Four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.

Four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.

 

This is gonna be painful. /sobs


 

 

 

 

Daehyun felt a heavy sigh leave his lips as he picked up the two empty cups, pulling the blanket over his shoulder before throwing a last glance around the winter garden, smiling. He looked outside through the windows, watching the faint traces of moon light illuminate the darkness after the sun had set hours ago.

 
(The last hours, his head reminded him, that small, sadistic part that liked to torture him with all these things he didn't want to think about, couldn't think about, never, because it hurt too much but his mind was still counting already, how much time was left until he hard to start the timer for four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds?)
 
Turning around he left the small cozy room, closing the door behind him and dumping the cups into the kitchen sink before making his way into the living room, neatly folding the blanket and dropping it over the arm rest of the couch, smoothing his hand over the fluffy, thick fabric.
 
"Dae."
 
Daehyun felt his back muscles tense upon hearing the beloved voice call his name softly like that and he straightened up again, turning around to face the male standing in the door frame of the living room, an unreadable expression on his face.
 
"Are they sleeping?" he heard himself asking, the cheerful tone in his voice sounding kind of foreign to Daehyun and he could tell from Jongup's soft sigh that he felt the same.
 
"Yes," he replied softly. "Safe and sound."
 
"Good."
 
"Yeah."
 
The room turned quiet again, with Daehyun restlessly rearranging the magazines on the coffee table and some books on the bookshelves while the other was watching silently, not moving from his spot. The older felt himself freeze when all of a sudden soft music filled the room and when he turned around, he just caught a glimpse of Jongup stepping away from the stereo, a warm smile on his lips.
 
(A smile that made Daehyun's heart beat a dozen beats per second, fast like that of a small bird, safely craddled in the warm hands of a loving person, knowing that they would cause no harm, no matter how vulnerable, how exposed, how weak he was.)
 
Daehyun complied obediently when Jongup pulled him into the middle of the room, but he felt a rush of sudden insecurity when his palm was placed on the younger male's shoulder, a gentle hand landing on his hip. When Jongup took his free hand into his own and raised it, Daehyun breathed a surprised gasp.
 
"Dancing?"
 
A smile played over Jongup's lips, brighter and much more genuine this time and the older could feel his heart flutter with dozens of light wings when the boy began to slowly sway their bodies to the gentle music.
 
"We've never slow danced before..."
 
"Hm, really," Daehyun nodded and returned the smile, though giving Jongup a slightly nervous glance, trying his best to follow his movements. "To be honest... I never slow danced at all..."
 
"There's a first time to everything, I guess... Let me guide you, baby."
 
"First time, huh," the older chuckled and took a deep breath to encourage himself. "Show me the steps, Moon Jongup."
 
"Keep your eyes on mine. Focus on the music. Follow my lead."
 
The younger male's answer was nothing but a whisper and Daehyun felt the grip on his hand tighten a little as he followed his movements through the empty space of the living room, slowly and gracefully, their bare feet moving across the smooth hardwood floor.
 
(And Daehyun noticed all the small things, that one plank that would groan ever so slightly when they passed across it, the edge of the fluffy carpet in the middle of the room whenever his toe would, oh so clumsily, stub against it, the stars shining through the large clear windows, all the small things about this house, their home, which would soon feel so much emptier, but not right now, not now when everything was perfect for a few last minutes, every step bringing him closer to the point of starting those four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.)
 
Daehyun kept his gaze locked with Jongup's eyes, feeling himself sink deeper into the warmth he could sense there, keeping a firm grip on the younger's shoulder as he slightly poked out the tip of his tongue in concentration. A small chuckle left Jongup's lips and Daehyun cocked his eyebrow with a smile.
 
"What?"
 
"You're doing great, baby," Jongup replied and the older breathed a small laugh, placing a quick kiss on the other's lips.
 
"Well, I... have a great teacher, I guess?"
 
Jongup just nodded, his smile not leaving his face as he lead them both through the pace of the song, eyes locked, lips just inches apart, bodies so close that they could feel the warmth seep through their clothes, notice soft puffs of breath fan over each others lips.
 
(And maybe it was just Daehyun's imagination, but Jongup's breath tasted fresh, in a way, with a hint of sweetness and traces of sharpness, it tasted like mint and strawberries and chilli and like warm comfort, effortless smiles and love, love, love.)
 
With the last beat of the song Jongup's grip suddenly shifted and with a soft gasp, Daehyun found himself with his back pressed against the younger's chest, arms wrapped around his waist from behind and soft lips brushing against his ear.
 
"How was that, baby?"
 
"That was..." Daehyun found himself gazing down at the arm around his body and his smile got wider. "Hm, what's the right word... magical? Yes, magical."
 
A laugh slipped over Jongup's lips and Daehyun could feel his breath run warm over the side of his neck, the grip around his body tightening a little as hands slipped under his shirt, fingertips brushing over his smooth skin.
 
"Magical indeed, now that's another thing checked off my bucket list," the younger said softly, tracing a tick sign on the older's stomach, making him chuckle.
 
"You seem to have a lot of things on your bucket list."
 
"I do, really."
 
Daehyun sighed again, simply enjoying the silence and Jongup's warmth against his back before he turned around slowly, his hands finding their spots on the younger's hips to pull him closer for a gentle kiss.
 
