Happy Ending or Not? Part 2

My Servant, My Princess

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

Chapter 17

Happy Ending or Not? Part 2

 

Loving someone is a leap of faith
You are giving them your heart 
and trusting them not to break it...
No matter what happens
I will still never regret making that leap for you
~ Author Unknown ~

 

 

Wedding Day...

 

Sulli is dressed in her simple yet elegant white wedding gown. The white fabric was embedded with tiny diamond stones like stars sprinkled over the vast sky. She kept her hair in a simple knot with some fibers of her hair falling on the side of her beautiful face.

tumblr_lzwpj8vtgR1rngnnoo1_500_thumb.jpg

"Ah.. we are really blessed with a beautiful day today isn't it? You're lucky, it seems like God is paving the way for your wedding to happen. Aren't you excited? Sulli's make up artist asked.

"Did you know that I hated rain so much? But I wish it will rain today, more than ever.. " Sulli stared blankly on her reflection in the mirror while playing with her mother's "wish" ring.

Though taken aback by her comment, her make up artist decided to just keep quiet.

Siwon was waiting for her downstairs and when she went down, her brother beamed with happiness seeing her in her wedding dress.

126758288268.jpg

"You look lovely Sulli. I can't believe I'm going to giving away my one and only little sister," Siwon kissed her on the cheek. "But I just hope that though impossible, out of this whole ordeal, you will still find your happiness."

"Thank you oppa. Don't worry about me. You should start living your life now. Go and find a wonderful girl and marry her. You are not getting any younger." Sulli slip her hands through Siwon's arms.

"Are you sure you really want to go through this? You want me to cover for you while you ran away?" Siwon hold Sulli's hands.

"I'm okay oppa. Even if I run away, I don't think I still can ran back to him. More than anything, I want him to be happy eventhough his happiness means I'm not a part of it." Sulli just  smiled. 

"But don't you think its worth fighting for? Maybe fate decided for the both of you that's why you met him again? Remember, fate is building a bridge of chance for someone you love. In the end the decision to walk through that bridge is still your choice. You lost him once, don't lose him again, Sulli." Siwon said trying to give her a boost of confidence.

Sulli just gave Siwon a sad look. Once upon a time, she also wished for a happy ending... She also once dreamt of spending the rest of her life with someone she love... And once upon a time, a 12 year old little girl promised herself that she would marry the boy she met on the beach... When she gave that boy her heart necklace, fate decided that she also gave away her heart that day... And on one funny twist of fate, she became a servant to that boy and fallen deeply in love with him... Who would have thought that same little girl found her way back to her prince charming after a few years only to let him go once again...

421114.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************

Mr. Lee Jinki aka Onew and Heechul are on their way to the church.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcS5_QptSABcp2fLiEYUAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW2_IP1MlPSE_Wb3ylEcB

"Aren't we too early?" Heechul asked Onew.

"Hmmmm, no we are just in time. The bride usually takes longer to arrive so we're fine."

"Do you think they are on their way?"

"Yes, I think so. I called them earlier to confirm the time they are arriving. So everything is according to plan." 

"I can't wait for this to be over." Heechul sighed.

"Well, we have waited for months, an hour wouldn't hurt much, don't you think?" Onew smiled.

"I hope so. Let the show begin...."  

 

*********************************************************************************************************

On that same day, Minho was talking to Jjong and Key.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"  Jjong asked.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR79T-kovdgtVJ8qEwJJq_

"Yes, more than ever... " Minho answered with determination.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8UrpjaN-nkl2z0YpAno6

"You know very well that we got your back 100% but for this one, I want you to do it for the right reason. Don't do things that you will regret someday." Key also butted in.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB4H0pghEAidJzoLHFHX3

"I know, and I have never been this sure." Minho stood up and the two also followed. 

"Alright, I will let him know..." Jjong took out his phone and dialed someone's number. "Yes, we'll do it as planned." he instructed the other guy on the phone.

Minho sitting on the passenger seat and as soon as he fasten his seatbelt, he suddenly remembered Sulli. She has a fear in riding and sitting at the passenger seat. He remembered her frightened face as she was trying to grasp the seatbelt. He also remembered how he hold her hands to assure her that it's going to be alright. Sulli was his second heartbreak but this time, the pain was excruciating. He has his first heartbreak when he was 14 years old from a little girl who promised to meet him but never really returned.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHjw0k07B6WlAMEUgdnlS

Fate has a funny way of playing with people. While he was planning a revenge, he got played unknowingly.

