Life 65 - The Ex-Half Spirit

SECOND LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Y-you.. Why you-“, L looked surprised with the man in front of him.

 

You gasped as well, not expecting to meet him at a situation like this.

 

“H-himchan hyung?!”, L gasped.

 

“Huh? Why did you bring me here?”, a voice could be heard from behind HImchan.

 

Your eyes widened even more, “KYUHYUN-SSI?!”

 

Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows, “Who?”

 

Himchan stormed inside the house and gripped on Yongguk’s hand, “What is happening?! Why are you mad, hyung? Please don’t hurt Myungsoo.”

 

Yongguk blinked and finally released his hand from L. He glared, “Just what the hell are you doing in here?! Since when you can come oh so freely to my house?!”

 

L coughed hard and Himchan patted his back. “Well.. Mianhaeyo hyung, but I want to meet Jae..”, Himchan bowed his head lightly.

 

You gulped, “S-sorry oppa.. I don’t know that you will come.. I’m sorry for this situation..”, you bowed at him then stared at Kyuhyun, “And sorry to you too..”

 

He just slightly smiled and bowed back. Himchan gave you his smile too, “It’s okay, Jae.. It’s not really a wrong time for me to come though.. I think I know what’s going on in here..”

 

L stood up straight after he regained back his breath, “Phew~ That was close.”

 

Himchan pinched L’s ear, “Ya you! Why did you come to Jae’s house? No wonder Yongguk hyung is so mad right now.. And you are coming alone?! Why?”

 

L hit his hand away, “Aishh stop pinching me!”

 

Daehyun smirked, “How interesting~ So this guy also doesn’t know what’s really happening..”

 

L then cleared his throat, “Hyung.. I-“, he then met eyes with Kyuhyun, “Oh! Kyuhyun sunbae! Annyeonghaseyo!”, he bowed. Himchan crossed his arms, “Explain.”

 

L looked at Himchan back, “I will just explain to you later. But why you bring Kyuhyung sunbae to here?”

 

Himchan flicked his finger, “Ah right! This is what I want to tell Jae.. I just want to surprise her by bringing Kyuhyun hyung here..”, he looked at you, “You want to meet him so bad, right? So I brought him for you..”, Himchan’s face then blushed lightly,

“I’m doing this for you.. Even though I’m a bit sad to know that you have another idol that you’re admire beside me..”, he chuckled.

 

You turned panic immediately, because you don’t want your bias to think like that, “Omo! Aniyo oppa! I- err.. I’m just-“, you lost for words.

 

Kyuhyun finally stepped in to the house and frown, “Ya wait! I know that he is L from Infinite, but who are you, miss?”, he raised a brow at you.

 

You forced a smile and bowed at him, “Err.. My name is Bang Yoonjae..”

 

“Are you an ELF?”, Kyuhyun titled his head. You just bit your lips and don’t know how to react. Kyuhyun then remember something, “Ah!”, he pointed at Himchan, “Ya Kim Himchan! So it’s a lie when you told me that you want to treat me with a nice dinner because today is your birthday?!”

 

Himchan chuckled, “It’s not all a lie. I just want to ask you all to go dinner with together.. But trust me, hyung. I don’t know that we’re coming to this kind of situation..”

 

Yongguk grew annoyed, “What the hell?! Don’t ever step into my house like it’s your own house!”

 

Zelo suddenly appeared behind L, “Annyeong LG~~”, he looked around and gasped, “Eommaya! What’s going on here? Why there’s so many people in this house?”, he looked at you with big eyes.

 

You gave him a ‘i-also-don’t-know-either’ look to him. Daehyun then glared at Zelo, “Tch.. Don’t just come and ask. You will just make the situation worse..”

 

“Huh?”, Zelo became even more confuse and stared at Kyuhyun, “And who is that guy?”

 

L then looked at Zelo. He was hoping that Zelo could read his mind. He is the one that we’re looking for! The ex-half spirit!

