005. God Save Us

Walking Dead [Exo Edition]

 

Kris has been driving for an hour. The road is empty and stretches for miles and he doesn’t know how much farther the few gallons of gas he has left will take him. He reaches for the small radio.

“This is Officer Kris Wu. I’m on my way to Seoul. If anyone is out there, please respond. I repeat, if anyone is out there, please respond.” Kris listens for any reply and all he hears is static. Kris sighs and begins to wonder whether it’s any use to even ask for survivors.

A few more hours pass and Kris loses track of time. The needle on the gas slowly edges towards the E and the car begins to slow down. Kris looks at his surrounding and sees a ranch. A rusty truck is parked out in front and the house looks perfectly normal from outside. His uses the last of his gas and pull up in front of it. Getting out of his car, he sighs.

“Damn car,” he mutters. “Hello? Anyone home?” Kris calls out as he heads to the front porch. “Can I siphon some gas?” he calls out, hoping for an answer. He peeks in and can’t see anything through the cloudy window on the front door. Kris knocks. No answer.

“Hello?” Kris looks through another window and doesn’t see anything out of the ordinary. He goes back to the front door and reaches for the doorknob. To his surprise, it opens easily. Kris feels his heart beat a little faster. He tries to keep his footsteps slow and silent with the aid of the carpet. At the end of the narrow hallway, Kris sees a broken doorway, the door completely combusted.

Inside is a family. Their bodies are unanimated, too decayed, and too rotten to come back. Flies hover around their remains and Kris gags. On the wall, written in blood, is a message. God Save Us.

Kris barges out of the house, heaving. He is unsure if the tears welling in his eyes are from grief or from the foul smell of death.

Kris walks and sees a small stable with one lone horse standing. He approaches it slowly. The horse is spooked and whinnies, backing away.

“It’s okay, girl. I’m not one of those things. I’m not going to hurt you.” Kris coos and holds out his hand as he approaches the horse slowly. The horse settles and Kris pets her and coos comforting words. A saddle is already placed on the horse’s back and Kris climbs on. “Let’s go find somewhere safe to stay, ok? That’s a good girl.” He nudges the horse forward with his heel and the horse begins to trot towards the city.

An hour ride takes Kris to the outskirts of the city. The highway is oddly empty. Kris fails to notice that all the cars are all stopped on the other side of the divider, headed out of the city.

MEANWHILE

“This is Officer Kris Wu. I’m on my way to Seoul. If anyone is out there, please respond. I repeat, if anyone is out there, please respond.”

Kristal bolts up at the sound of the voice of a man on the radio. She rushes out of her chair and grabs the speaker.

“Hello? Hello?! You there?” She listens for a reply. Static.

“If you can hear me, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT go into the city! I’m with a group of survivors near a reservoir outside the city.” She listens again. More static. “Damn, it must not have gone through,” she mutters to herself.

“Krystal? Are you okay?” A man approaches her. He’s got squinty eyes, round cheeks, messed hair, and a pair of binoculars around his neck.

“Minseok, there’s a man going into the city. He doesn’t know! We have to warn him!” Krystal cries frantically.

‘Krystal, you know we can’t do that. I told your sister that I’d protect you,” Minseok says, putting a hand on her shoulder.

“But—“

“Your sister and the others went into the city to see if she could find anything for us, for you, to keep you alive. We want you to still be here when she gets back,” he says as gently as possible.

“I…I know. Do you think they’ll make it back?” Krystal asks quietly. Minseok sighs.

“I hope so.”

“Me too.”


YAY I FINISHED ANOTHER CHAPTER. sorry this one's kinda short and boring but hey i introduced some new characters :D kk tell me what you think!in the show and in the comic book, we never really see the dad and his son (Minho and Yoogeun) ever really after that point but yeah................ i swear i don't have anything against kyuhyun! i chose an idol at randow i swear!