Final

Tied by a will

         "That's crazy!" Nam Woo Hyun, the cold-hearted man yet kind, hissed silently. " What kind of human ever want to sacrifice their life just for a will of dead people?" He walked impatiently towards his luxurious, red sedan car. Starting the car ignition, he complained again "worst is, why that boy have to agree with it while I don't! is he crazy? Urghh, life is so unfair!" .

 

            Choi Hara and Choi Nara, inseparable fraternal twins had passed away a year ago. Final stage of cancer had caused Nara's death .Terrible accident while on the way to visit her twin sister ,had sent Hara back to her creator. It all happened on the same day leaving the family members mourning over a week . Maybe the word 'inseparable' is true. Some people might say, 'inseparable' never apply to relationships other than in fairytale but in this case, it does. Hara was married to Nam Jae Hyo.  The birth of Nam Woo Hyun is the prove of their eternal love. To Nara, who had lost her husband, Kim Dong Jun in unforgettable airplane crash, Kim Sunggyu is their prove.

 

Nara who had found out her health condition worsen day by day, had decided  to make a will before the last day of hers come. As inseparable twins, Hara and Nara spent almost all their time together and even share secrets and it is not possible to share their wishes.  It is a fate that they did not expected - to wish of the same thing - to set their sons in arranged marriage with their best friend's daughters. In the will, it stated that, the wishes was hope to be granted when both Woo Hyun and Sung Gyu passed their 20 years of age.

 

                                                                                       *****

On the other side, Hye Jin - the oldest daughter of Han Seung Yeon , is contemplating whether  to tell what she was told or not to her sister, Hye Mi. Han Seung Yeon is the best friend of the twins who also knew what they wished for. Even though the twins are not there anymore but their presence still exist in the heart of their best friend, Han Seung Yeon. She had to grant the wish. Scratch that, she needed to grant the wish.

 

At first, it is hard for Hye Mi to accept what are going to happened to her and her sister. But, seeing  the desperation of their mother they have nothing else but to agree. Despite of having hard time to accept the fate, Is it much easier for Hye Jin to accept it since one of the men who were tied down with them is her work-mate in the architecture. But the problem is they do not know who they were paired with.

 

*****

 

"Woo Hyun, calm down for heaven's sake!" Sung Gyu raised his voice a little bit.

 

"What? Don't you see what will happened to our dearest life?" Woo Hyun who was pacing back and forth in front of Sung Gyu and successfully make the other guy dizzy for a moment.

 

"I know it Woo Hyun, but it is our mom's wish." Woo Hyun who had calmed down a little bit, sat on the fluffy sofa facing Sung Gyu. "You see, It's a wish. What do you think if your wish is not granted? You'll be disappointed, right?" Woo Hyun just nodded at the older one's statement. " please Woo Hyun, act mature more. They are our mom. Mom knows the best for their child even if they were not with us, they  are still watching us from above."

 

Sung Gyu's statement had succesfully convinced the younger one. One more thing to solve, will they be able to love their soon-to-be spouse with all their heart?.

 

*****

 

"Hello, nice to meet you again Dong Jun-shi and Jaehyo-shi" Seung Yeon greeted the two men as soon as they reached their meeting place- the Italian restaurant.

 

"Hello nice to meet you again" Bothe men replied in unison

 

The meeting gone very well. Woo Hyun was set to marry Hye Mi while Sung Gyu was set to marry Hye Jin. The marriage will held privately about next two month.

 

*****

Both Woo Hyun and Sung Gyu have been 'dating' the girls about two weeks now. Hatred does not cross their relationships infact Sung Gyu and Hye Jin have mutual feelings but not yet to be spoken. On the other hand, Woo Hyun have feelings for Hye Jin too leaving Hye Mi, the outcast.

 

"Hye Mi" Woo Hyun called the girl who was waiting for him at the bench.

 

"Oh, you're here" Hye Mi flashed a sincere smile.

 

"So, how's your sister?" the eager Woo Hun ask Hye Mi.

 

"She's fine, as you know she's getting closer with Sung Gyu" Hye Mi who knew from the beginning that Woo Hyun had fallen for her sister instead of her,replied gladly. Its not a big deal actually, since Hye Mi does not have feelings for Woo Hyun.

 

"I see" sad can be detected in his tone.

 

"umm, may I know why you're so interested in her?"

 

"Sure!" He beamed " Here goes my oh-so-sweet childhood story." Hye Mi chuckled at his darmatic way. " When I was a kindergartener, I was and outcast boy. I had no friend at all. When it is recess time, we were told to go outside to the playground to socialized with other kids but no one wants to be friend me."

