Your Eyes

Your Eyes

 

Yukwon sat there, on the park bench, hands intertwined with the one sitting right beside him. He felt happy, he felt complete, even though he knew that he was far from that: he was blind.

 

“Jiho yah” Yukwon smiled, facing the said person. Feeling his presence was enough for Yukwon to be the happiest person in the whole world.

 

“Yes?” Jiho replied, returning a smile to Yukwon, even though the other couldn’t see it.

 

“Thank you” Yukwon tightened his grip on the other’s hand.

 

“For what?”

 

“For being always being there for me” Yukwon said, “Eventhough I’m like this…” lowering his head down.

 

Jiho placed his other hand on Yukwon’s cheek, it lovingly, “Don’t say that Kwonnie, you’re perfect just the way you are”

 

“Other people doesn’t seem to think so” Yukwon sighed, “I hear people talking about me sometimes, they must’ve thought I couldn’t hear too…” he chuckled dryly, “The way they talk, the things that they talked about, it disgust me… I… I hate this, I hate meself…”

 

Jiho sighed deeply before pulling the other into a warm comforting hug, “I love you… Don’t let anyone’s words get into your head, they don’t know what you’ve been through, they don’t know what they’re saying…”

 

Yukwon smiled at Jiho’s comforting words and buried his head more into Jiho’s chest, “Thanks…”

 

They stayed at the bench for a little while longer, enjoying each other’s presence, “Hey, let’s go back… it’s getting late, you’re going to catch a cold”

 

Yukwon giggled and turned to Jiho, “Yes mommy…”

 

Jiho smiled and inched himself closer to Yukwon without the other knowing, and pecked his lips, which resulted a very shocked and flushed looking kitty. Jiho stood up and held Yukwon’s hand, motioning to stand up as well, before taking the walking stick which was right next to Yukwon, “Come then…”

 

They made their way to the hospital, hand in hand. Smiles all around each other’s faces.

 

Yukwon and Jiho are both patients in the same hospital. Yukwon was admitted because of his blindness while Jiho was admitted because he had an accident and was advised to stay at the hospital for annual checkups, not that he had any major injuries.

 

The first time they met was when Jiho was wondering around the hospital at night because he can’t sleep, he came to the hospital’s small garden when he saw an angel sitting down on one of the benches there. He was amazed at how beautiful the other looked at the moment, skin illuminated by the mixture of the moonlight and the streetlights.

 

When Jiho approached the figure, he couldn’t help to feel sorry as the other asked who was there and that he informed him that he couldn’t see, that he was blind. Jiho smiled and sat next to the angel, he introduced himself cheerfully, and Yukwon couldn’t be happier, he finally had a friend.

 

The first time Jiho said ‘I love you’ to Yukwon, Yukwon just smiled and murmured a ‘Thank you’ before he goes on talking about other things. Deep down, Jiho felt hurt, but he smiled non the less, at least he didn’t lose his only friend here in the hospital.

 

And that leads us to the present day,

 

Jiho was holding Yukwon’s hand, guiding the poor boy around the hospital and into his own room, “We’re here”

 

“Thanks Jiho ya” Yukwon smiled before feeling his way around the room to his bed.

 

Jiho followed Yukwon to his bed and putting Kwon’s walking stick just right beside him, so that he doesn’t have to feel around the room, “You’re welcome~ my Kwonnie~~”

 

Yukwon giggled and made himself comfortable on his bed.

 

Jiho smiled and sat in front of Yukwon, “Kwon ah…”

 

“You should really call me hyung, you know…”

 

“We’re born in the same year!” Jiho exclaimed.

 

“Still, I was born earlier than you~” Yukwon stuck his tongue out playfully and grinned.

 

“Fine, Yukwon HYUNG” emphasizing on the ‘hyung’ part.

 

“Now that wasn’t so bad now was it~” Yukwon giggled, “What is it?”

 

“You… you know, that I love you, right?” Jiho carefully asked.

 

Yukwon smiled, “I don’t think it’s love Jiho-ya… it might be like, but I don’t think it’s love”

 

“How would you know that?” Jiho scrunched his face.

 

“Because,” Yukwon lowered his head, “I’m sick Jiho… I can’t see, I need help doing everything… maybe the feeling you have for me is pity, because I’m not like what I used to be…”

 

Jiho felt angry for a moment before giving a low sigh, “Kwon, I told you, don’t think like that. I love you, I really do. Not because I have to, it’s because I want to.” He held Yukwon’s hand and brought it to his lips, kissing each fingers softly.

 

“Jiho…”

 

“Please,” Jiho begged, “can’t you just give me a chance?”

 

Yukwon gave a sad smiled, “I.. I just don’t want to lose you Jiho”

 

“What do you mean?” Jiho asked, concerned.

 

“I’m afraid, that… If I love you back, then… you would leave me…” a tear fell from Yukwon’s  eye.

