Him

Please Be My Flower

 

It has been a while since I saw him.Yeah,HIM.The love of my life.I loved him so much back then.Now? I don't know.

I've been crying a lot after that confession.It took me a lot of courage to confess to him that I love him .The day when he first talked to me came in a flash.

 

"Hi." Someone greeted me.I looked at him.He's smiling with his lustrous teeth.  "Oh,hi." We were in the same group for an assignment last week,but I never really talked to him.I was taking some pictures at the park.He just sat on the bench watching me with my passionate hobby.

"Aren't you bored?"I asked him."Nope,it's fun watching you." he replied with a smile.I blinked.*What did he said?It sounds cheesy though..*

"What?" he furrowed his eyebrows as I stared at him."Nothing.Don't you have anything to do?"

He shook his head."No.Will you join me for some coffee?I'm pretty lonely right now,my friends are all busy." I looked at my silver flower-shaped watch.

*There's still much more time before the lecture starts.Drinking coffee with an acquaintance won't kill.*

I turned to look at him."No problem.I'm free right now." He got up and leads the way. "Thanks,Minhee-ah.Let's go.There's a coffee shop nearby." He seems so delighted.I just smiled."Uhm..what's your name again?" I asked him following him from behind.            "Kwon Jiyong.Just call me G.D."

 

I smiled while reminiscing the moment.The tears had stopped.I took a tissue and wiped it before preparing to go to the university.

"Hi,Minhee." Youngmi greeted me.I greeted her back."Are you okay?Your eyes are red.Were you crying?" she asked anxiously.

 "No,I had dust in my eyes just now.I'm okay." I denied."Okay then." she left and went to her friends.

I took a seat near Danbi,my bestfriend. "Hi,Minhee." she greeted with a warm smile.       "Hi ,sweet rain~" I and sat down. She frowned. "Stop calling me that."

 I smirked and pinched her cheeks. "But it's the meaning of your name anyway~"  She rolled her eyes.  "I'm letting you go this time because my boyfriend gave me flowers this morning~" she giggled.

I chuckled.  "Dongjun gave you flowers?Aww~so sweet for a boyfriend." She ignored me as her cheeks turned into shades of red.

*How I wish G.D will make me his girlfriend and gave me flowers too..But that..will never happen.* I sighed.

The lecturer came in and the class started.

xxx

I walked home feeling very exhausted.After taking a shower,I the tv.I went to the kitchen to get some snacks.My parents will only return home in the midnight.Just thinking about it made me feel lonely.

I frowned to see the fridge empty. "Ugh..Why didn't eomma buy the grocery when she went out yesterday?Now I don't have anything to eat." I sighed and decided to do the grocery shopping myself.

After changing my pyjamas into a long-sleeves green shirt with black jeans,I went out to get some tteokbokki.My eyes widen as I stepped out of the house.There's a guy outside my house walking back and forth .That  guy is someone I  knew very well.

"What are you doing here,G.D ?" He was shocked to see me there.

"I-I want to meet you.Let's talk for a while." I nodded and lead him to the bench outside the house.

"Let's just talk here." I sat on the bench with mixed feelings.I didn't even look at him.I am happy because I get to see him,but I also feel heartbroken after he rejected me that day.It all happened very fast.

 

We met at the park that evening.I asked him to come because I have something important to tell him.

He arrived earlier and was staring at the sky when I appeared.

"Sorry,I'm late." I panted for breath.He stood up and smiled."It's nothing."  Oh,how happy I am to see his lustrous smile.

"So,what  is so important that you asked me to meet you here?"he started.I was reluctant for a while but I will say it before I regretted it and blaming myself if I didn't.

"I-I.." I stuttered.He was waiting patiently ."What is it,Minhee-ah?" he gave me a warm smile.

"Can I be your girlfriend?." I confessed.His eyes widen in shock.I can see him not expecting this.

He paused for a while. "Sorry,but I can't make you my girlfriend."  My heart broke into million pieces when I heard that.My tears started flowing down my cheeks.

"Oh,I see..Sorry if I bother you,I better go now." I left before running away as fast as I could.I can hear him calling for me but I ignored him.The throbbing pain in my heart supersedes him.

 

I've tried to avoid him in the university all this while and I 've succeed.But now,he's right here infront of me.

"So..where did you get my address?" I stared at the sky.Stars are shining prettily.

"I asked Danbi.Minhee-ah,about that day.."he started.I interrupted and said "Just forget about it,I'm over it now." I lied.

He looked at me."I just want to ask you something." I blinked in curiosity."What?"

"Will you..be my girlfriend?"  My eyes widen. *Did he just ask me to be his..girlfriend?*

"But you rejected me! Why are you doing this?!" I yelled at him and stood up.

"You left right away before I can say more!  I didn't even get to run after you because my sick grandma was asking for me!" he snapped.He seems frustated.

"But why did you reject me then?Am I a doll?!" I was furious.

"I just wanna tease you .You confessed before me,I felt very ashamed.I should have confess to you before you did.But you left right away and didn't hear I said that I'm only kidding." He explained and stared at me.

I stayed silent.He remembered something and went outside the gate.When he returned,I can see him hiding something behind him.

" You 've always liked flowers,even your watch is shaped like a flower. So..will you be my flower?" he smiled and took the flowers from behind him.

 

I can see nothing but him.Then I took the bouquet of flowers from his hands. "Just don't let me wither." I sniffed the flowers happily.

"I  promise I will not." G.D smiled with content.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Thank you for reading!^^