Tales of the Two Brothers

Tales of the Two Brothers

 

"Anna-ssi!!!"

Anna is running under the rain. Her eyes are swollen. Running and running. She doesn't even know where did she got the strength to run this fast.

She finally stopped at a house that she used to visit often. Rain is still pouring so her tears. She was about to press the doorbell but a hand stopped her.

 

"Don't do it.."

Anna looked at the owner of the hand. "Get out of my way. I need to talk to him." Anna insists.

"He's engaged." The words echoed on Anna's head and she fell on her knees.

"My father asked him to marry the heiress of the company so that it would be easier for them to do business with her family." Anna can't stop her tears.

"Let me take you home now. There's no point of staying here anymore."

"Changmin-ah, can you tell me again what happened?" Anna said.

"Noona..." "Say it... Once more..."

"He's engaged. He's getting married soon. Now get up and let's go." Changmin said. He's the one who stopped Anna.

 

Changmin dropped Anna on her apartment. Anna seems like lost and lifeless. Pale as white and her eyes are swollen. Changmin decided to stay with Anna first before going home. He stayed at Anna's apartment. When Anna's finally sound asleep and her fever is gone, Changmin picked up his things and ready to go when Anna grabbed his wrist.

"Don't leave me." Anna said and looked at Changmin with her pair of swollen eyes.

Changmin stooped and dropped his things. He held Anna's hand. "I want to do that too noona. Let me cover the things my brother did to you." Changmin added.

 

After that day, Anna and Changmin went well together. They treated each other as brother and sister. Joking, playing and laughing together. Since Changmin is still studying, he only have the chance to hang out with Anna every weekends but he makes sure to drop by her apartment before going home.

 

"noona, wait for me ok? I have something for you." Changmin phoned Anna.

"Ok, I'll wait for you then. Take care while driving ok? Bye~" Anna said and hang up. "What is he up to?" Anna said while she looked at her phone.

After 15 minutes, Anna heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" she said with a smile on her face.

"what are you g-" Anna's face fell the moment she opened the door. She stared at the person in front of her. "What are you doing here?" Anna asked trying to keep her anger away.

"Can we have a minute?" The person asked. "I wanted to sort things out.." the person added.

"No. I don't have time and you don't need to sort some things out. I fully understand what's happening." Anna replied with pride on her voice.

"He told you right?" Anna couldn't reply. "My ing brother told you everything.. Am I right?" That's it! Seems like the person pressed the right button and Anna can't take it anymore.

"YES! Your ing brother told me everything! At least he stayed with me when I needed someone. Whenever you're not round, whenever you're busy doing business trips and meetings, your ing brother keeps me accompanied and he's always telling me "Noona, please don't get mad at hyung. He's just busy these days. Ok?" then he would do crazy things just to make me smile. Yunho, don't you know that it's hard for me to accept that? I'm hanging out with your brother instead of you!" Anna's tears wouldn't stop from pouring.

Yunho couldn't speak for a second due to the sudden outburst of Anna.

"Yunho, you could have told me before. I wouldn't mind it. But from the last time we met, I felt like you're hiding to me. I felt like... you don't love me at all.." Anna's voice is fading.

"NO! I wasn't hiding. As I told you, I'm sorting things. I'm making plans." Yunho interjected.

Anna gave him a quizzical look. "Anna.. I dropped the engagement." Anna is processing the words she just heard.

 "I'm not getting married unless you're the girl I'm marrying to. Look, the reason why I sent Changmin to accompany you is because I'm fulfilling whatever my father asks me to do. I didn't want to drop everything without doing anything." Yunho explained and with that, Anna's tears stopped.

"Anna, I still love you." Anna covered her opened mouth. Yunho pulled out a small box and opened it "Anna, will you marry me?" Yunho knelt right in front of Anna from the moment he opened the small box.

"Yunho-ya..." Seems like Anna lost her voice. "Anna please... You're the only one..." Yunho is still kneeling.

"Yunho I.. I just can't believe this... I... YES!" Anna said and Yunho gave her a bright, wide smile. Brighter than the stars witnessing his proposal. The ring fits perfectly on Anna's finger. "Thank you Anna." Yunho said and hugged her so tight. "Thank you too." Anna hugged him back.

 

Neither these two knows, Changmin is watching them from afar. He's holding a cake and a flower because in any minutes now, Anna will age. But from what he saw, seems like Anna already received the best birthday gift she could have with the man whom she really loves.

 

"Noona, I'm sorry if I didn't make it last night." Changmin said.

"You could have called me. I was so worried about you." Anna pouts while sipping her latte macchiato.

"Can we meet today? I have something to tell you." Anna asked.

It took 30 seconds before Changmin could respond. "Where are you noona? I have something to tell you too." Changmin finally found the words to reply.

"I'm at the coffee shop near my apartment." Anna replied. "Ok. I'll go there now. Bye~" Changmin replied and hang up.

 

"Changmin-ah~" Anna waved the moment Changmin entered the coffee shop. Changmin walked towards Anna. Anna is wearing her priceless smile. Seems like she's in a good mood.

"Changmin-ah, I'm getting married to your brother!" Anna squealed.

Changmin just smiled. "Heard about it. Congratulations noona." He added.

"Changmin-ah, aren't you happy for noona?" Anna asked with a worry on her face.

Changmin sighed. "I was just shocked noona." He lied.

"Eh~ Liar! Come on, tell me what's bothering you. Did he scolded you for telling me about his broken engagement before?" Anna insists.

"Noona, my father..." Changmin's voice is shaky. Anna is worried now. "He let me marry the girl that's supposed to be my sister-in-law." Changmin said it out. Anna wants to laugh but she stopped herself.

"awww~ come here little brother." Anna taps Changmin's back trying to comfort him. "It's ok. Life is always like this. But you could do the same thing as what your brother did." Anna added.

"No. I'm not like him. My father would kill me if I'm going to do what my hyung did. He's about to have a heart attack when hyung told him that he dropped the engagement with the girl." Changmin explained. And for that moment, Anna finally laughed at the situation.

 

The marriage between Anna and Yunho didn't spread like a wild fire. There are only few guests who attended the ceremony and there are no media involved. Yunho's father finally forgave him and promised his father to give their company a stable future. On the other hand, Changmin is still having trouble in locating the girl he's supposed to marry. Changmin is in Paris right now, trying to locate the girl he's supposed to marry.

"Aish! This woman! Where is she?! Her father told me that she's here but it looks like she's not here!" Changmin complained. Changmin looked around the place and a girl with a long coffee-brown curled hair. She's wearing a fuchsia chiffon dress paired with Christian Louboutin prive paillette platforms.

"Where is he? I'm already here." The girl is talking to someone on her phone.

"What does he looks like? Send me a photo of him. I'll hang up now." She ordered and hangs up. She keeps on looking around. "How am I going to look for this man whom I only know by name?" She asked herself.

Changmin didn't move an inch from the moment she saw her. It feels like he saw a Greek goddess right in front of him. Changmin shook his head and came back to reality. "Aish! If she's not coming in any minute now, I'll marry this girl!" Changmin said talking about the Greek goddess he saw.

The girl keeps on walking and she's on her phone again. "What's his name again? Changmin? Paris is a big place! I cannot find him within a week!" she scolded the person whom she's talking to.

Changmin's search ended. "That's it. I will go now. I'll just look for her tomorrow." Changmin waited for a cab and since its rush hour, it was quite difficult to catch a cab at this time. Thankfully, a cab stopped and when he's about to open the door, another hand opened the door too. Changmin looked at the owner of the hand, it's the Greek goddess.

"Sorry. I'm in a hurry. Can you please give this to me first?" The Greek goddess said and Changmin was about to go crazy because of her but her phone rang again.

"What? I told you to give me a picture of that Changmin guy. For how many times should I tell you that Paris is a big city? How am I supposed to look for him without knowing what he looks like? Look, I still have some other things to do. Just send me his photo first and I'll call you again." She hangs up and looked at Changmin again who's smirking.

"What? Look, you just hear that I'm in a hur-"

"Seohyun-ssi?" Changmin said. The Greek goddess looked at Changmin with a quizzical look.

"Yes? Have we met before? If you have some important issues with me please call my secretary. I need to go somewhere now." Seohyun said and rode the cab but before the cab would go..

"Very please to meet you Seohyun-ssi. I'm Changmin from the Global Air Company." Changmin said with a pride on his voice.

 

-END-