********************************************************************************************************

Strangely, the atmosphere in the small chapel was nonresonant. It didn't feel like a wedding. Sulli understood, it was more of a business gathering not a wedding. And people there came to celebrate a company merging and not marriage. The bride and the groom is going to be bound not by a marriage contract but a business contract.

742.jpg

"I don't think I wore the right dress today Oppa. I should have worn a corporate attire not a wedding dress, don't you think so?" Sulli tried to joke trying to cover her nervousness that's slowly creeping through her nerves as she was about to take each step towards the altar where her groom must be waiting.

"You still have time, if you're not up for this, we can always run away together," Siwon pinch her hand also trying to keep the atmosphere light.

Sulli emerged out of the car with Siwon. They stood together at the entrance of the church and the church bell rang... The guests stood up and the wedding march began. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaswpxdunADIWy-P-42tl

Sulli can see the 3 men on white coat at the altar. One is her groom which she haven't really met and seen. Then their two other men behind him that must be his bestmen.

A beautiful music was playing and with Siwon's help, she took her first step towards being Mrs. Kang. She had a quick glance and she saw that he was actually not bad looking. He stood there like a prince with his white coat on. He looked dignified and handsome. He has this aura of a good guy. Sulli bowed down her head unable to meet her husband-to-be eyes. As she slowly walk the aisle she had a flashback. It was summer when she was 12 years old and was sitting alone in the beach.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Flashback....

12 year old Sulli was cletching her parents' necklace as tears rolled down her eyes. They have just received the news about the accident. She wanted to fly back immediately to see her parents but they were told the police were still searching for their parents body after the car flew out of a cliff.

She and her brother were left at the care of their grandparents. 

"Why can't we just go back? I want to be there as soon as they find them. Let's just go grandpa, please?" Little Sulli pleaded.

"Honey, we will but let's just wait for further news okay? I promise we will fly back as soon as we hear an update." Her grandpa tried to explain.

Sulli knew it would be useless to throw a fit so she ran out and went to her favorite spot in the beach. She cried her heart out wishing and praying that her parents are still alive.

 

"Are you okay?" someone asked. Sulli's eyes were still drench in tears so as she looked up to see who it was, she got a blurry vision of a boy. She didn't answer. Sulli just continue to cry not minding the boy standing on her side. After a few minutes, the boy plugged one of his earphones on Sulli's ear. She heard a beautiful music. She glanced back at the boy and she saw him smiling at her. Sulli didn't refuse it and they sat there listening to that boys mp3 player. After sometime, Sulli's tears faded and softly she uttered, "Komawo..." without looking at the boy.

105942117-little-boy-and-girl-sitting-on

"You're welcome. Would you like to hear a story?" the boy asked Sulli. The boy turned out to be Minho.

"Neh..." SUlli answered.

"There's this sad boy. He believed that he was the saddest boy living on earth. One day, the sad boy decided to walk on the beach to sulk and cry. But as he was about to, he heard a little girl crying from afar. The sad boy walked towards the little girl and he saw a lovely little girl crying with all her might. The little girl was crying to hard, the sad boy realized he was not the saddest afterall." Minho smiled at Sulli.

1281787227minho51.jpg

Sulli pouted and asked, "Are you talking about me?"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzpgTtkFLzWK1jZ5SkdZd

Minho laughed and answered, "Ani, it was just a story about a sad boy and a sadder little girl." Sulli smiled knowing the story is about the two of them. She took out the earphone and gave it back to Minho. 

 

"That's okay, let's share. Do you want to give the sad boy and sadder girl a name?" Minho asked.

"uhum.. " Sulli nodded.

"I will give the sad boy a name and you give the sadder girl a name. Let's write it using the stars, that way the angels will see their name in the sky. The angels will then visit them and grant them happiness so they will no longer be sad" Minho took Sulli's little fingers and he taught her how to write it with the stars.

"Together?" Sulli smiled back and together they pointed their fingers in the air tracking both of their names with the stars.

Estrellas-De-Noche.jpg

They stayed there for hours. They shared details about them like school, age, where they live, what's their favorite sports, food they like, and shared dreams. They decided to talk about happy thoughts and agreed not to talked about sad things.

"Tell me if I were a genie, what wish would you like me to grant?" Minho asked Sulli with a smile.

When she saw Minho's smile, Sulli felt her heart beat faster and everything around her seems beautiful. "I think I have a crush on him.." Sulli thought and instantly blushed.

