Chapter Two

Regaining Lost Years

Donghae sighed for the ninth time that day. He had been searching everywhere he could think of for Eunhyuk but like the first times. He found nothing. He kept thinking of where the latter could be, he knows that he is with the gang at the moment but he got absolutely no idea where the gang could be . So, he just kept searching everywhere and anywhere he could think of and go. He had been searching the whole city by now but still nothing.
“This is really useless..” He sighed again before he kept driving again searching for any place the gang could be. It was already night by now and he had been searching for him since the morning. He started to give up. He started to think that it’s hopeless and that he won’t find the other, but every time he thinks like that, he’ll always smack his own head for thinking so negatively before searching again and again. Searching in the same place two or three times just to make sure that there is really nothing there before leaving to search for another place.
It was already past midnight when Donghae arrived  to the borders of the city. He was almost out of the city by the time he heard his phone ringing. He frowned wondering who could be calling him at this time of night. He pulled over by the road side before taking his phone to answer. He checked to see who’s calling only to frown again seeing that it was an unknown number calling. He cleared his throat before answering his phone.

“Hello?”  He answered but got no answer from the other line making him scowl wondering if it was a prank from some high school kids.

“Hello? Who’s this?” He asked but again, he got no answer.

“Who’s this? If you’re not answering then I’m hanging up!”

“Donghae.” It was a low whisper but Donghae heard it. He froze in his place before he heard the other line call him again. He composed him self before clearing his throat. He was by now clinching his steer wheel hard while glaring at nothing.

“Minho.” He simply said and waited for the other to talk.

“How …have you been?” Minho asked awkwardly.

“Where is Eunhyuk?” Donghae ignored the other and asked him directly where the latter was. He has been searching the whole day for Eunhyuk and he won’t waste such a chance.
 Minho sighed when he heard the other’s question. He had expected it already. He knew that the other was surely searching for Eunhyuk this whole time and he’s going to try to help them both. He just hopes what he’s planning is going to work or else, the three of them are surely going to get in a lot of trouble.
He took a moment before sighing and finally talking.

“That’s why I called you.”

“I’m listening.” Donghae said paying his full attention to the other.

“I want to help both of you.”

“Why would you do that?”

“ I told you before. Hyukjae is like my brother. We have known each other since we were kids and I don’t want him to stay here anymore. This is not the place for him. I just want him to live normally like any other person his age far away from this gang.”

“And how are you going to do that?”

“I got a plan. But we have to be very careful when doing it or else we’re going to get in big trouble.”

“I’m listening. What’s your plan?” Donghae asked.

“I can’t tell right now. I think it’ll be better if I meet you in person. It’s too dangerous to talk over the phone.” He said and Donghae hummed.

“Then, when and where are we going to meet?” He asked.

“Stay in your apartment. I’ll come to you. I don’t know when exactly so just stay there until I say otherwise. I’ll try to go there as soon as possible.” Minho said and Donghae nodded but then he realized that Minho can’t see him so he hummed and agreed. They then hanged up and Donghae weakly smiled.
“I’ll save you Eunhyuk. Just hold on some more.”

After Donghae hung up, He started the car and drove back home not wanting to waste time incase Minho decided to come anytime.
Once he arrived, he sat on his couch -not bothering switching on the light- and just stared at the clock seeing that it was 1:30AM already. He was exhausted since he was in the streets searching for Eunhyuk since the morning already, but he knew that he can’t fall asleep anytime soon. What if Minho came while he’s sleeping and he didn’t meet him? That would surely be a huge problem. Although he didn’t want to sleep but his eyelids betrayed him when they closed and he lost his conscious in a second.
 

The next morning, Donghae woke up from the sound of his bell ringing. He looked confused at the clock to find that it’s 7:00AM. He widened his eyes when he heard the bell ring again and he realized that the one who’s at the door might be Minho. With that thought in mind, Donghae stood up and stormed towards the door and opened it to find Minho standing infront of him while smiling awkwardly. Donghae just stared at him before moving aside to make some space for the other to enter.
Once they were inside, Minho sat on the couch and Donghae brought a chair and sat infront of him. There was an awkward silence between them before Donghae finally decided to end it.

“So? What’s your plan?” He asked. Minho scoffed at that before smiling at the other.

“What? You’re not going to ask if I want some tea or something?”  He said trying to gain some more time before they start talking seriously but Donghae just frowned at him.

“What’s your plan?” Donghae asked again which made Minho sigh before looking seriously at Donghae.

“You know that when you and Hyukjae were young, Hyukjae had a crush on you right?” He asked going staight to the point and Donghae nodded as an answer.

“Hyukjae used to go watch you from afar as you already know. While Hyukjae was watching you one day, our boss saw him. He as immediately interested in him. He took notice that Hyukjae always went to the same place every day to wait for you and watch you. Our boss, you can say got more interested in him day by day until one day he decided to take him for himself. That’s when he kidnapped him and brought him to our gang.”

