New year`s eve

Hold me tight

 

I was freezing badly. It snowed outside, and with thin clothes, barefooted and with hands. It was dark outside, so dark that I nearly couldn`t see.  New year’s eve was almost over. Children played around in the white snow, making snowman’s, singing Christmas songs and celebrated the last day of the year with their families. I on the other hand was lonely, wandering alone in the empty streets.  My feet felt stiff, like it was frozen to ice, my tiny toes could barely move, and small snowflakes gathered together between them.

I haven`t sold anything. Not even a single match. People were so busy with their own business, buying expensive presents and sparkling fireworks for tonight’s yearly event that they totally ignored little me. Presents so big that little my could only dream about to get, so unrealistic for me to even be able to afford. I could still hear my dad’s voice, replaying inside my head with those cold and harsh words he threatened me with before I left. “If you don`t sell at least one match today, don`t you dare come home again! Am I making myself clear?” he said, and I could still feel those powerful hits in my face, that aching pain of the dark purple bruise on the left eye. Most of all was the disgusted face he threw towards me, and that he pushed me like trash at the cold ground. That face still hunted my mind.

The streets started to be filled with people in every age. Most of them passed me, ignored me like I was just air. Suddenly was a slight punch hitting me, forcing me to senses as I realized that I bumped into an old lady. “Aw, poor baby boy, you look like are freezing to death” said the old woman and searched eagerly in her purse for something. She brought up a pair of gloves and handed them over to me. “Here you go dear. And have a happy new year” she said and gave me a warming smile before she left. I could barely open my lips, like they almost were dried out. I wanted to say thanks, or at least smile back; however, deep in my heart was I more thankful than ever. Guess I looked more shocked than happy when she showed me those red knitted gloves that saved my small fingers from the cold. I could slowly feel my muscles again, that I could move my fingers. “Thank you old lady” escaped my lips in a small whisper as I tapped further into the streets.

“No thanks!” “Sorry I`m out of money.” “I only have my bank card” “Go home kid.” Replied most of the people when I rang on their door. Not even the so called puppy eye trick worked either. It was hopeless. I could rather give up than try more. Home wasn`t even an option. Dad would only hit me again, and swear out insulting words again. It was always like that. After mom died from ill, went dad all crazy with the alcohol, and he never showed any love to me at all. Something shiny caught my eye, and like a fly I went closer to it. Passing the thick fog were there a few houses nearby. I could smell warm beef through the window, and hypnotized as I was couldn`t I help it but to take a closer look.

Inside the window, was there a happy family. They smiled and sang Christmas songs. There were three boys. One little and two older ones that looked identical to each other, except the hair color. They were around my age. The family were dressed in the prettiest clothes. The males in suits and the only mother wore a pretty dress. How wonderful. They looked so happy together. The decorated tree, all the presents, lighted candles. Everything little me could dream of. If only I could get something like this. Something heartwarming and caring. Love from a family, the feeling of safety and never be alone anymore. However, the one who grabbed my attention was one of the twins, the one wearing a more casual style and had lighter brown hair. His lower lip was thinner from the other twin, and he looked like the more mature one as the other one played mostly with a Pikachu plush or something. A smile curved my lips when I for the first time heard his singing voice. It was calming my ears, making me flatter from the killing smile of his. I just had to admire him. How beautiful he was, how those big eyes tangled me to him. My face drowned closer the window. I totally forgot the danger of being seen. I totally forgot the time and kept on watching the angelic boy in the white suit. Pure white as the snow, and his face even more perfect than the commercial models he had seen on posters. His eyes sparkled brighter than the stars. I couldn`t describe how I adored and envied the person for being so perfect. I could clearly say that I was falling in love with this stranger by my first sight.

Hours left and I was completely lost in time. I have stared at the boy ever since I came there, and they didn`t noticed me at all. The boy’s name was Youngmin. And he was obviously the oldest one of the twins. Youngmin, what a wonderful name of a masterpiece by god. After scanning all the features of the tall boy could he tell apart him and the twin just by one look. Youngmin had the most feminine appearance by them, probably got it from his mother. If only I could be so handsome or be lucky enough to talk to this person. “Oh no! This can`t be” I shocked, and stopped my mouth by covering it with my hand. Youngmin saw me! He actually saw me! I`m screwed now! He would think I am a stalker or anything. I thought fast and attempted to run around the corner of the house and behind some trash buckets next to the house. But my feet tuned out to be heavy stones, so I ended up stumbling and my body was thrown forward, destined to fall down. Yes, I was trash, not more than those matches I desperately tried to sell. I realized that I could just stay here, hoping that the snow would cover my wreckless body. Letting me fade away to join my mom in heaven. And never be able to meet the angel Youngmin.

Youngmin POV

“Kwangmin-ah! Stop playing with that Pikachu and come eat dinner” I shouted. It was so typical him being more excited over the toys than even paying attention to eat the dinner. “You can play with him after we have eaten dinner arasso?” I told him again. After a few tries did I manage to get into that lost minded boy. When I was about to head over to the red decorated Christmas table. Couldn`t I stop myself from staring at the window for a moment. “It was like…Someone stared at me?” I thought. Clearing my head a little walked I over to the table and sat down, smiling widely over the sight over the hot and well prepared beef in front of me. Having those peaceful moments with my family was more precious than anything, making new memories.  We started to eat, the taste was amazingly delicious. It pleasured my tongue, making my belly satisfied. But something bothered my mind. Was there someone out there? If so, who was it? “Youngmin-ah! Can you take out the trash please?” “Neh!” I answered short. “Thank you sweetheart” could I hear my mother say sweetly as honey.