 

 “Ah~ So he is Jae eonni’s friend?”, Zelo asked with an innocent face. L hit his forehead and shook his head. You’re so useless, Zelo…

 

Daehyun walked to Zelo and hit his head, “He is the ex-half spirit, you dumbhead!”

 

“Auch!”, Zelo winced in pain, “So he is the client that Sehunie talking about before?! Then we should ask him! Ppali!”

 

You sighed. As much as I want to do that right now, I can’t Zelo..

 

Himchan then walked to Yongguk, “I came here to grant Jae’s wish.. She said she wants to meet with Kyuhyun hyung because she likes him as a fan.”

 

Yongguk frown, “Fan?”, he looked at you in disbelief and you just looked away, avoiding his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun then cleared his throat loudly, so all of you looked at him. “I think  it’s too awkward for me to be here.. I will just go then.. It’s not a perfect time for dinner and I’m not a typical of idol who likes to come to my fan’s house and ask if she wants my sign or not.. Bye.”, he then walked out.

 

“Hyung!”, Himchan turned panic and didn’t know what to do. You bit your lips and looked at L. Andwae! We can’t let him go!

 

L turned pale as well. ! How to stop him?

 

Zelo suddenly smirked, “I have an idea!!”, he then walked to L, “Just shout ‘Second Life’ to him! An ex-half spirit will know what it means!”

 

You and L became confuse. Zelo clapped his hand, “Now! Quick! Before he left!”

 

L back to his sense and shouted, “Wait!!”

 

Kyuhyun somehow managed to make a stop. L took a deep breath, “SECOND LIFE!”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and he turned his head to look at L.

 

L gulped, “D-do you know something about it..?”

 

Kyuhyun just stood there, frozen. He stared at L in shock, “Y-you.. Are you-“

 

Himchan furrowed his brows, “Second life..?”

 

Daehyun groaned in annoyance, “Babo!”

 

Your eyes widened as well. Oh no! L can’t let his identity to be found by the others, right?!

 

Zelo looked at you, as if he knew what you were thinking, “Don’t worry eonni! LG can tell he is a Half Spirit to the ex-half spirit.. He will be fine..”

 

You exhaled in relief and tried to help L out, “Err.. Second Life! It’s a title of a new musical that L and Kyuhyun-ssi will act together, right?!”, you lied and laughed awkwardly.

 

“Mwo? Since when you play in a musical?”, Himchan stared at L in disbelief.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything and he looked pale. Himchan became more confuse, “Wait a minute. Isn’t Jae the one who wants to meet with Kyuhyun hyung? And now why is L-“

 

“I told her to make an excuse so then I can meet with Kyuhyun sunbae..”, L said. “My company told me to play in this musical and they want to ask Kyuhyun sunbae to do it too.. The director told me to contact him, but I was just too shy so I asked Jae for help.”, L spoke all the lies with a fake smile plastered on his face. . Just what the hell I was just saying?

 

Yongguk also feel something’s odd and just crossing his arms, waiting for the next scene. Himchan pouted his lips, “Whoa you are really bad.. How can you ask Jae about this? If it’s about your work, then you just ask your company to help you out..”

 

Kyuhyun finally exhaled deeply, “Ahh.. Is it? Well then I’m interested to listen to your offer..”, he laughed awkwardly, “Can you bring me to meet this director?”

 

Your eyes lit in excitement, “Y-yes! We can! I-I mean he can!”, you pointed to L, “And you guys better go now!”

 

“Can you guys leave now? Before I kick all of your myself..”, Yongguk gritted his teeth.

 

“Oppa!”, you looked at him but he just glared at you.

 

L sighed. Why everything always turns complicated? I never have a fine day since I become a half spirit.

 

 

Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck, “Can I lend your car? It’s better if me and L talk in another place..”, he asked Himchan.

 

Himchan blinked, “Huh? S-sure.. B-but..”

 

Kyuhyun stepped back in then snatched the key from his hand, “Thanks, man. I will come back as quick as I can.. Just wait for me here.”

Kyuhyun then made an eye contact with L and L followed him to the car.

