Unexpected

Ironic Birthday

You woke up the next morning and switched on your phone. There were 200 messages unread and they are all birthday wishes from all your friends. You laid back on your bed and replied those messages one by one.

By the time you're done, it's already afternoon and you received a text message from your boyfriend. He reminded you about the date both of you had and asked you not to be late. You replied and went to get ready.

When you're preparing, your mother and father came into your room singing "Happy Birthday". Your eyes widened as you were really shocked by the sudden surprise. Both of them hugged you and handed you two boxes. One pink and another red. 

"Open them up, girl!" Mum shouted with excitement. You nodded and saw a pretty designer's dress that you had always wanted in the red box while another diamond necklace in the pink box. You hugged them tightly and thanked them but the time is already 6:45pm. 

"Hmm, thanks daddy mummy but I got something on at 7pm. Will catch up with you guys later alright?!" You explained. They smile and nodded then leave your room. You dried your hair and put on some make up then dashed out of the house. 

You flagged for a taxi and get on while the driver send you to the restaurant. While you're on your way there, L.Joe was already at the restaurant. He was preparing as he placed all the things he've made on the table.

Unfortunately, Sulli walked into the restaurant. Sulli is a girl in your school same age as you but in a different class. She had a great crush on L.Joe. The moment she saw L.Joe, she went over to say hi then sat down beside him. 

"Waiting for your girlfriend?" Sulli asked.

"Yeah, it's her birthday today." L.Joe replied.

"Ohhhhhh, then I shall wait for her with you so you won't be bored and I can wish her later too. Right?" Sulli explained.

"Sure. That would be great." L.Joe continued.

Soon, you were outside the restaurant. It was the restaurant that you both had your first date at. So, you're really familiar with this place. 

While you're walking in, you saw L.Joe happily chatting with Sulli. You simply dislike her because she ain't anyone great. *So L.Joe invited her over too?* You were really disappointed. 

Sulli saw you and she purposely leaned towards L.Joe. It seemed like as if they were kissing as L.Joe's back was facing you. After witnessing that, you felt so upset. You turned and left. 

You were walking aimlessly on the streets. Then, it started raining. You can hear your phone ringing. It was the ringtone that you assigned for L.Joe. He was spamming calls. You felt upset, devasted and rejected. You rejected all his calls as you were feeling really confused. 

Sulli left as soon as she saw you walking away. L.Joe waited till the shop closed. He brought all the gifts back to his car and drove home dejected. 

Half-way, L.Joe saw a familiar figure strolling slowly in the rain. That was you. He stopped his car and rushed over to you. As soon as he's near you, he embraced you. You pushed him away and shouted at him. Tears gradually fell onto your cheeks, along with the rain. 

L.Joe didnt understand, asked you what was wrong as he grabbed your wrist. You raised your voice at him while explaining what you saw just now at the restaurant. 

"YOU KNOW HER FEELINGS TOWARD YOU RIGHT?! WHY DID YOU INVITE HER WHEN YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE TO SEE HER?! TO SHOW ME YOU CHOOSED HER INSTEAD OF ME?!" you continued. 

L.joe hugged you tightly and whispered what had actually happened between him and Sulli. You wanted to struggled but L.Joe was too strong for you to even struggle. 

You looked at him in confusion as you slowly absorbed the information. Then, L.Joe gave you a seductive smirk and pulled you into a sweet, long and hot kiss and you guys continued the birthday date..DRENCHED!