I paid no attention to him and kept walking   toward their table. I was a nervous wreck…I was confident about a lot of things, but she seemed to throw me off in a way I couldn’t explain. None of them looked up as I approached the table. I cleared my throat. “Um…hello. So you ladies are new here?” The three of them raised their heads slowly. “Hi, I’m Lu Han” They just stared at me without saying one word. It felt like time stopped. They just continued to stare. So I turned my attention to Seohyun. “You’re Seohyun, right?” She was still holding the book in her hands as she stared at me up and down. It looked like she wanted to kill me. She gave me a cold stare, then turned her head and continued reading. Well, that’s strange, I thought to myself. “Um, well, I know it can be tough being the new girls and all, so why don’t you girls come to my buddy Chanyeol’s party on Friday?” I felt like I was talking to myself. Yoona and Yuri turned to look at Seohyun. I guess they were looking for some type of OK from her. Was she their leader or something? I wondered. She just kept reading, turning several pages while I was standing there. I didn’t know if she was turning the page out of boredom, or if she really could read that fast. Her book was called Born to Bite. The cover was a maroon with a guy on it, and a moon in the back ground. “Okay, well, I will see you ladies around.” None of them said a word. Yoona went back to her makeup, Yuri to her cell.

I felt really stupid. I’d humiliated myself completely. I walked back over to the table. I couldn’t tell the boys what happened, so I lied.

“So, what happened with the creepy freaks?”

“Man, you’re right, those females are so weird. I’ll give them time.”

“She shot you down, huh?” Lay and everyone at the table fell out laughing.

“Nah, man, you know... Jessica sweating me hecka hard right now. I had to let her down.”

“You’re crazy, you know she’s easy?”

“Too easy.” Everyone said in unison.

“She’s like the walking plague,” Chanyeol said.

“So, what’s up with the music? You got a DJ?” I asked Chanyeol, changing the subject.

“Yeah. He included the strobe lights and everything. My parents said they were leaving the house all to me, but to make sure no one breaks anything. I said I can handle that.”

“Man, your parents are way too cool. My mom would never let me have a party. And if I did, my sister would tell.”

“Your sister is a blocker, man, but she is fine, though.”

“Hey, dude, that’s my sister!”

“I’m sorry. I can’t help it. I am a man. Tell him, Xiumin, isn’t his sister fine?”

Xiumin stopped eating for a moment. “Man, if she wasn’t such a stuck-up snob I would get with her, but stuck-up snobs and I don’t mix.” He stuffed a Twinkie in his mouth.

“Good,” I said, “I taught her to be that way. So she won’t talk to knuckleheads like you guys.” Chanyeol, Lay, and Xiumin threw food at me.

“You call your sister a blocker…but you’re the blocker. I guess she got that from you,” Lay said, finishing his Pepsi. My sister was two years older than me, but I had to protect her like she was my little sister. Everyone continued their conversation, and I replayed what happened at Seohyun’s table. I didn’t understand what her problem was. But I was going to find out.

 

----

A/N:

I'm very sorry for updating for such a long, long time..

It's just that our internet connection on the previous days was quite unstable :/

 

Anyways, I hope you did enjoy <3

PS: This is my original style of writing (I've used this style for most of my fanfics)

so I'm very happy and I'm more comfortable with it :D