 

"and then?" Hye Mi who was now  absorbed in his story asking for more detail.

 

"And then, here I am grown up and the most wanted man " he joked earning a pinch from Hye Mi. "Oww! That stings. What are you? A scorpion?" Hye Mi just chuckled and he proceeded to continue his story. "one day, there's a girl came to me and gave me lollipop, since that day I never forget her because she's my first friend and she's Hye Jin"

 

Hearing the ending of the story, Hye Mi felt a pang on her heart. She knew exactly what happened that day and she just remembered that they both when to the same Kindergarten. Brushing off her feeling since she it was just a kid's stuff, she asked Woo Hyun on what is he going to do to make Hye Jin his.

 

"I don't know, I do that, that means I'm betraying Sung Gyu and our mom".

 

*****

"Hyemi -yah, wake up! Hyemi-yah!" Woo Hyun shook Hyemi's drenched body vigorously afraid of the girl leaving him and the rest of the family forever.

 

"Woo Hyun?" The man sighed in pure relief. "Thank You" She stated sincerely. With that Woo Hyun carried her, bridal style to their villa and yes, they were on vacation together with the rest of the family.

 

Hye Mi almost drown to death when she  accidentally slipped from the edge of the pool. It is all because of a revolting lizard passing by in front of her which startled her. Luckily, Woo Hyun who was happened to be there from the gym rushed to save her.

 

"Hye Mi-yah, you okay?" Hye Jin caressed Hye Mi's hair as sign of care asked her softly.

 

"Hmm, I'm sorry, I should have gone to the pool with you as you suggested." Pure regret can be seen in Hye Mi's eyes.

 

"NOW YOU REALIZED? YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU COULD HAVE DIE IF I WASN'T THERE! YOU'RE SO STUPID!" Woo Hyun who was leaning on the door frame a while ago suddenly burst in rage.

 

"WOO HYUN!" Sung Gyu snapped at him.

 

"ARRGH~" Woo Hyun left without apologizing.

 

"Woo Hyun!" Hye Mi tried to ran after him but was held back by Sung Gyu.

 

"No, you should rest. Let him be, he's acting immature" Sung Gyu stated.

 

"That's right Hye Mi-yah, you should change or else you could catch a cold" Hye Jin supported Sung Gyu.

 

Both Hye Jin and Sung Gyu thenleft the room giving Hye Mi some privacy.

 

*****

 

"Damn it! Why should they be on Hye MI's side? Isn't it clear that she's troubling her self?" Kicking pebbles in his way, Woo Hyun cursed under his breath. Little did Woo Hyun know, he somehow felt wrong about his action earlier. He was having battle with himself whether he is wrong or right. "Should I apologize instead? I was overreacting right?" His heart softened a bit.

 

"You should" Startled Woo Hyun swiftly turned around only to find Sung Gyu looking calm.

 

"I'm sorry about earlier" Ashamed, Woo Hyun bowed his head low.

 

"Don't say that to me, say that to Hye Mi. You even call her stupid" Woo Hyun just sighed reminiscing what he had said to Hye Mi

 

"I'll think about it" His ego wouldn't let him give up.

 

"You better be. After all, she's going to be your wife" Sung Gyu patted his shoulder and left.

 

"Wife…" Woo Hyun felt wrong just by Imagining how would Hye Mi felt when they were married and Woo Hyun didn't even love her. 

 

Hye Mi is such a wonderful person. Even if she's not a goddess but she have the lady-like attitude and kind-hearted and she is even mature if to be compared to Hye Jin. Sure for him Hye Mi is better than Hye Jin but his belief towards his childhood memory holding him back to learn to love Hye Mi. If we think about it, it is a nonsense. Holding back your self because of a mere childhood memory.

 

"Woo Hyun-ah" Soft voice calling his name snapped him out of trance.

 

"Yes?" Hye Mi was there standing with hesitance, earlier wet clothes were already changed. "What do you want?" Woo Hyun said surprisingly calm.

 

"I'm sorry" to his shock, Hye Mi bowed formally to Woo Hyun. "I'm sorry" she repeated, tears were now can be seen clearly falling. "You're right, I'm stupid." Woo Hyun was lost for words seeing the Hye Mi he knew as strong will, relentless woman were now right in front of him looking so vulnerable and defeated.

 

"Hye Mi-yah, stop it" he was now came back to his sense.

