New Classic

New Classic

 

 “It's become so hard
For me to be surprised
You're bringing back the real me
No judgment in your eyes

Cause when I dance with you
It's how I speak the truth
Just classic when we met
Now you make me new”

 

Lee Taemin.

 

The famous magnae of SHINee, also known as the dance machine. He was the epitome of cute, y, adorable, innocent and devilish all rolled into one. He had the looks. He had the moves. He had fame, money and power.

 

Taemin was used to having girls throwing themselves at him. He was used to having older girls trying to act cute and he was definitely used to seeing how girls go all out just so they can please him or make him happy. Lee Taemin was SM Entertainment bred. He knew how to handle these situations – they weren’t anything new to him. He knew that with just a smile or a wave, he could have any of the girls do his bidding. He was also used to the fact that not everybody loved him or SHINee. He was used to judging eyes and getting bad comments if he ever forgot to wave or send a small grin towards his fans. He was pretty much hard to surprise after years of being in the industry. He had experienced it all and he had seen it all. Well, almost.

 

Taemin remembered how he first met Jin Ae. They were partners for a dance performance during SM Town and SHINee World Concert III. He still remembered how she looked aloof even after she was introduced to him. Not that he was conceited, he knew he was popular and his effects on women. However, Jin Ae looked way more interested in dancing than him, her partner. She was quiet and serious even during practices, silently observing the dance instructors and following diligently. She was a girl with few words most of the time, and her face – it was neither blank nor expressive However, her eyes were the dead giveaways of her feelings. He could tell if she was happy, nervous or frustrated just by looking at her eyes.

 

Taemin remembered how Jin Ae actually confronted him and told him he just needed to be himself – no pretense. She said she didn’t want him to go out of his ways and be nice to her just to keep his idol image. She also said she was perfectly fine if he was uninterested in her or if he acted indifferent towards her because she understood they were just working together. That really took Taemin aback. Well, for one thing, girls would throw fits if he ignored them.. and two, how could she see past that well-practiced and well-trained façade and attitude of his?

 

Sooner than later, Taemin did exactly what she told him to. If he didn’t smile because he didn’t feel like it, she would just shrug it off and told him, “Ah well.. everyone has that day where they don’t wanna smile..”

 

If he was upset and danced his frustrations off, she would silently turn up the volume and joined him on the dancefloor.

 

If he was happy and kept on smiling and chattering her ears off, she would just listen, smile and say, “Glad you’re happy..”

 

Lee Taemin felt like he was real again. He felt like himself, not the magnae of SHINee he had to become. After months of practicing and dancing together, he grew more comfortable with Jin Ae. She didn’t judge him unnecessarily. He became who he was assigned to be on screen and on stage, but when he was out with her – be it dancing, or practicing or strolling around or relaxing, he was the normal Lee Taemin. No pretense.

 

She was the essence of the exact things he knew but at the same time she was also the embodiment of the things he never knew of. She wasn’t what you call a breathtaking beauty, but she was pretty. She wasn’t the girl you’d go head over heels with at the first sight. She was simple, yet complicated. She was frustrating yet refreshing. To cut things short, Lee Taemin just didn’t know how to handle or what to expect from Jin Ae. Despite all these, he couldn’t help but fall for her.

 

Now, here’s a problem.

 

Taemin didn’t know how to express himself well. He wasn’t eloquent like Jonghyun was and he wasn’t at all that honest and brave like his Key hyung was. He also wasn’t really a romantic kind of guy like Minho was and he definitely didn’t have the sweet soothing voice to serenade her with like Jinki did.

 

Therefore, Taemin did what he knew best. Dance. He decided to confess without the help of his bandmates – because he wanted to show them he was a man now (so, he didn’t need help). However, Kibum (being the English lover himself) might have influenced the magnae when he forced the magnae to sit and watch an English movie with him. Of course, it was Korean subbed.. if not Taemin would’ve killed Kibum for making him watch things he didn’t really understand.

 

Scratch that.

 

Taemin almost strangled Kibum when he saw the title – Another Cinderella Story. It was a freaking chic movie. Kibum was lucky though because (1) the actress was cute, (2) there was this dance thing going on –and since Taemin was a dancer, he didn’t really complain –  and (3) the lyrics of the song that guy sang really piqued his interest and reminded him of a certain someone.

 

So, that was how Taemin got Jin Ae to be with him. He asked her out and she naturally agreed. He brought her to the restaurant they usually hung out in after their dance practice and they walked at the park – like what they always did whenever they needed a breather. He was practically doing things he always did with her on usual basis. Nothing new there. But then he suggested they go to the dance studio.

 

There, Taemin sat in front of the piano and played a song for her. It was the song he had always wanted to sing as a proposal song – Only One for Me. Jin Ae grinned and Taemin could see happiness in her eyes. He stood up, plugged his phone to the speakers and hit the play button. He walked towards her and stopped right in front of her. He stared at her, his hands reaching for hers as the music played. It was a romantic slow song, but with a slight upbeat tempo that they could dance to.

 

Taemin started moving as if the music spoke to him. She did the same. They were amazing dance partners. She trusted him. He led her well. Even when they were dancing to unpracticed moves, they were in sync because they knew music and they knew dance. At the end of the song, Taemin tilted his head and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips. He pulled back and stared into her eyes, imploring her to understand. She did. She chuckled softly and he smiled so brightly his eyes disappeared into crescents. Being dancers, they spent the night dancing together and indulging themselves with soft passionate kisses to convey their feelings.

 

So, that was how Lee Taemin and Jin Ae got together. Taemin smiled when he remembered the meaning of Jin Ae – truth, treasure and love. Living up to her name, Jin Ae told Taemin truths and brought out the real him. Taemin thought she was a treasure because she was different and in her, he also found love.

 

It was classic. Really. They met. She was everything he didn’t expect. He fell in love. To make things cornier, she loved him too, or rather in this case, she learned to love him. They became an item and………. happily ever after ensued.

 

Well...

 

Maybe.

 

Hopefully.

 

Hell.. Who knows? He’s famous but she’s not.. Let’s just see, shall we?

 

 

 

A/N : this was posted before - in my LJ account..

P/S : Leave a comment - or two - because I wanna know what you guys think.. ^^