Finding Home

Finding Home

 

On a bridge in town, the small sobs of a child sounded. It was a misty evening, the darkness approaching with hasty footsteps, feeling no sympathy or pity for the little boy crouching down, arms around his knees, crying softly. It was late, a few stars were already twinkling on the sky, and in the fog the child's wails sounded like that of an underground monster. No one dared approach the bridge and so the child was alone and so utterly scared, not daring to move, not able to stop crying.

 

His knight in shining armour was on his way though, his white horse being a pair of worn out shoes, his sword a bouquet of flowers, and his armour his pure soul. He was on his way home to his mom, after having been out all day, playing around the town and searching the most beautiful flowers in the park not far from the bridge and the crying boy.

 

When he heard the heartbreaking sobs, the boy's eyes grew wide with worry. Glancing around, he cautiously moved towards the sound, eyes fixated on the spot from which the noise came.

Nothing was yet to be seen due to the thick mist, and although there was an echo, horrifying the crying, the boy with the flowers stood his ground and kept nearing, hands tightly clutching at the bouquet.

 

The small crying boy came within sight of the slightly bigger one, and relief seared through him. It was no monster getting ready to rampage the city, or an enormous vampire bat with gigantic teeth and claws. It was, however, a small boy around his own age. A very sad small boy around his own age. Carefully he approached him.

 

“Hey you? Are you alright?” His voice was soft and in normal circumstances would have been quite, but in with the echoing surroundings and the early silence that had been present, it sounded loud to the sitting boy, who flinched, looking around with impossible enormous eyes. So huge in fact that the flower boy was unsure if he indeed had encountered a monster or not, but the watery eyes and quivering pout, drew the knight closer.

 

“What's wrong?” Nervously he sat down next to the boy, “Why are you crying?” The smaller boy hiccuped and wiped his nose in his sleeve. “I don't know the way home. I've been searching for hours!” He said, his voice shaking. “I just wanna go home!” He whined, hiding his face in his arms again. The flower boy looked at the other boy concerned. “Hey you?” “Yeah?” “Have a flower.” A yellow daisy was handed over to the surprised small boy, who stopped crying and just sat and stared at the beautiful flower in his hand. “Wow. It's so pretty, thank you?” He said, smiling a bit. “You're welcome. I'm Jongin by the way.” He grinned. “Oh. I'm Kyungsoo.” The other responded, drying his face with the back of his hand.

 

“Where do you live?” Jongin asked, touching the other's hand. Face growing serious again, the lost boy told him his address, his eyes glued to the daisy. Only when Jongin responded, a short while later, did he look up.

 

“Don't you worry! I know where that is!” Standing up, he beamed at Kyungsoo who still was sitting on the bridge.

“You do?” He asked in awe. “Honestly?” The knight smiled wider and nodded.

“Sure do. Come on, let's get you home.”

 

 

From that day forth it the flower had been a kind of promise between them. A promise that Jongin always would be there to get Kyungsoo home. Even as they grew older the two never hesitated to present the other a daisy.

 

Always when school was done, Jongin would make sure to bring Kyungsoo home before walking home himself. Kyungsoo didn't need the help anymore, and quite honestly it had been a years since his home had been the red house next to the butcher, but he did appreciate Jongin's company a lot.

Home is where the heart is, an old saying told, Kyungsoo hadn't yet found an other saying that was more true than that. Jongin was his home, and one day, a fine foggy morning in the dawn of April, Kyungsoo handed Jongin a rose instead of a daisy as were usual. With an unsure expression Jongin took it, eyes flickering between the rose and Kyungsoo.

 

With a smile from Kyungsoo, Jongin understood. Both leaned forward, becoming one in the fog, as their lips met and the promise was sealed.

 

Kyungsoo would never have trouble finding home again.  

 

--------

Hey, yay, finally. Actually I hadn't expected this to be the outcome of your request SHINee2000.. Yesterday I wrote another story, but I was so unhappy with it, that I deleted it and wrote this one instead. I hope you like it and that it's fluffy enough for you.

 

Requests and comments are always welcome. I love all and everyone of you!