 

"Not until you forgive me" at least the relentless attitude was there.

 

"I forgive you, stop it."Woo Hyun strode towards now sobbing Hye Mi and embraced her in his well-build arm. "Shh, forget it. I'm the one who's at fault. I'm overreacting." Woo Hyun her hair.

 

"Please, let me repay your deed. I will do whatever you want. I owe you, Woo Hyun" Hye Mi said rather calmly.

 

"No, you don't have to. "

 

"Yes, I have to. No, I need to. I owe you!" Hye Mi who had stopped sobbing sated in matter-of-fact tone.

 

"Really, you don't have to." Woo Hyun convince her.

 

"No! I'll repay you. Since, you don't want me to do anything, I’ll think of a way to repay you. Whatever it takes." Strong will, relentless Hye Mi was back.

 

"Hye Mi, N-" before Woo Hyun get to finish his sentence, Hye Mi dashed to left him. Woo Hyun could only just sighed. Once she determined to do something, nothing can stop her.

 

*****

 

About a week are left before their wedding. Everything went normally except Sung Gyu and Hye Jin had voiced out their mutual feelings but Woo Hyun still have feelings for Hye Jin and Hye Mi haven't decided what would she do to repay her soon-to-be husband's deed.

 

"I need to talk to you" Hye Mi's serious voice can be heard on the other line and she ended the phone call briefly a moment after.

 

"Looks like she had decided what to do" Woo Hyun can only obeyed whatever Hye Mi want to do just to repay him for saving her life.

 

>>>

 

"I'll help you ruined Sung Gyu and Hye Jin's wedding" Hearing those words came from Hye Mi, Woo Hyun's jaw literally dropped open - wide.

 

"WHAT THE HELL?"

 

"Yes! I'm not joking Woo Hyun! I know you love my sister. I'll help you to get her as my repayment"

 

"Damn it Hye Mi, are you nuts? You're going to betray your own sister and your mom who had set them together!" Woo Hyun grabbed both Hye Mi's shoulder and shook her vigorously.

 

"I'm fine, Woo Hyun! " Hye Mi began voiced out to him what she had planned. Woo Hyun on the other side was in bemusement, whether to just follow Hye Mi or not. Half of him wanted to but half not. If he wanted to follow her, he knew he will regret it and it felt just wrong just by thinking of it.

 

>>>

 

Confused Woo Hyun had decided to calm himself down by having a nice walk in the botanical garden. Little did he know someone was following him.

 

"Woo Hyun-ah" Someone was calling him from behind, softly.

 

"Hye Jin?" Shocked can be seen written all over his face. " What are you doing here? When did you arrived here?" He shoot her with various questions.

 

" I was following you all the way to here. Look, I have something to talk to you" Woo Hyun gestured her to continue. "I know all about it. From the beginning until now."

 

"know about what?"

 

" About you having a feeling towards me and you planning to ruin my wedding with Sung Gyu" Woo Hyun was clearly shocked and what added to his surprise was that Hye Jin said it calmly, no sense of anger can be traced.

 

"but how?"

 

"I happened to be there when you and Hye Mi was planning to ruin my wedding and I knew you like me because I gave you lollipop when we were little thanks to Hye Mi's sleeping habit - talking to herself"

 

" I'm sorry Hye Jin- ah, I know its wrong if I do that but I can't help it. I love you and I know I'm betraying my dearest cousin, Sun Gyu." Woo Hyun looked defeated.

 

"You don't love me!" Hye Jin stated sternly. " You love Hye Mi! I repeat, Hye Mi. Han Hye Mi. Woo Hyun, I know you said you love me because I gave you candy. But the truth is, it wasn't me at all who gave you lollipop."

 

"What? Then who's the one who gave it to me?"

 

"Hye Mi. She was the one who gave you the lollipop. How? She was just too shy to give it to you so she asked me to give it to you on her behalf." Woo Hyun was lost for word. "and you, you are just confuse between love and like! When I passed you the lollipop, the feelings you experienced wasn't love. It's like! You like me because I gave you lollipop and that also means you also like Hye Mi because she owned the lollipop. You love neither of us!"

 

"What the hell? Earlier, you said I love her and now you said I don't love her! URGGH. Stop making me confuse already." Woo Hyun ruffled his hair as sign of frustration.

 

"You're the one making yourself confuse. You better solve it yourself. Follow you heart" with that Hye Jin left him.

 

"and what the hell does that supposed to mean?" Woo Hyun shouted at slowly disappearing figure of Hye Jin.