AdBuc.jpg

"I want to have my own fairytale and happy ending" Sulli smiled back.

"Your wish is my command, my princess," Minho bowed down acting like a genie.

They laugh together.

"It's your turn. If I'm a genie, what wish would you like me to grant?" Sulli asked.

"Hmmmm... I have a very simple wish, I just want to be happy, like now." Minho answered.

"I am granting your wish for happiness" Sulli faced Minho and she forced a smile on his face by her fingers.

After a few hours, they stood up when Sulli heard Siwon shouting her name. He must have been looking for her.

"I have to go now," Sulli informed Minho.

"Can I see you again tomorrow?" Minho asked.

"Neh... I will see you here again tomorrow same time." Sulli smiled.

Minho took Sulli's hands and said, "I will wait for you here.." 

63-guy-girl-holding-hands-silowet-agains

Sulli ran towards Siwon when she remembered her parents necklace. She left it at the sand. She went back to Minho's surprise.

"I left my necklace," Sulli told Minho as she bend down to get the necklace on the sand. She looked at it and looked at Minho. "Here.." She gave out the necklace with a heart shaped pendant.

"Huh? You're giving me this?" Minho asked curiously.

"Yes, that should serve as my promise that I will return and meet you" Sulli smiled before running towards Siwon's direction.

Minho just looked at the necklace and smiled.

Sadly, Sulli never make it the next day. As soon as Sulli got home, they got the news about their parents and decided to fly back home.

Minho excitedly went to the beach the next day. He went there early wearing Sulli's necklace. He waited and waited but sadly, Sulli never showed up.

*********************************************************************************************************

Sulli was trying to suppress her tears remembering the past. She still wish Minho his happiness and as for her, her fairytale and happy ending will forever be just a memory.

Sulli_Choi_424.jpg

They finally arrived at the altar. Sulli continued to keep her head down for the fear that her husband to be will see tears are about to roll down her eyes. Siwon gave Sulli's hands to Heechul and he turned back and head to his chair. Sulli felt Heechul gave her hand a soft squeeze before giving her hand out again to  someone that was at the back of Heechul awhile ago. Sulli heard a bustling sound from the guests and out of curiousity she looked up only to face Minho. She can't believe her eyes. Her knees weakened and she can no longer count how many times she had to blink her eyes. At one point she thought she was in a dream but when she felt Minho squeezed her hand she knew it was reality.

1294914574000015.jpg

"I... I don't understand. Why are you here?" Sulli struggle to let out those words.

"To punish you." Minho gave her a fiery look.

"I'm sorry..." Sulli bowed down her head and suddenly she was flooded with emotions and she no longer was able to contain her tears. Her tears flowed down her cheeks endlessly then everything went on a daze and that's the last thing she remembered.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sulli woke up and the very first face she saw was the worried face of Minho. She looked around and she knew she was in her bedroom. 

"Kenchana? Are you okay?" Minho asked.

"Yeah.... But I... what happened" Sulli asked back. She saw other people in the room. Her brother was there, Key, Jjong, Heechul, Onew and Minho.

Siwon+4.jpg

"You passed out.." Siwon answered from behind.

"That's beacause of this stupid guy.." Key appeared from nowhere and scolded Minho. 

20091118_shineececi5a.jpg

"I'm sorry Sulli. We didn't expect this to happen." Jjong apologized.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr4264IwzBsnE0xeEAfWv

"I still don't know what's happening... Why are you here?" Sulli asked Minho.

"I'm here to marry you, Choi Sulli." Minho smiled.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSk1pPvwsgNWsNFQo5fit

"WHAT?!" Sulli was in shocked still not being able to comprehend the current situation.

"Choi Sulli, I'd like you to meet your husband-to-be, Kang Tae Joon." Onew stepped forward.

onew-SHINee.jpg

 

"You're Mr. Kang? Kang Tae Joon?" Sulli asked Minho.

"Yes, I am Kang Tae Joon but I prefer Choi Minho." Minho smiled.

"Sulli dear, please forgive us. We will leave you two alone to talk. We will see you again later." Heechul butted in before he drag all the guys out of the room.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMBdIsdCFCjpuYOFGhJ15

Sulli and Minho were the only ones left in the room. Minho smiled back while holding her hand. Everything is still a blur for Sulli but one thing is sure, she finally got to see Minho. She missed him so much and she's fighting the urge to hug him upon realizing what she did.