 

Himchan stared blankly at the car that started leaving him, “Y-ya! W-wait!”

 

It’s too late, since the car already gone from his side. You came next to him, “It’s okay, oppa.. They will be back soon. Just stay here. I will take care of Yongguk oppa..”, you whispered at the last words and winked at him.

 

Himchan scratched his hair, “I guess.. I don’t have any choice if you already said like that..”

 

Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows while pursuing his lips into a thin line. A flashback came to his mind. He remembered that Himchan’s name also mentioned on the discussion he did before with Big Bang and Infinite’s members.

 

A smirk formed on his face, “Ya!”, he called Himchan and the boy looked straight at him, “Just stay. There’s something I want to discuss with you too. Face to face.”

 

Himchan gulped, “Ne hyung.” O-okay.. I have a bad feeling about this..

 

Daehyun sighed, “Don’t you think that you should go with them? You are his Guardian Angel, right?”

 

Zelo twiddled his fingers, “But.. Err.. Jae eonni..”

 

“I will take care of Jae..”, Daehyun firmly said.

 

Zelo sighed, “But Daehyunnie-“

I know how much you love Jae eonni and somehow you put me at ease even though I’m a little bit jealous too.. But no. It’s not right. We are angels and we can’t let our feeling taking us and hurt us deeper than before. It’s impossible for us to stay in beside them forever and when the time comes.. We do know that we will be teared apart.. But I will let you spend more time with Jae eonni.. Just this time.

 

“Are you listening? I said go.”, Daehyun glared at Zelo. He then nodded, “Okay I will find LG now..”, Zelo then looked at you, “Eonni.. Take care.”, he then disappeared even before you answered.

 

You close the door and followed Himchan to the living room with Yongguk. You noticed Himchan murmured something like I’m in big trouble.

 

“Are you okay, oppa?”, you tapped his shoulder.

 

Himchan flinched a little, “N-nothing!”, he gave you an assuring smile then sat across from Yongguk, “What do you want to talk with me, hyung?”

 

Yongguk crossed his legs then ran a hand to his hair, “If you are not really in a hurry, then just relax..”

 

You rolled your eyes, “Don’t hurt him.”, you glared at Yongguk and walked to the stairs, “I will just let the boys to talk. Call me if you guys need something.”

 

Daehyun leaned on the wall behind the sofa, “You still have me, Jae. Just rest in your room, I will be your ears.”

 

You slightly nodded at Daehyun then Yongguk answered, “I won’t hurt him if he is being honest though.”, he smirked.

 

Himchan gulped and you warned your brother again, “Don’t make me ignore you again, oppa.”

 

Yongguk sighed, “I know I know.. Just go to your room..”

 

You left the boys then went to your room. You close the door and laying down on your bed. You took your ipod to listen to music in a loud volume.

 

Yongguk glanced at your room and made sure you already inside. He then looked at Himchan who already tensed up and looked nervous.

 

“So.. Shall we start?”, Yongguk smirked.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun was driving quietly with L on his side. The situation was awkward and no one have the intention to start the conversation.
 

After a few minutes of silent, Kyuhyun finally open his mouth, “L..”

 

L startled, “N-ne, sunbae?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “It’s okay.. You can just call me ‘hyung’.. It will be more comfortable..”

 

“Okay sunba- Err.. I mean Kyuhyun hyung.”, L smiled and just stared to his lap.

 

“Looks like it’s fate that we can meet..”, he grinned, “You are so lucky that you found me.. You have something to ask, right?”

 

L turned his head, “Really? Then I will ask you without any hesitations.”

 

“Sure..”, Kyuhyun nodded his head while his eyes fixed on the road.

 

“Okay then. My first question is- Auchh!”

 

Kyuhyun suddenly stepped on the brake and made L’s forehead knocked the glass window, “Oops! Sorry! Are you alright? I was just surprised that you already had questions on your mind. Hahaha..”

 

L sighed. Looks like I found another Lee Sungyeol…

 

“I’m okay.”, L rubbed his forehead, “Err.. My first question is actually where do you want to bring me, hyung? Because it’s been 30 minutes that you are driving and we have nowhere to go..”