“At first Hyukjae of course used to fight and hit our boss so that he’ll let him go but that didn’t happen so my father told our boss to lock him up in the basement to punish him so that he’ll stop fighting against it. It was the same basement you were in. Hyukjae used to get badly beaten up there even more than how you got beaten maybe ten times. Everyday they’d beat him up until he’s completely unconscious. One time, my father made me go to the basement and take care of him until he wakes up and that’s when we met. I really liked Hyukjae as abrother. I was very hurt to see him get so beaten up for no reason. I hated seeing him hurt like that. So I always tried my hardest to help him but I always failed.”
Donghae by now was glaring at nothing while listening to Minho. He was clenching his fists in anger. Anger towards the gang. Towards their boss and toward how unfair life can be. He wished that he never went to that street back then. He wished that Hyukjae never liked him so that he wouldn’t have had to endure all of this suffering.
Donghae just kept glaring while listening to what Minho was saying.

“One day Hyukjae said that he was sick of all the violent treatment and all the abuse. He said that he’ll do whatever they’ll ask from him from now on under one condition. And that’s to help him get revenge.
Of course, our boss agreed seeming amused by the request but pleased nonetheless. Since then on wards Hyukjae did whatever the boss wanted including being his little toy in exchange of getting information about you. Finally after 8 years we found where you are and we decided a plan to catch you. You already know the plan. When we finally caught you, Hyukjae was not happy seeing you get hurt. He felt frustrated. He couldn’t watch you get hurt so he asked our boss to let you go. The boss didn’t agree in the start but he eventually agreed and he set you free but at the cost of Hyukjae’s freedom. Since he let you go after all the trouble that the gang went through to find you, he was going to be punished by all the gang members. He was sent away to the basement again to be punished. All the members were going to start having fun with him since most of them hated Hyukjae but they decided to just let someone else do the job for them. That someone is Siwon. He hated Hyukjae the most. He hates him because he’s our boss’ favorite and he isn’t even a gang member. He’s jealous of Hyukjae and he hates him to the core so he’ll probably cause the most damage among them all. So in the end, Siwon was assigned by the members to take care of Hyukjae for them and of course Siwon gladly accepted. Now Siwon would go to Hyukjae at 7AM until midnight. He does all he wants to Hyukjae. Until now nothing too drastic happened since he had only been there for two days but later something might happen.
At midnight I go to make Siwon leave and I start to watch Hyukjae and to treat his wounds. And that’s when our plan will start.”

“What’s the plane then?” Donghae asked between gritted teeth.

“By midnight most of the members are going out on missions or some resting. The others are securing the place and most of them are close to me and I could talk with them in helping us out and since I’m the one in charge, they won’t say anything.
Today you’ll receive two fake passports for both of you that I had a friend of mine help me get. And you’ll have two plane tickets.
After two days I want you to be ready for when I tell you to come so that you’ll take Hyukjae and both of you will escape away from here and to China. There you’ll find a close friend of mine waiting for you. He’ll take care of everything from then on and you would just have to listen to everything he says got it?” Minho said and Donghae nodded at that paying complete attention to what Minho says.

“But where should I go to get Hyukjae?” Donghae asked.

“I’ll send you a text of the address.” Minho answered. Donghae nodded in understanding when Minho stood up. Donghae looked confused at him but Minho just smiled at him.

“I have to go now before anyone gets suspicious.” Minho said and Donghae nodded again before speaking.

“But what will happen after? Won’t your boss get angry?” Donghae asked.

“He won’t. I told you before. Our boss really cares about Hyukjae for some reason and he didn’t want him to get punished from the start but he had to since he kind of betrayed the gang. So if he knew that he was not there then he would probably feel relieved rather than angry since his precious Hyukjae is not hurting. And he’ll just search for him half-heartily and when he knows that he escaped outside of Korea he’ll tell the gang to stop searching immediately.” He answered with a smile. Before walking away.

“Well, See you later then Donghae.” He said before opening the door to the apartment.

“Minho!” He was about to walk out when he heard Donghae call his name making him turn to look at him confused.

“Thank you.” Donghae said with a smile. Minho looked surprised for a second before smiling and waving while closing the door after him.

Donghae then sighed and frowned. The plan sounds easy but it’ll be hard and dangerous when put in action. He sighed before standing up and walking towards his room to get his stuff ready before he leaves.
“I just hope that everything will be okay from now on and that the plan work.” He mumbled before sitting down on his bed while looking determined. I’m going to save you Eunhyuk. Just you wait for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:-  *peeks nervously from a corner* um he he... Hi guys :3 
Before anything... I'M REALLY SORRY T^T It's been 9 months already >< 9 freaking months! I wont blame you if you want to kill me >.> and I got absolutely no excuse for not updating other than being a lazy x3  But I updated it anyway that's all it matters :3 
I was suppoed to update this chapter and WAY more a few days ago but idk why it didn't get saved and ended up getting deleted T^T I cried alot that day and kept sulking xD but anyway I rewrote it again and this is like half of what was the chapter supposed to be like xD
I'll try to not be lazy anymore and update :3 OH! and just so you know. I don't plan to make this story long. Idk how many chapters it will end up with but definitely less than 20. way less xD and be ready for some fail fluff to come 
Anyway, I'll stop  talking now but before I leave I just want to say thank you to everyone who waited for this story T^T thnx really :) i'll try to be a better author for you guys I promise ^^ 
Well then. See you in the next update ^^ \o/
here's a little gift for sticking with me ;) 



I love this pic so much x3