 

Jiho hurriedly made his way to sit next to Yukwon and wrapped his arms around Yukwon’s waist, letting Yukwon’s head rested on his shoulder, “I won’t leave you, I would never leave you”

 

Yukwon sighed and wrapped his arms around Jiho’s torso, burying his head to the other’s chest.

 

“Do I get my chance now?” Jiho said.

 

Yukwon giggled, “You’re still on that?”

 

“I have to have my answer Kwonnie~”

 

“You have to promise me…” Yukwon sighed.

 

“Anything”

 

“Don’t ever leave me” Yukwon tightened his arms around Jiho, “Ever”

 

“I wouldn’t leave you even if you told me to” Jiho smiled, happy because he finally can have his chance.

 

*

 

They next day Yukwon woke up and felt something warm around him, and he remembered, Jiho slept over at his room.

 

“Morning Kwonnie~~” Jiho said cheerfully.

 

Yukwon smiled, It’s morning already… Another day, fill in darkness…

 

But it’s okay, since Jiho is here…

 

The day filled with the usual, eat, sleep, medicine and spend his time with Jiho.

 

That night, Jiho slept over again, it took almost half an hour of Jiho begging his doctor to let him sleep in the same room with Yukwon.

 

“I’m tired~” Yukwon exhaled as he laid his head onto Jiho’s shoulder.

 

“I think we should go around the hospital more often no? exercise and all~” Jiho chuckled at Yukwon’s disgusted face, clearly he’s not enjoying the idea.

 

It was almost 1 in the morning and they haven’t sleep yet.

 

“Kwon ah, why aren’t you sleeping? I thought you were tired…” Jiho asked, looking down at the said boy.

 

“I am tired, I just can’t sleep…”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“Kwon ah…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure”

 

“You don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to” Jiho assured him.

 

“Okay” Yukwon smiled, “Just ask Jiho ya~”

 

“We’ve been friends for a few months now, and… well… you never really tell me, how you… umm…” Jiho felt uncomfortable now, he shouldn’t have ask.

 

“How I became blind?” Yukwon finished off his sentence.

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

Yukwon sighed before sitting up, making Jiho sat up as well, “Well…” he smiled bitterly, “…that’s kinda of a long story”

 

“If you don’t want to tell me than it’s okay…” Jiho caressed Yukwon’s cheek.

 

Yukwon lifted his hand and placed it above Jiho’s hand that was on his cheek, “It’s okay, I guess I can tell you now… Since you’re my boyfriend”

 

“I’m your boyfriend?!” Jiho asked, a little louder than necessary. He felt Yukwon stiffened a little.

 

“I-I th-thought th-that… ah… I-I’m so-sorry…” Yukwon started to tear up.

 

“Hey, hey, why are you crying?” Jiho immediately hugged the older, “Please don’t cry, Kwonnie, please don’t cry”

 

“I’m sorry, I just thought… since…” Yukwon started.

 

Jiho just smiled, “Don’t be sorry” and tightened his hug around Yukwon, “I’m just shocked, and happy… I didn’t know that we’re “together” together”

 

“I thought you wanted it like that”

 

“Believe me I do, I really do” Jiho chuckled, “Thank you Kwon ah”

 

Yukwon smiled, hugging Jiho back.

 

“Do you want to continue your story?” Jiho asked, after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Sure… I guess”

 

“You don’t ha-“

 

“It’s fine Jiho~” Yukwon released himself from the long hug and turned to face his boyfriend.

 

“Then, continue…” Jiho made himself comfortable on the bed as he waited for Yukwon to continue sharing his story.

 

“I lost my eyes around a year ago,” Yukwon started, “I don’t think you were admitted here yet.”

 

“No, I wasn’t…” Jiho interrupted, “Opps, sorry… please continue”

 

Yukwon shook his head and smiled, “I was in love… I was stupid… love really made oneself blind, huh? In my case, love literally made me blind…”

 

“Kwonnie…”

 

“His name was Minhyuk…” Yukwon smiled bitterly, “We’ve been in love for as long as I could remember, at least, I love him. Honestly, he was blind when I first met him. He became great friends at first, then it became more intimate…” he sighed.

 

“Kwonnnie, you can stop if you want…” Jiho held his hand.

 

“No, it’s fine…” Yukwon smiled, it always amazes Jiho how Kwon always smiled so beautifully, even at his condition, “Then, one day, Minhyuk said that he wanted to see me… He really wished that there would be an eye donor soon, so he could finally see me, and he even said that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, if he could”

 

“And?”

 

Tears fell from Kwon’s eyes, “I told you I was in love right….” his breath hitched, “I really loved him, and I really thought that he loved me too. So the next day, I signed up to donate my eyes for him.”

 

A tear fell from Jiho’s eye.

