Final

Baby Don't Cry

 

 

 

Please play this audio as you read for effect.


 

You gazed out the window, emotionlessly. Your face was blank. Not a single emotion could be seen on your face. The room was dead silent. The only sound that could be heard was the pitter-pattering of the raindrops on the window and the constant vibrating sound coming from your phone which lay next to you. You glanced down for a brief second before shifting your gaze back to the rain. You smirked to yourself bitterly. What the hell had you been thinking? Believing his words was probably one of the most stupid things you had ever done in your life.

You had always been a very realistic girl and not the type to believe in fairy tales. Sure, you daydreams and had a creative mind, but when it came to viewing the real world and your future, you were not the type to think your life is that of a fairy tale princess. You were always cautious about everything, assessing everything beforehand to prevent yourself from getting into an unfavourable situation. Like the one you were currently in.

Today was the 16th of June. Just two days before, it was your 4th year anniversary with the love of your life, Do Kyungsoo, also known as EXO's D.O. You had called him a few times that day but he hadn’t answered any of your calls until about half past eleven at night. When you had asked him where he was the whole day, he simply replied that he had just arrived back in Seoul. You scoffed and pointed out that your cousin, who was also his best friend, had texted yor to let you know they had arrived earlier that morning. He paused for a moment and you swore you heard him mutter a curse under his breath before apologizing. Why hadn’t he answered any of your calls? He paused even longer than before, then suddenly said that he was busy, and with that, he hung up.

You couldn’t believe it. It was just so absurd. The first two years of your relationship had been completely blissful. But ever since a few months after your 3rd year, everything started going downhill. As the days passed, you both began to argue. Even over the smallest of things. Eventually, your arguments became heated and the words spouted were most hateful. You tried to be an understanding girlfriend since you knew of the consequences of dating an idol, in secret. However, your own efforts were not enough to salvage the relationship. Especially when he was not putting in the effort to be as understanding as he could be. Neither did he comfort your when you needed it.

Your thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of your door slamming open, only to reveal your cousin, Kim Jongin, also known as EXO's Kai. Your eyes rounded for a second before you glanced away. You couldn’t look at your own cousin without remembering Kyungsoo. After all, he was the one that introduced you two. Jongin was panting heavily as he walked over to you.

“_____, I know he was an but, you have to come. You’re the only one that can help him.” At those words, you turned back to look at your cousin.

“H-help him?” you stammered, voice shaking slightly. Jongin nodded grimly.

“He’s been drowning himself with alcohol since this morning-”

He went to a club?!" you cut him off abruptly. He shook his head and you sighed in relief, gesturing for him to continue what he was saying.

“He locked himself up in his room after grabbing a pack of beer from the fridge. Please _____, I can’t bear to see both of you hurting like that…”

You bit your lip as you considered all the possibilities in your head. Finally, you sighed and grabbed your phone off the table. “Bring me to him.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four boys stood outside the door to Jongin and Kyungsoo's room.

“Remind me why we’re here again?” The boy with thickly-lined eyes, Baekhyun, pouted as he leaned his head on the wall.

“To try and get Kyungsoo hyung's out of his room.” The boy with gray-ish hair, Sehun, replied in a bored tone. This earned him a smack on his head.

“Yah, maknae. Keep quiet if you're not going to help.” The tallest among them, Chanyeol, chided in his deep husky voice.

“What? He doesn’t need our comfort.” Sehun scoffed.

“He needs _____.” The leader, Junmyeon, finished in a wise tone. A loud beep followed by the sound of the door to their dorm opening caught their attention.

“Speak of the devil.” Baekhyun smirked. The boys watched as Jongin dragged you towards them. He slowly opened the door and lightly nudged you forward.

"We're counting on you," he said, shutting the door. You sighed but turned around and scanned the room. The curtains weren't drawn and the only source of light was from the gap between the curtains. However. the light was enough to illuminate Kyungsoo's face, allowing you to see how beat up he looked. You smirked bitterly. Shouldn't you be the one upset and not him? 

You took a step forward, accidentally crushing an empty beer can beneath your feet. The sound seemed to have snapped him out of his thoughts.

“_____…” he breathed out before standing up from his spot on the floor beside his bed. He stumbled towards you in a drunken manner. You quickly rushed towards him, catching him so he would not fall. He met eyes with you and breathed your name out once more. Hearing his voice like this and seeing his pathetic state broke your heart even more.

“K-kyungsoo…” you managed to say but got lost in his eyes. He grabbed you by the wrist then pushed you up against the wall, pinning you hands above your head. He then leaned in to kiss you. The kiss was full of passion and need. You struggled but Kyungsoo held on to you tightly and put more force into the kiss. At last, your emotions could not remain bottled up any more. The floodgates opened and tears gushed down your cheeks. Noticing your tears, Kyungsoo pulled away immediately.

"Mianhe, I-"

"What Kyungsoo? What are you sorry for? Sorry that you kissed me? Sorry that you broke up with me? Sorry you broke my heart? Or sorry that you even dated me?" You exploded as you began sobbing uncontrollably.

"A-ani...I-I would never be sorry that I dated you or that I kissed you. But yes, I'm sorry I broke up with you and I'm sorry I broke your heart." You sobbed even more as you hears those words leave his mouth. He leaned in and hugged you tightly, gently rubbing your back in a comforting manner.

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting recently and I'm sorry that I forgot our anniversary. I know this is a pathetic excuse but I was really insecure about us. I was afraid you would leave me when you got sick of my schedules, me constantly not being around and the fact that we had to date secretly. I was afraid I would lose you." Hearing his explanation, you began to calm down but you had not stopped crying completely.

"W-what about our anniversary?" your voice shook as you spoke.

"Well, to be honest, I really forgot. I'm really sorry baby!"

"Then why did you lie and hang up?" He let go of you then looked down at his feet.

"Well uhm...you see...I was already very insecure at that time and I didn't know what to do since you sounded so angry so I cut the call." You chuckled lightly at his sheepish expression.

"You're such a dork, Jagi." his head shot up and he looked at you with wide eyes.

"J-jagi?" you gave him a watery smile.

"Neh, we're still together aren't we? Since we techincally didn't officially break up. Unless...you really want to break up?"

"NO!" he exclaimed, jumping forward to give you a bone-crushing hug. Pulling apart, he swiftly leaned in and claimed your lips. Not a needy and pssionate kiss, but a sweet and gentle kiss which was full of love. Your knees buckled a little, making him chuckle slightly. He lowered his hands to your waist and sat you both down on his bed as you tangled your fingers in his hair. His kisses became short butterfly pecks on your jaw line, then to your neck. He then proceeded to nibble and your ear. You giggled at the ticklish feeling then lightly pushed him away, a tear trickling down your already tear-stained cheeks.

"W-wae?" he started to panic. "Why are you crying?"

"Because I missed you, Jagi, and I'm so happy right now." A smile broke out on his face immediately as he wiped away your tears. “I love you, Do Kyungsoo.”

He froze at your statement but looked back at you with a wide smile, his own eyes watering a little.

“I love you too, _____. So please baby, don't cry.” With that, he leaned in for another kiss.

 


 Total word count: 1,516 words.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing this.
Please do leave some comments so I know how to improve on my writing skills!
Constrcutive criticism is always welcomed ^^

Thank you for reading!