Intoxicated

Intoxicated

 

Let’s just stop this…

I’m sorry, oppa…

Goodbye…

 

 

The words still echoed in his ears as he took another swig of alcohol.

Her angelic voice… once a sweet melody that he always yearned to hear…

Now, a voice that haunted his dreams…

Her sweet voice… once a perfect harmony that made his world continue to turn…

Now, a voice that stopped his heart from beating…

Oh, how good it felt when she said she loves him…

But it hurt when she couldn’t fight for what she claimed.

She was his whole world… the most important person in his life…

But it hurt even more when she didn’t share the same thought.

Leeteuk drank the last mouthful of beer, the bitter liquid burning his throat.

He was getting dizzy, and his head started to hurt…

But he couldn’t care less. It was nothing compared to the paralyzing pain that her words left.

Intoxication … but’s it’s all he could do.

Being intoxicated helped him get out of his misery, as the memories come rushing in like tidal waves.

Intoxication chained him in a reverie, where he and Sunye still exist…

And when he closed his eyes, it’s her smile he sees… it’s her voice he hears… and it’s her touch that he still longs to feel…

But there was a downside to it.

At the end of the day, the scars still remain as fresh as yesterday.

He still remembers all the heartbreaking words…

And it still hurts.

So, he asked for another bottle of beer.

“Are you sure you could take another, sir?” the bartender asked.

Leeteuk slammed his fist on the counter. “Just get me the damn bottle!!”

The bartender flinched at the sudden outburst and proceeded to give him the alcohol. He looked in pity as the guy before him drank the beer readily.

It didn’t take a genius to know that he’s overly depressed about something.

He shook his head again in pity.

Leeteuk didn’t notice him staring. He didn’t even notice the people staring at him curiously.

He didn’t care.

He was too lost in his misery to even notice his friends making their way to him.

He took another mouthful of the bitter liquid, before someone took the bottle from him.

“YAH!”

“Stop this bull, Leeteuk. You’re going home,” Heechul said as he grabbed Leeteuk’s shirt, forcefully pulling him out of his seat.

“Let go of me!” Leeteuk shouted, trying to escape Heechul’s firm grasp.

Donghae took out some won and placed it on the counter, while Eunhyuk bowed in apology at the people present.

Leeteuk continued to shout as Heechul continued to drag him towards the exit.

The alcohol in his system made him weaker, though.

Try as he might, he couldn’t shrug him off.

“I said let go! DAMN IT!” he shouted in frustration.

Heechul let go of him the moment they got out of the pub.

Leeteuk stumbled from the sudden release and fell to the ground. “What the hell’s wrong with you?!” he yelled yet again.

“ME?? What the hell’s wrong with YOU?!” the other boy shot back, grabbing his shirt and pushing him against an alley wall. “You’re pathetic!! Getting drunk and wasting your life because of some girl!”

The tension rose in the air as the words slipped from Heechul’s lips.

Leeteuk stared at him, tears quickly gathering at the back of his eyes. Truth hurts.

“Yeah… I am pathetic…” he murmured, his words shaky and slurred. “I’m a fool for believing that alcohol would make me forget everything…”

“Teuk…” Heechul let go of his shirt as he watched the tears fall down from Leeteuk’s eyes.

“It was a lame attempt… because I know I’ll never be able to forget her.”

“Hyung,” Donghae called out. “You’ll be better off without her…”

Leeteuk shook his head dejectedly. “How can I? … When she filled the best part of me…”

“She hurt you, hyung!” Eunhyuk spoke up.

“…”

“It’s time to move on…”

“…”

Leeteuk looked away as the pain started to consume him yet again. Everything around him was blocked by the heartbreaking memory replaying in his head.

The broken smile…

The cold attitude…

The painful words…

It all hurts.

But still, he clings to it… the last memory he has of her.

He can’t move on.

Because moving on was like draining the once-filled emptiness and desolation in his dejected life.

He can’t let go of her.

Because she was the oxygen keeping the fire ignited in him.

Without her, the fire would die down.

Without her, he would be lost.

She fixed his broken soul… only to break it again.

But despite that… he loves her still.

She already occupied too much space in his heart.

He can’t be better off without her…

…not until he forgets her.

…not until his heart is healed again.

“Forget her, hyung,” Donghae’s voice cut through the forlorn silence. “Move on…”

“You’ll find someone better…”

Leeteuk continued to cry silently as the three guys whispered encouraging words. It was comforting… but it wasn’t enough to heal the ache inside him.

“She said she loves me…”

“I’m sure she did… but you have to accept the fact that she might not love you anymore…”

“That’s not true…”

“She left you…”

“She’ll take me back…”

“Hyung…”

“I’ll go to her…”

“Teukie-ah…”

“I’ll tell her I love her! I can change her mind!”

“You’ll only hurt yourself!” Eunhyuk grabbed Leeteuk’s arm, but Leeteuk was quick even in his drunken state.

Leeteuk started running away, determined to reach Sunye. “She’ll take me back…” he murmured to himself.

“Hyung!!”

“Sunye still loves me, I know it!”

“Hyung!!”

“HYUNG!!”

“LOOK OUT!”

Leeteuk turned his head, the headlights of a speeding car focused on him like a spotlight.

He froze the spot, caught in the moment.

 

 

Let’s just stop this…

I’m sorry, oppa…

Goodbye…

 

 

“Sunye…”

“HYUNG!”

Donghae managed to tackle him to the ground.

“Leeteuk-ah!” Heechul knelt down, followed by Eunhyuk.

Leeteuk didn’t move. He lied there at the side of the road… lifeless, as he stared at the dark skies above. Tears still fell silently from his eyes.

“If she sees that I’m hurting this much, she’ll take me back… I know she would…” he murmured through the pain and the endless tears.

The guys stared helplessly at him, unable to do anything.

“She’ll take me back,” Leeteuk whispered yet again, a frail reassurance to himself. Then, he closed his eyes, the exhaustion and the alcohol finally taking effect.

 

~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N:

So... how was it? was it any good? or was it crappy? haha... tell me what you think!

COMMENT, COMMENT! ^^