 

“When the surgery was successful, I went to his room. I told him how happy I was for him, he finally could see the colours of the world. It was worth it, even if what I could only see now are all darkness” more tears fell from his eyes, “I really thought he would thank me and help me like the way I always helped him. But, you know what he said…”

 

“Kwon-ah…”

 

“He told me that things can’t work out between us anymore…” Yukwon laughed bitterly, “Since I was blind, he said that we couldn’t do anything that normal couples can do… I’m stupid, so stupid…”

 

Without hesitation, Jiho grabbed Yukwon and pulled him into a bone crushing hug, “Yukwon”

 

Yukwon said nothing, he just cried. Cried till he can’t cry anymore, and he felt tired, extremely tired. So he slept, in the arms of Jiho.

 

Jiho carefully laid Yukwon down on his bed before lying down next to him as well, he caressed the other’s cheek, wiping away the tears that was still lingering somewhere on his cheeks. He never knew how hard Yukwon’s life was, he always knew the happy and fun loving side of the older, he never really knew about the sad part of his life.

 

“I’m sorry that you have to suffer through that alone Yukwon ah” Jiho whispered before kissing Yukwon’s forehead, cheeks and finally gave a quick peck on his lips.

 

*

 

The next morning, for some reason, Yukwon felt relaxed. He doesn’t have that confined feeling he have every time he woke up in the morning.

 

“Morning my love~~~”

 

Yukwon smiled at Jiho’s cheerful voice, “Morning Jiho”

 

Jiho grinned and gave a peck on Kwon’s lips.

 

“What was that for?” Yukwon asked, clearly in shock.

 

“Morning kiss~”

 

“O-oh…” he blushed at the younger’s straightforwardness.

 

“Want more?” Jiho .

 

“W-what?!” Yukwon’s face gotten redder than normal.

 

Jiho chuckled and kissed his boyfriend again, full on his lips. Yukwon stayed still for a while, but after some time, he began moving his lips to Jiho’s and he felt warm inside, like it was the right thing to do.

 

“Kwon ah…” Jiho said, lips touching Yukwon’s.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m getting out today…”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I’m discharging from the hospital today, I thought I should let you know…”

 

“Y-you’re l-leaving me?”

 

“N-no! No, no, no, no, of course not!” Jiho caressed the other’s cheeks.

 

“T-then…”

 

“I’ll just be away for a few hours to get my stuff and I’ll be back here, okay?” Jiho assured him.

 

“Promise?” Yukwon just had to ask. He doesn’t want to be alone anymore.

 

“I promise” Jiho kissed Yukwon’s lips and smiled, “I’ll come back”

 

And Jiho left.

 

Yukwon was left alone again.

 

He was scared.

 

Jiho… please hurry back.

 

*

 

It was almost night time that Yukwon felt someone holding his hand, “Kwonnie”

 

“Jiho!!” Yukwon almost jumped at the younger, if only he could see where he was, “Where have you been?” he almost cried, “I thought you weren’t coming back”

 

“I promised I won’t leave you, remember…” Jiho hugged the older, “I was just out, searching… and I finally found it.”

 

“What were you searching for that took you this long?!” Yukwon yelled, hands clutched onto the younger’s shirt. He was just scared.

 

“A donor”

 

“Donor?”

 

“For their eyes…”

 

“Eyes?” Yukwon eyes widened.

 

“Yes” Jiho hugged the older, “And I found one. Yukwon, I found one. For you”

 

“Me?”

 

“I want you to see the world again Kwon ah… I want you to see me. The way I see you” Jiho smiled.

 

“Jiho…” Yukwon cried.

 

“Is it okay?” Jiho asked.

 

Yukwon didn’t know what to say, he just hugged Jiho and cried. He can finally see again.

 

*

 

It was finally the day that Yukwon was allowed to take off the bandages around his eyes. He was nervous, and so was Jiho. Jiho was with him all step of the way. He held onto Kwon’s hand, “It’ll be okay”

 

The doctor unfolds the bandages and examined Yukwon as he slowly opened his eyes.

 

“How do you feel?” the doctor asked.

 

“Fine…” Yukwon looked at the doctor, how the doctor’s face began to smile, how the light was so bright through the window shades, how the nurses all looked genuinely happy. And finally, he turned to his side, where he could see a man. Blonde hair, wide grin, beautiful eyes.

 

“Can you see me?” Jiho asked.

 

Tears fell from Kwon’s eyes, he smiled from ear to ear.

 

“Your eyes are pretty Jiho ya”

 

 

THE END

 

A/N: First blockb fic, DONE!!! This was supposed to be a drabble, but I got carried away and… BAM! I just hope this is enjoyable for you readers~~ ^^ please forgive me for any mistakes and fyi, I don’t know anything to do with medicals and stuff, so… teehee~~ this was purely based on fiction~ XD sorry if i made any grammar mistakes and all that... *bow* :D

 

I want to read ZiKwon fics, any recommendations?? :D /ahh, my zikwon feels~/

 

Comment please~ *throw hearts*