Chapter 1

What's a Housekeeper to Do??

hello~!! >w< this is my first chapter update.. please DO enjoy~ <3 

 

-----

 Chapter 1

 

 

   "I realise it's a little unusal, conducting this kind of business in the middle of a lake."  Tiffany said as she breath in the misty morning air. Kim Taeyeon's mouth turned up the hint in self-directed humour before he shrugged broad shoulders  

 

 

   "When I started wondering about this scene idea, and I knew I'd need a second pair of hands to test it out, I decided to combine our interview with some research. I hope you don't mind too much.

 

   "It's a nice setting for a job interview, Mr. Kim,even if it's unusual. I'm more than happy to oblige." If the mad needed to row a boat around a lake at dawn to research for his crime-thriller writing, then Tiffany Hwang could work with that. She offered what she hoped appeared to be a completely relaxed smile because, yes, she did have a little bout of nerves going on. After all, she'd never had a 'real' job-interview before, let alone with a millionaire property-developer and world-famous crime-thriller author! 

 

    Taeyeon's attractive mouth curved. "I appreciate your willing attitude. I could really do with some help for a while with the basics of day to day life so I can focus my energy on the property development I'm undertaking here in Korea, and to crack the challenges I'm having  with writing my current book."  The words somehoe let her in. His smile let her in further. How could a simple, wry grin all but stop a girl's breath?? Tiffany searched searched for the answer in deep-brown eyes fringed with curly black lashes, in a lean face that was all interesting angles and planes in the early-morning light. In the charming sense of welcome and acceptance that seemed to radiate from him.

 

  She'd sensed he was a nice man when they'd spoken on the phone to arrange this interview. They'd both approached a local job-agency and got an almost immediate match. And now again when they met up here in this leafy suburban park to conduct his research experiment, and her job interview.

 

  He was quiet, thoughtful even, and, from the depths of Tiffany discrened in his eyes, he seemed to be a man who kept his share of things to himself. He also had a lovely way of making others feel somehow welcomed by him.

 

   "I'd love to be able to help you so you could concentrate more of your efforts on your work". Tiffany unconsiously staring at him.

 

    "Having someone handle housekeeping and some general secretarial work for me----- very basic stuff---- will free up enough of my time so I can really do that." Kim Taeyeon continued to row their small boat out towards the middle of the lake.

 

    Not with muscle-bound arms,Tiffany. You're not even noticing the muscles on his arms. You're focused on this interview. - Tiffany

 

  Eight weeks of employment as his temporary housekeeper with a little secretarial work thrown in as and when needed: that was what was on offer if she landed the job. Such period of time in her life she would be a mere blip, really.

 

  "Did the agency explain what I'd want from you?" Taeyeon asked question as he rowed. "I gave them a list of specifics when I lodged my request." 

 

  "I'd have the option of living in or arriving each morning. I'd cook,clean,take phone messages, maybe do a little clerical work, and generally keep things in order for you." 

 

  Tiffany had no trouble parroting the work conditions. And, feeling the openness was the best policy from the start, she said, "I would prefer to live in. It would be cheaper than staying with Mum and Dad and travelling across the city each day to get to work." Well, if she had to take a job outside the family, the least she could do was choose something she felt would be interesting and make herself comfortable in  it.

 

   "You have a good understanding of my requirements. I've always done everything for myself." His brows drew together. "But time is ticking away. My agent is getting twitchy. I need to hone my focus on the book and the property development and nothing else. I'm sure taking this step will all be all I need to get past the writer's block that's been plaguing me." 

 

     Tiffany didn't know how long it took to write a top-selling novel crime-thriller series,but she imagined it would be quite stressful not to be able to get the story moving while the days rushed by towards the deadline.

    And, for Tiffany, she needed to work to put some money in the coffers. When the job ended she would dig back into her usual place among her relatives and continue to look after them through a variety of gainful employment opportunities/

   For their sake. Tiffany worked for their sake and it didn't mean there was anything wrong just because she'd been obliged to get out into the real work force at this time either. No one in the entire mix-and-match brood happened to need her just that the moment. That was all.

 

   Tiffany tipped her chin up into the air, dreq a deep breath and forced her attention to their surroundings; South Korea in November. It was cool and misty over the lake this morning, but that was only because the park was shaded,the kaje substantial and the hour still early. Later it would get quite warm.

 

 

    " It is certainly mood-inducing weather," Tiffany said. "For this kind of research" 

   "Yes,and the burst of rain last night has resulted in a nice mist effect here this morning." He glanced about them.

 

   Tiffany was too interested in the man, Nnot the scenery. She admitted this, though she rather wished she hadn't noticed him quite s particularly. She usually worked very hard to avoid noticing men. She usually worked there and made a mess of it. She still carried the guilt of the fallout. What had happened had been so awful----

    Tiffany pushed the thoughts away and turned her attention to the tip of the oars through the water, turned her attention back to Kim Taeyeon, which was where it needed to be. Just not quite so much consciousness of him as a man. She trailed her fingers through the water for a moment and quickly withdrew them. 

 

  "You said on the phone yesterday that you have plenty of experience in housekeeping?" The corner of Taeyeon's eyes crinkled as he studied her.

 

     Tiffany nodded. "I've worked in a housekeeping role more than once. I'm a confident cook, and I know how to efficiently organise my time and my surroundings. I'm a quick learner, and used to being thrown in the deep end to deal with an array of tasks. I see new challengers as fun."

 

    "That sounds like what I need."  His voice held approval, and for some silly reason her heart pattered once again as she registed this fact.

 

   "I hope so." Tiffany glanced away and the blabbed out the first thing that came to her mind. "Well, it may be November, but trailing my fingers through that water made it clear it's still quite chilly. I wouldn't want to fall in." 

 

   "Or dip your hand into the water that might be hiding a submerged crocodile."  Taeyeon eased back on the oars a little. "Wrong end of the lake for that, of course." He chuckled. 

 

   Tiffany didn't want to fall into the awareness of her potential new boss either---not that she was comparing him to a dangerous crocodile. And not that she was falling into awareness. She might not only be the housekeeper, but she'd be housekeeping for a crime writer on a deadline!! 

   If it occured to Tiffany that she had been a little short on excitement for a while, she immediately pushed that thought aside.

    Tiffany shifted on her bench seat and quickly stilled the motion. She didn't want to rock the boat---literally. "I haven't read anything suspenseful for a while. I usually save that for watching movies, but a good crime novel curled up on a sofa---"  She drew a breath. "I'll try not to badger you with questions while you're plotting and writing. Well, that is, if you end up employing me." 

 

   "I doupt it would bother me if you asked questions." He smiled. "Provided they don't start or end with words 'How many pages have you written today?' . " 

  "I think I could manage not to ask that." That would be like her mum painting, or Aunt Shinyoung working with her poetry, and Tiffany demanding an account of the time they'd spent.

 

   Tiffany cast another glance at Kim Taeyeon. He shared her dark brown hair, though his was short and didn't grow in waves, unlike her own curls that flowed halfway down her back. He had lightly tanned skin(I had to make him slightly tanned,as a guy.. xD) and 'come lose yourself in me' eyes, now that she looked closely she saw very permanent-looking smudges beneath those beautiful eyes.

  Though, the man had flaw in his appeal. He was totally stunning and irresistable to look at.

 

  Just then Taeyeon smiled and looked at her. "you're hired" 

 

 

-------

Ok~!! that was tiring~ xDD hope you guys enjoyed~!! <3 

(sorry if its pretty boring though.. .___.)