I think I notice we passed the same road for 4 times already..

 

“Oh! Hahaha sorry again..”, Kyuhyun laughed shyly, “Many thoughts ran to my mind.. Where should we go then? It’s not like we can go anywhere we want.. You know.. We are both idols and yeah I don’t want people to take pictures of us while we’re talking seriously.”

 

“You got a point. Should we go to a quiet place?”, L suggested.

 

“Hangang?”, he asked. L nodded, “Well.. It’s a nice idea..”

 

“What if someone caught us in Hangang? Will they think of us as a gay couple?”, Kyuhyun suddenly asked.

 

L’s eyes widened in shock, “Hyung! What are you thinking?! T-there’s no way people will think of us like that! IF there’s someone who think about that, then all we have to do is to not getting caught!”

Geesh. This hyung is sure weird and thinking too much like a frog I know too well.. I mean that Zyno..

 

Kyuhyun laughed loudly, “Ya L! You’re an interesting friend! Of course I’m just joking!”

 

L sighed in relief and Kyuhyun drove the car to Hangang. The car then parked on the riverside. He turned off the engine and left the car. L followed him behind and both of them sat on the front side of the car while looking at the dark sky.

Whoa~~ This place is even better at night! Whoo~~”, Kyuhyun open his both arms and relaxing himself with the fresh wind and look to the sky.

 

L looked up at the sky also, “The sky is too gloomy and I swear this is the most cold night ever and we are surrounded by old men..”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Right..”

 

Zelo suddenly appeared on L’s back, “BOO!”

 

L didn’t even flinch and just looked at Zelo with ‘what-the-hell’ look.

 

“Aishh you are not fun, LG!”, Zelo pouted, “You are not even surprised?! Even a bit? Just a little bit?!”

 

L tch-ed at Zelo and just shook his head. You wish.

 

“LG! How’s the talk? Is Zelo missing so many important parts already?!”, he stood in front of L with both of his hands on the back, waiting like a little kid.

 

L murmured, “We are not even start anything yet.”

 

“Yes?”, Kyuhyun looked at L.

 

“S-sorry..”, L bit his lips. Zelo facepalmed himself, “Come on, LG! Just be straight to the point like you always be!”

 

L tightened his fist and finally asked, “So hyung.. I want to ask you.. About.. About me.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, “About you as a Half Spirit? Do you want to know if it’s feel right as one of it, right?”

 

L’s eyes grew bigger and he was too surprised to even give a response.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Trust me L. The worst part is still not even come to you yet.. I once on the same position like you, so I do know how you feel right now..”, he squeezed L’s shoulder lightly.

L stuttered, “W-what do you mean?” His laugh makes me get a goosebump.

 

Kyuhyun patted his shoulder, “I mean.. It maybe ended good.. But you know.. Nothing’s perfect. We.. No. I mean you.”, Kyuhyun looked straight to his eyes, “You died once and you are given a chance to get your ‘Second Life’.. You do know that there’s some consequences that you need to face.”

 

Kyuhyun stood up then turned back to L, “I don’t want to scare you, L. But let me ask you a few questions first.”

 

“Y-yes?”, L became nervous.

 

Kyuhyun asked, “First. Is there anyone else know about you as a Half Spirit beside me now?”

 

L looked down, “No- Err.. I mean yes. I have a partner. The girl you met before.. Bang Yoonjae.. She is my partner. And there’s some angels around me that now about it too..”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “So a human does know about you. Hmm.. Is there any other human who know about this?”

 

L shook his head, “No. Jae is the only one that know about this..”

 

“Daebak~”, Kyuhyun unconsciously clapped his hand, “And how can God let her to know about you? I mean- a partner? How can you get a partner while I didn’t?”, he laughed, “This is not fair!”

 

L looked at Zelo and he felt confuse. He didn’t have a partner?!

 

 

Do you know anything about this, Zelo?! You definitely know something, right?!

Zelo furi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter