Chapter 2 The Busan Monster

My fake husband the Busan Monster

 

(Dae Hyun's POV)
 
I am annoyed.
 
This stupid girl is annoying. I hope she'd leave me alone... can't she get a hint? I am trying to work here. I just don't get why she is still here.
"oppa~~~" she said in a whinny voice. "lets go eat!"
"I told you not to call me that, I despise that word" Truth be told I despise it when it comes from girls like her, it sounded so fake and disgusting.
"You are so mean!" She went on and pouted like a brat.
"I have work to do" I cut her gibberish.
"But I-"
"Please leave miss So Ran, I can't be bothered at this moment" I said coldly. Yeah, so I'm an ice prince, judge if you want, I call it survival skills. Now back to the pest.
"Fine, but I expect to see you at the party my daddy's throwing for the new deal" she winked at me. Sh*t, I have to go to that.
"Bye bye my darling!" she batted her eyelashes and left.
I let out a heavy sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose. I looked at my watch, it was actually lunch time... I guess I should eat, I did skip breakfast after all. But of course my phone would go off the moment I decide to relax. I was annoyed again, but I instantly softened when I saw the caller ID.
"Neh Jin Ae?" I answered pretending I was displeased with her call.
"Yah! Daehyun Oppa! Don't be mean!" She complained. Opposite to So Ran, I didn't mind it when she called me by that name.
"Sorry, just joking. What is it?"
"Let's eat together"
Suspicious.
"Why? Are you going to try and ask me to do something illegal again? I do not associate with delinquents" I .
"Jung Dae Hyun I will go to your office right now and pull you out by the ear!"
"Yah Yah! Is that how you talk to your older cousin!"
"you started! I will tell on you to almeomi if you don't come down to lunch with me right NOW!" she emphasized the last word and hanged up.
I have no choice but to go, almeoni is really scary when she's mad. I'll have to go and see what my crazy cousin wants from me.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"I refuse!" I objected "No way in heaven, earth or he-"
"language"
"No Jin Ae. You are my cousin and I love you, but I refuse to do this"
"But-"
"No"
"please"
"I said no"
"she has NOWHERE to go Daehyun"
"Still! You expect me to house a stranger in my home. For a month. Just like that." I was not ok with this situation in the least.
"Oppa! She's the one that helped me back when I studied abroad! I have to help her now!" she urged me.
"I get that, but why does this 'appreciation' plan involve me!?" Seriously now.
"You know I can't, my house is not ready yet, please, I am begging you."
"But I-"
"Oppa, please" she made puppy eyes. Damn it, she knows I'm weak against her cuteness. I thought about it... I really don't need someone living with me, much less a woman, a foreign woman at that, will she even be able to understand me? Then again, she did help my most precious cousin, so I should... ugh.... I should help her. And it's not like Jin Ae will give me a choice anyways... She'll follow me to the end of the universe until I agree.
"...Fine" I uttered defeated.
"Really? Oppa you are the best! Ever!" she yelled, forgetting we are in public.
"I have conditions however!" I cut her before she got too excited.
"Sure, just tell her, wait while I get her."
"You mean she's here? As in, HERE?" I asked in disbelief
"No silly, she's at the hotel next door" she said and left running before I could say anything.
"What did I get myself into?" I muttered. 
 
{Jin Ae's POV}
 
Convincing my cousin was the hardest part... I think. Now for the other stubborn mule. Truth be told I haven't really explained to her what is going on. Understand me, I can't possibly set her with anyone else, even if he is an ice prince to most people, I trust him more than anyone else in my family.
I have now reached the cave of the other beast. Ok Jin Ae, you can do this!
2 minutes later
"I refuse!" 
Not again. I face palmed myself.
"You have no other choice! Please, he's a good person, I promise he won't do anything." 
"I am not saying he will, but I can't possibly live with a strange man in his house, that's insane!"
"It's just one month Claire, one month" she wanted to speak but I won't let her "it's also very close to your job, you can look for houses in the area."
That stopped her for a moment. Good.
"ALSO, it's near KU, you won't have to worry about running to classes"
She thought for a second. I can totally read her mind, it says 'I don't want to, but I have to, I hate this, damn it!'. 
".... Fine" she muttered. These two are so much alike sometimes.
"Yay! It's going to work out great, you'll see!"
"Wait! I have conditions!" Oh my God, conditions conditions conditions.
"Fine fine, just discuss it with Dae Hyun, lets go!"
"You mean now? NOW?"
"You want me to write you a memo? Come on!" I pushed out the door.
"This is not going to end well" she said under her breath.
Hopefully she's wrong, I already have enough in my plate to be worrying about these two idiots.
 
 
{3rd person POV}
 
Claire and Jin Ae came back inside the restaurant. Dae Hyun was nervous. Claire was nervous. Jin Ae was freaking out. No one would have been able to tell from the outside though. Both girls walked, pretending to be causal, and reached the table were Dae Hyun was back into being an ice prince [Jin Ae mentally rolled her eyes].
"Dae Hyun Oppa, meet Claire. Claire this is Dae Hyun Oppa" Jin Ae introduced them.
"Nice to meet you miss Claire" he said standing up and bowing
"Nice to meet you as well Dae Hyun shi" she also bowed. He was impressed by her almost unaccented Korean.
There was an awkward silence while Claire and DaeHyun studied one another.
"SO!" Jin Ae cut the tension "why don't you both talk about the living arrangements"
"Very well" They both said at the same time. 
"Talk" Claire said getting right down to business "you must have conditions I'm sure."
"Yes I do"
"Good, because so do I"
DaeHyun thought for a second 'who said she gets to say what goes on in MY house' he thought.
"Anyways start please"
He nodded.
"First: I don't want men in my house. Go meet them somewhere else."
"Fair" she said, 'I have no intention of meeting anyone for now' she thought.
"Second: Don't inquire about my personal matters, they are private for a reason."
"Not my business anyways"
"Third: You can't just free load. I know you don't have money, so help do chores"
"Fine." 'that's it? This is going to be easier than I thought'
"Also I want to make it clear. I don't want my house altered. Don't touch things, don't 'explore' like girls like to do, no pets either"
She just nodded, starting to get slightly ticked off at his unending rules.
"One thing too. I get to add rules as situations come."
"Depends on if they are reasonable"
"It's my house"
"I haven't said otherwise."
"Anyways. Finally: Be careful, I don't want the neighbors to get ideas and start talking. I hate dealing with them."
"Oppa!" Jin Ae exclaimed, he was making it look like hosting Claire was an embarrassment.
"Stay out of it Jin Ae" he said shooting her a glare. 
"I don't care, I'll be discreet" Claire responded. The first part was a lie though. She was bothered, but she would have to comply.
"Now tell me your conditions, but I warn you I can either accept or decline them."
"Very well. First: Bring whoever you want home, I really don't care what you do since it's your house. BUT, if you plan on this meeting to become intimate or want privacy for whatever reason let me know in advance. I don't want to interrupt or deal with it to be honest" Claire had gone through one too many 'interruptions'.
"Seems fair. I don't want to deal with it either"
"Second: Mine is same as yours. My private matters are my own."
"Not interested in them" DaeHyun retorted with slight disdain
"Had to be said." She said brushing off his attempt at being rude "Third: I will do chores but I am not your maid, it is not my main job and you are responsible for the things I don't have time to do"
"I don't do chores"
"Well that is not my problem."
'Crap, their tempers are scary. I think the unstoppable force has met the unmovable object' Jin Ae thought in panic. "O-Oppa, ahjuma will be there to help anyways, you can't possibly expect Claire to do everything. She DOES have to study and get ready for her job."
"whatever then" he leaned back on his seat and huffed. Claire turned to Jin Ae.
"Ahjuma?"
"Neh!" she nodded "she used to be our nanny back when we were kids and works as DaeHyun's housekeeper now"
"I see" She simply responded "I will help her then. But back to my conditions. where was I? Yes, fourth: Do not mess with my daily come and goes. I know it sounds unimportant but I need to make it clear."
"Fine"
"I also get to add conditions if the situation needs one"
"And like I said I can either accept or decline" he said coldly
"That is all then" she said ending the conversation.
"Ok you two, good work!" Jin Ae told them, but they kept on staring at each other in dislike. She sighed 'I am starting to think this was a bad idea after all'.