I went out of the house, walked slowly around the corner of the house. Everything seemed to be normal until my sight was directed down. “Oh my god!” I dropped the trash and kneeled down. I brushed away the snow, noticing that it covered a boy. He was ice cold, almost to death. I leaned my ear closely to his chest. I sighed in a huge relief, his heart was still beating, barely. Without thinking carried I the boy up and into my arms. “Hello? YAH! Are you alright there. Hello? “ I almost shouted. Panicked over the situation that my brain almost couldn`t think, I just tighten the grip around the boy, hoping it would give him some warmth to wake up. Poor boy, how long have he stayed here? My eyes started to scan this boy. He wore barely clothes, his feet was , red gloves, black hair, thick lips, and his eyes seemed to be smaller than his own. I sort of found him cute. A shaking hand was raising up, I didn`t noticed it before it touched mine. I reacted fast and watched the boy open his eyes slowly. My mouth was almost wide open as eye was dazzled by such cuteness. His eyes were dark as puppy eyes. He seemed so innocent, like a pure hearted soul. Like his appearance was describing his personality only by one look. “ Thank god you are awake” I managed to say, before the weakened boy`s tightened his grip on my sleeve, watching me with wider eyes, letting my heart skip a beat as I was dragged into his sight. “I-I`m freezing” the boy stuttered. He had a high pitched voice. TOO CUTE FOR ME TO RESIST! “I`ts alright, I`m here, I will warm you, just.. just hold me tight” I answered softly and brought the boy closer to me, so his body touched mine, letting the thin clothes meet the huge contrast from my winder coat. “Wh-whats your name?” I asked the boy. My hand trailed up to brush away the snowflakes from the dark locks of his hair. his hair gently, and downwards the fragile body of the cold back of his, so the little one could stop shivering gradually. I was too scared to take the boy inside. I mean, what would mom think if I randomly brought a stranger inside the house? Well, I would do it. I mean I had to do it. This boy couldn`t freeze to death either!? “M-Minwoo” answered the shivering boy.

I brought the boy up on my lap, covering his tiny feet under my long coat. Minwoo only did as I instructed him. It was funny. He was like a cute baby child, or like a lost puppy. Yep, puppy would be the best comparing. I didn`t wanted to ask this puppy boy too much questions. He was too cold and had lost a lot of energy by being out in the snow for probably many hours. My hand tugged the boy`s head closer to my chest, letting him snuggle naturally closer to me. I don`t know why, but something with this boy was making me all mushy. His attraction was huge, and it wasn`t just because I felt sorry for this child, it was something more. “Y-Youngmin-ah” wait? How could he know my name? Well, no time to ask, just answer. “Y-yes?” my attention was only at the puppy boy, waiting nervously for his words. “You are an angel” his soft voice nearly whispered out. Minwoo closed his eyes and snuggled himself tighter. His hands wrapped around my waist, and at that moment could I feel a hot red blush appearing on my cheeks.  I was literally surprised. This boy, he! Is it possible? Really? Is it possible to fall in love by the first sight?

3rd POV

Youngmin didn`t know what to do. He just sat there, holding around a stranger he barely knew. And he was completely fascinated by the boy in his embrace. He could guess that his family was worried now, but that didn`t matter now. All that matters to him now was Minwoo. The clock was ticking, and time passed. It was almost there. Almost midnight. The puppy eyed boy looked up in the sky, admiring the stars up high, then it narrowed down to meet the big brown eyes in front of him, tilting his head when he asked. “Did it hurt when you fell down from heaven?” the innocent boy managed to form a smile on his lips. Youngmin just had to chuckle. It wasn`t legal to be so cute! He was over cute! Minwoo was like an unsharpened diamond. A precious Christmas gift from above. Someone Youngmin wanted to care deeply for. “Ani…. I didn`t feel pain at all. I landed on something soft” the brown haired boy answered playfully, giving Minwoo one of his bright smiles as he brushed away Minwoo`s bangs. “What was that” the puppy asked curiously, like a detective dog he was. The taller one kept his lips sealed and went closer and closer. Yes Minwoo could feel his breath now. There was only a small amount of space that separated their faces. “It was you” whispered the boy, tilting his head and kissed the boy softly. The touch of youngmin`s lips was soakening his dried one.  An electrifying sensation of feelings cribbled through the cold body. He felt the warmth, that passion he threw over at him, and he felt love for the first time in his life. All of this from that stranger that turned out to be a guardian angel, a knight and a hero.  Minwoo managed to touch the substance of the coat and upwards it trailed to the prince`s hair. It was fluffy. That was the first word that came to his mind, Fluffy. That kiss was further more special than all of youngmin`s expectations. To him was Minwoo the best thing that happened to him. It just felt so naturally, so right. And just in time as well. The clock was reached midnight as they kissed, and the families went out from their houses so they could watch the fireworks above.  Both of them continued and admired the sight of the sparkling colors in the sky. The fragile poor boy brought up his matches. Finally he could use them for something useful. “Let`s make a wish” His high pitched voice said cutely, and stared excitedly at his angel. He scratched the match across the brick and the fire of it lighted up, warming the hands of his, and making it easier for them to see each other. “ What do you wish?” minwoo asked again. Youngmin thought for a little, and again that smile of his approached. “No need …. I already got you” the brown haired romantically said and blew out the match.  “happy new year Minwoo”

 

  

 

The two of them celebrated the last night of the old year together. Youngmin had never felt so happy that he was now. Minwoo went never back to his father and stayed with Youngmin and his family, and the two of them started a new year together. It was funny how the two of them fell in love with each other. That Youngmin found the little match boy.