chapter seven: teaser #1

` — 〈 andando 〉 | closed |

Dongha sat nervously in the recording room, tilting his head to the side as he looked around. There was absolutely no one in the room, but him, and he began to wonder if the text he had received from his soon to be manager-- Park Chanhee-- had actually been a prank. He pouted and stood to leave when the door slammed open and in walked the manager with a boy following after him. Dongha blinked, staring at the boy with wide eyes. He seems to cold, he thought, puffing his cheeks out.

"Ah, hey, Dongha. Sorry for being late," Mr. Park apologized, taking a seat on one of the chairs. He motioned for the unknown boy to sit in one of the seats, which he did quickly, his leg bouncing up and down. He seemed ready to pass out as Dongha stared at him with interest.

Mr. Park noticed Dongha's staring and chuckled softly, leaning back in his seat, comfortably. "Im Dongha, meet Andando's new member, Hwang In Ho. His stage name is IO."

Dongha bounced in his seat excitedly, getting up and taking In Ho's hand happily. "Hello! I'm Dongha! I guess you already knew that, but I like saying my name. So your name is In Ho? I don't know which is cooler, In Ho or IO? Both? Oh, I don't know! Do you believe in aliens? I do. Also d--"

Dongha was interrupted when In Ho stood up, suddenly, tearing his hand out of Dongha's grasp and walking out of the room, slamming the door behind him. He froze, staring after the boy, before looking at Mr. Park, a bit worried. "Did I... Did I do something wrong?

Mr. Park sighed, standing up and placing a hand on Dongha’s shoulder. “I’m not sure… He was like that when we first met too. Maybe he’s just nervous.”

Dongha nodded, feeling slightly disappointed. “Okay…” Biting his lip, he clung onto Mr. Park’s arm, while the taller and older man began following In Ho. “Do you think that he believes in aliens? Do you believe in aliens?”

The manager nodded absent-mindedly, waving a hand to dismiss the boy. “Yes, yes…”

Dongha pouted, not liking the fact that the other wasn’t listening, but stayed silent. He assumed that Mr. Park was looking for In Ho who had disappeared. He felt completely relaxed—IO had seemed older than him and that meant he could take care of himself, right? Right.


Mr. Park on the other hand, was beginning to feel agitated. Where could In Ho have gone? Would he have gone home? Aigoo… I hope not…


Even though he looks a little air-headed, Dongha isn’t exactly the stupidest out there. He can tell when people are nervous and by the way Mr. Park kept gnawing on his lip, the wheels in his head were turning faster than an alien abduction. Feeling the want to help, Dongha screeched to a halt, also making Mr. Park stop.

“What is it, Dongha?” Mr. Park asked, looking around once more before his gaze settling on Dongha who had a determined look on his face.

“I think I know where In Ho is!”

“In Ho hyung,” the manager corrected.

“… Fine, I think I know where In Ho hyung is.”

“Where?”

“The bathroom.”


In Ho sat on the toilet lid, his hands cupping his red cheeks. “Aigoo… Why did I just run out?” he asked himself, shaking his head. “I should’ve endured it like a man…”

That guy was so scary though… His tattoos and it felt as if he could see my soul when he looked at me.

He shuddered, covering his eyes as the scene replayed in his head again. He froze when he heard the door open and voices could be heard as they walked in.

“I don’t think he’s here…” Manager Park?

“Oh, please, hyung. There are these things called stalls and they contain this disclosed place where people do these things called—” And Dongha?

“Please be quiet…”

“I was going to say ‘hide’…” Dongha murmured, before the sound of stalls opening began opening and closing. When they reached In Ho’s, he bit his lip harshly, staring at the two pair of shoes in front of the door before suddenly, a face appeared in place of them.

In Ho let out a girly scream as he jumped a foot in the air.

Dongha stared at In Ho with wide eyes, confusion written all over his face. “Hyung, aren’t you happy to see me?”

No.

“He’s probably creeped out by you…” In Ho heard Mr. Park mutter.

Correct.

“Aw, but why?”

“Because. Now stand up and don’t do that again,” Mr. Park snapped. Dongha’s face disappeared and In Ho relaxed, rubbing his red cheeks with both hands. “He could’ve been going to the bathroom for all you know.”

“But he wasn’t.”

“That’s beside the point Im Dongha.”

There was a silence that could only be described as awkward as In Ho listened. Now he felt bad for Dongha. He knew that the younger boy didn’t mean any harm, but it wasn’t his fault he got nervous. The members of Andando were suppose to be an amazing group didn’t have arguments with each other and lived in harmony, but nobody was perfect. He felt that the concept was just too ideal.

“Mianhae…” Donghae said softly. “To you and In Ho hyung.”

“Aish, this kid.”

There was the ruffling of clothes and then a voice calling out for him.

“In Ho-ah. Come out now.”

The voice, though it was soft, was commanding and In Ho knew better than to object. Silently, he stood and unlatched the lock to see Mr. Park with an arm around Dongha who was looking guiltily at some random spot at the ground.

Mr. Park flashed a bright smile at In Ho and he looked away, feeling slightly nervous again.

“Let’s try this again, now shall we?” Manager Park clapped his hands together, releasing Dongha. “Happy Alien, Im Dongha, meet Andando’s new group mate, the Gentle Giant, Hwang In Ho—otherwise known as IO.”

In Ho glanced back at Dongha before flashing a hesitant smile and reaching a hand out. “Pleased to meet you.”

Dongha stared at the hand, before smiling brightly back at In Ho, the earlier incident seeming to be forgotten by the ever happy—as Mr. Park stated before ‘alien’. “Nice to meet you too, hyung!” He grabbed his hyung’s hand and shook it, rather excitedly. “I can’t wait to work with you.”

“Me too… Please let go of my hand.”

“Aw! Why hyung? It’s so soft~!”

“Don’t rub my hand against your face, you weirdo!”

“Eh? But I was feeling it!”

“Feel your own.”


Mr. Park grinned at the two arguing, leaning against a wall to watch the events unfold before him. It was quite amusing, actually. A buzzing feeling made him reach into his pocket to pull out his phone. Looking at the screen, he noticed that he had a new text from the CEO of the company.

com hlp m wth choose som1 els~ its soooo haaaaaaard TT TT da odr judgs rnt hlpng ithr~~~~

Mr. Park twitched, annoyed at the CEO’s overuse of text language. I’m going to teach him a thing or two about the Korean language…


asdfghjkl i feel like i messed up your characters BIG TIME.... and LOOK! your author actually knows how to use CAPITAL LETTERS! /sweatdrop/

my apologies to jesus and kitty for making your characters be ooc......... oh, if you don't know who mr. park is, check chapter 6. that's him :)

thanks for reading!! <3

-- mir