"It's almost time," he muttered under his breath, afraid to speak any louder as if the noise could bring the dreaded moment closer, watching a frown cover Jongup's handsome features.
 
"Yeah, soon."
 
Without a second of hesitation, Daehyun let his hands slip up to cup the younger's cheeks, pulling him into a deep, almost desperate kiss, finding Jongup's lips parting willingly to let his tongue in. It was almost like a dance again, slow and sensual and full of love and the older couldn't get enough of his taste. The soft, muffled groan coming from Jongup, vibrating over their tongues, the feeling of the boy's fingers gripping his shirt before moving up to curl into his hair, it all made Daehyun's heart stutter through a few beats and he found himself pull away reluctantly, soft pants leaving his lips as he looked at Jongup, meeting his gaze, flickering between longing and anxiety of what was about to come.
 
(And Daehyun was just as afraid, his breath lodged in his throat while it had been so easy to breath when his lips were sealed by those of his better half and now it was just so painful to force his voice out, shaping his shaky breaths into words he doesn't want to say because they would start it all, and if he said them he would soon find himself counting, one second, two seconds, four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.)
 
"You... you should g-go."
 
"No... no, no, no!"
 
Daehyun only smiled sadly when the younger boy's arms wrapped around his waist again, his warmth filtering through all their layers of clothes once again and it felt just so close, so free with Jongup in his arms that he gave in, allowing the other to hold him in a tight hug again.
 
(And Daehyun allowed himself to feel the other's warmth for a little longer, just a few more seconds, to savor the warmth, to make his body remember just how perfectly their bodies fit together.)
 
He let his forehead lean against Jongup's as he reached up to brush his thumb against the younger's jaw, his breath fanning over the boy's lips before he kissed him again, gently and chaste this time, then he stepped away once more when he knew that any second longer would only make it harder for the both of them.
 
(Even though it couldn't get much harder because his better half was leaving and Daehyun knew that without him he was nothing and it was just a week but he would be lacking half of his body and you simply can't just move on normally with half of your body missing and Daehyun was sure he wasn't exaggerating because this was how he felt.)
 
"Jongup, please."
 
"But-"
 
"Baby."
 
It was just a second of silently staring at each other, then Jongup lowered his eyes and breathed a heavy, dejected sigh that made the older male's once fluttering heart clench painfully in his chest.
 
(But pain was what Daehyun could deal with so he pushed through it, to show a strong front, a smile, to make it easier for the boy he loved because he was so delicate and frail and it had taken Daehyun so much effort to fix him the last time that he didn't want to see him break once more, much less if he wouldn't be able to be there to put him back together again, not for four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.)
 
The wind was blowing harshly outside, as if nature was making fun of them too, and every step through the garden and towards the gate made Daehyun's body feel heavier, but he forced himself to keep walking with Jongup's heavy bag slung over his shoulder, his fingers threading through the boy's who was walking by his side, before they stood by the road in the moonlit night, waiting.
 
(And Daehyun didn't even feel bad for wishing for a car accident, a traffic jam, anything that would make the cab arrive late, or not at all, that would give them an extra minute, or another night, but it was useless, because the last moments were fading away and it was almost time to start counting, four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.)
 
The loud sound of the engine, of tires on dry, cold asphalt made them both look up and momentarily they were blinded by the bright headlights piercing through the otherwise dull night. When the cab stopped in front of them and the driver got out to load the bag into the trunk, Daehyun turned his head, only to find the younger boy looking at him already.
 
"G-goodbye, I guess," he stuttered and Daehyun found himself smiling softly, pulling up Jongup's hands to kiss his knuckles before moving up to kiss his lips.
 
"It's just a week," he told the younger, trying to make him feel better, to make himself feel more at ease, but it was only partially working. "Not even a week, five days."
 
(But it was still five days, and five days meant one hundred and twenty hours, seven thousand and two hundred minutes, four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds until they would see each other again, four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds of waiting.)
 
"Five days," Jongup replied with small, confirmatory nod before pressing a loving kiss to Daehyun's lips. "Don't forget me."
 
"I can't forget you. Physically unable to."
 
It made the younger male laugh and really, seeing him laugh was all Daehyun wanted, so at least now he felt a sense of ease as he opened the door of the cab before giving the driver the directions which she confirmed with a nod and a smile. He closed the door carefully, not wanting the loud slam to ring through the neighborhood, then he waited for Jongup to wind down the window, kissing him as soon as he could before even the hint of a word could leave his lips. Jongup smiled when he pulled away.
 
"Be safe, okay?"
 
"You too. Jongup, I... I love you."
 
"I love you too."
 
Daehyun stepped back and then there was glass between them again before the engine roared to life once more and he managed to catch a last glimpse of Jongup's smile, before watching the car drive down the road, swerving around a corner and disappearing into the night and as soon as he lost sight of the bright red tail lights his heart skipped another beat as a feeling somewhere between sadness and anticipation washed over him. Four hundred and thirty two thousand seconds.
 
"One."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Okay, I hope this didn't turn out too angsty, I tried to lighten it up a little, orz.

Anyways, DaeJonggggg. /sobs. Stupid perfection.

Also I can't write drabbles for my life's sake.

I started this as a drabble and now it has 2154 words, that's not how you drabble, goddamnit. /wails