Illusions

Illusions

 

So it has come to this, now you’re standing on the roof if your apartment block ready to throw yourself off of it, hoping that you would finally die. After that massive fight with Jinki, everything had just fallen apart. You take a deep breath and edge closer ready to make the jump when all of a sudden,
”Subin, Darling don’t do it!!”
You turn round slowly, “Jinki-ah.” You say in tears. The illusions were back. As you try to ignore them, Jinki's voice get's louder. 
Usually you don't like to get rid of the illusions. You liked seeing Jinki's image before. But not now. Now you didn't want anything tying you to life anymore. 
Taking a deep breath, you walk away from the edge of the building, towards the illusion of Jinki. You look into his eyes. He looks like he's pleading, but you can't hear anything anymore. Everything is silent. 
You sigh sadly, you don't want to stop looking at Jinki, but you have to. Biting your lip, you take your two hands, and push the illusion Jinki hard in the chest. 
Jinki stumbles back and lands on the floor. You widen your eyes in both terror and surprise. 
".....Jinki....?" 
"Subin, listen to me....please don't do this." 
"W-what are you doing here.....?" 
"I.....I know what I did was stupid. But please.....please don't-" 
"Stop!" You yell suddenly. "Just stop Jinki." 
 
You didn’t want him to see you like this but it just happened like that. Your heart is racing, and Jinki has a look of complete fear in his eyes. Terrified that you were going to take your own life like this.
 
“Jinki....what are you doing here? Actually, I don't even want to know. Just please go away so I can do this." 
“No Subin please don’t? Please?”
“What do I have to live for? I have no family. No future. I gave up my friends for you. And now I don't even have you. So it's not worth it anymore."
 
He takes a step closer to you carefully, ready to catch you if you try to jump off of the roof to your death.
"Please don't think that way....I-"
“Don’t come any closer Jinki! I’ll do it! I’ll jump!” You scream at him trying to make him go away but he wasn’t going anywhere. You are getting more and more angry at him and he knew it. But still he didn't leave. He didn't back off the slightest bit. 
“WHY WON’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE JINKI?!!!”
“BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!” He shouts at the top of his lungs. 
Startled, you take a step back, nearly slipping of the edge. You knew he could scream loud at times but that was the loudest you had ever heard it before. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. As he takes a small step towards you, you take another back. 
 
You hadn't even realized you were so close to the edge, but when you fell, you didn't even scream. You merely closed your eyes. 
 
Jinki's breath wavers as he tries to speak, but fails. His arms around your waist are shaking. His knee is cut and bleeding from jumping to catch you and landing on it. 
 
”Subin, my beautiful angel...I am so so sorry about our fight and all of those horrible things I said to you. I realised how selfish I had been that day. I should never have done any of that to you after all you had done for me. Please I beg you....don't do things like this. I will do anything that I can to make it right again, I promise. Please just forgive me and get down from here."
He lets you go and looks directly at you. His eyes are full of fear and regret. Tearing up, you jump back into his arms.
“It’s okay now...I’ve got you. I really am sorry Subin. It's going to be okay....alright?”
"I....I love you Jinki." 
"I love you too."