"Why did you leave me?" Minho asked while looking intently on her eyes.

"I'm sorry.... I didn't intend to but I didn't have a choice."

"Tell me, did you ever loved me? Was it real?" Minho's stare is piercing through her heart.

"Yes.... Yes... Believe me. Yes, I lied to you about who I am because I didn't have choice. I didn't plan for everything to happen especially.... " Sulli struggle to finish her sentence.

"Especially....?"

"Especially falling for you. I loved you, and no matter what, I will always love you... And deep in my heart, I wanted to believe that I am married to you so I still keep this..." Sulli confessed and showed Minho her finger wearing the ribbon knotted string ring Minho gave her.

"That's all I needed to hear." Minho bridged their gap. He cupped her face on his hands then gently lowered down his head to kiss her. They shared a sweet and passionate kiss. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkwArkZLTF-fkrsc81LkE

"Wait, I still don't understand. How did you become Kang Tae Joon?"

"I had to hide behind that name because I wanted to avenge the death of my parents. For a long time, I really believed my parents were murdered. Murdered by your grandfather. You and your brother are his only family thus my revenge was directed towards you. I planned of stripping you down of your wealth and taking everything you have. I know that there's only two things your brother values, you and the company. So I planned a trap for him and you are the ultimate price. All I had was your name, Choi Sulli. I thought to myself, I will marry you and will make your life a living hell, that way, your brother will be crushed and I can finally avenged the death of my parents. Everything went according to plan until I met you. I was engaged to be married to a Choi Sulli that's why I told you you can't fall in love with me. But I couldn't help it. God knows how much I tried to resist it but at the end I knew to myself I lost the battle. I have fallen deeply in love with my hard-headed servant not knowing that the woman I'm supposed to marry is right in front of me. When I met you, I actually considered not going through my plan of revenge anymore. I was finally happy with you and that's all that matters. " Minho kissed Sulli's hands lovingly.

Sulli was dumbfounded. Fate interceeded for them not just once, but twice. Sulli took the necklace from her neck and gave the other one to Minho. 

"You kept it?" Minho asked when he realized it was the necklace he gave Sulli.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHQWGnttqBw2n5QhmGsGq

"Yes.." Sulli answered.

"You don't need to. This is from my past and like I told you before, I have already learned to let that go." Minho gave the necklace back to Sulli.

"No, I don't want you to let her go. I want you to remember the past and I will help you." Sulli took the necklace with the heart-shaped pendant but she gave him the other one, the necklace with the key.

"I don't understand. What are you saying?" Minho took it with hesitation.

"That is the key to this heart. "You alone holds the key to my heart". Do you remember what the little girl promised you? She promised to meet you and find you the next day and she gave you a necklace as a sign of that promised. Choi Minho, I'm sorry it took me a long time to find you and I'm so sorry for forgetting about that promise. I finally found my way back to you.." Sulli smiled.

Words couldn't express the happiness Minho and Sulli felt. What was once lost was finally found. Indeed, when two people are meant to be together, they will be together, that's fate. 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

After a week...

Minho and Sulli stood before God on their wedding day and with them are their friends and family. 

 

"Choi Minho, I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my husband: to have and to hold, from this day forward. For better, for worse, for richer for poorer; in sickness and in health; to have and to cherish, as long as we both shall live. Thank you for giving me my fairytale and for giving me my happy ending. I love you." Sulli put the ring to Minho's finger with a smile.

400_F_41864222_lmzjoIHDFrzxQVJf39FbOl4az

"Choi Sulli, I give you this ring, wear it with love and joy. I choose you to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward for better or for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish as long as we both shall live. I thank God for finding you and I thank you for garnting my wish to be happy. You have always been and will always be my one true happiness, my servant, my princess...." Minho vowed as he slid the ring to Sulli's finger and finally they shared their first kiss as a married couple.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJrfDQpQ0rgVCGrAz66E

 

 

The End

 

********************************************************************************************************

AsQ_SmfCEAAcsW8.jpg:large

Minsul will always be my favorite couple. Real or not, I believe in them.

May this story inspire you just like how it inspires me....

 

It's hard to let go of something that you hold dearly in your heart, that's how I felt about this story. This is my very first written story and words couldn't express how much I value all of your comments. I always look forward to all of your comments because your words always inspire me to do better.

 

I hope you will continue to support me as I start another Minsul story.

As always, looking forward to your comments...

 

Ciao.....