 

*****

 

The awaited day had finally arrived. The Sung Gyu and Hye jin were busy preparing. As for Hye Mi who had finished dressing up was busy calling Woo Hyun.

 

"Darn! Nam Woo Hyun pick up you phone!" Hye Mi hissed while listening the ringing sound on the other line.

 

"Hye Jin get ready, you're first" Seung Yeon announced, the plan was, Hye Jin to get married first and then it is Hye Mi's turn making two wedding ceremonies happened in one day.

 

"Damn! I'll just send him massage" Hye Mi whispered to her self.

 

 "Yah, they are going to get married! Why won't you pick up my phonecall? Are you ready? Just go on with the plan I told you. Be ready to object! Got it? Meet me at the planned place. NOW!"

 

"Hye Mi-yah, who are you texting?" Seung yeon called out to Hye Mi

 

"Uhh, my friends sent me congratulation massage." "Omma, I'll watch Hye Jin and Sung Gyu from outside, is that okay?" Hye Mi made an excuses just to meet Woo Hyun

 

"Okay, be careful" with that Hye Mi rushed to their planned meeting place.

 

Arriving at the meeting place, Woo Hyun was nowhere insight. " Where the hell is he?" Hye Mi was pacing back at forth. Once awhile peeking from the curtain to see if the ceremony had started. Minutes passed, but there's no sign of Woo Hyun. "Nam Woo Hyun, where are you?." The music was played signaling the ceremony had started. " Guess, I'll have to do it my self then".

 

" I do" Sung Gyu's vow had been spoken waiting for Hye Jin's turn.

 

"I do" Hye Jin gladly vowed. It then came the awaited moment. A sentence yet to be spoken which will turn the table around.

 

"Any objection?"

 

"Yes" Hye Mi whispered and took a step to pass through the curtain she's been hiding at. The table was turned. Not the way it expected to turn.

 

"Stop it!" Hye Mi's mouth was cuffed with a big hand owned by no other that Nam Woo Hyun. Her arm was held back with his other hand, preventing her to go further.

 

"Woo Hyun!" Hye Mi yanked away from his grip. "Go! Object the wedding! Before its too late" The man was pushed harshly by Hye Mi but he just remained at his position.

 

"Should I?" His face showed no expression but his voice sound hesitating.

 

 "Yes! You love her. Don't let her go." Woo Hyun was staring directly at her. "oh come on Woo Hyun, don't be such a coward!" But to no avail, Woo Hyun did not budge a single step as they had planned. "Woo Hyun! Damn it! Go! Before they are pronounce as husband and wife" Only silent came from Woo Hyun. This made Hye Mi determined to step forward.

 

"I pronounce you as husband and wife" Hye Mi literally froze. Both Sung gyu and Hye Jin were now lawfully wedded.

 

"Looks like I have no chance" Woo Hyun finally spoke

 

"Woo Hyun! You are stupid , letting your mere chance away just like that." Hye Mi was fuming.

 

"Uh huh?" Woo Hyun teased.

 

"You love her. You are ruining your love life"

 

"I love her? I don't think so. Why would I bother save you during the trip if I love Hye Jin?. Why would I tried to take you away from a man who's clearly flirting with you if I love Hye Jin?. Why would I feel butterflies in my stomach when I spend my time with you if I love Hye Jin?"

 

"so, you don't love her?" Confuse can be seen on Hye MI's face.

 

"I love you" those three words. Sound so simple yet difficult to say. Great measure of courage are needed to say those word. Words that completely turning the table around.

 

"you love me?" Hye mi whispered but audible to Woo Hyun.

 

"Yes. I love you. I know the truth already.  It wasn't Hye Jin who gave lollipop to me, it was you and I suppose you know the whole true story when I told you why I like Hye Jin. Yes, I do like Hye Jin, as a friend not love her like a man would." Woo Hyun embraced Hye Mi lovingly.

 

"I'm sorry. I admit I know the truth"

 

"then, why don't tell me?"

 

"I don't know"

 

"Should we get married now?" Woo Hyun let Hye Mi go and stared directly at her.

 

"Y-yes" For the first time ever, Woo Hyun saw Hye Mi blushed.

 

"Sorry, I won't get married to you" Woo Hyun stated seriously.

 

"What?" Hye Mi was at the verge of tear.

 

" You said, your dream marriage is to marry with someone you love. I love you but you don't love me. So, I won't get married to you" Woo Hyun raised his left eyebrow.

 

"Woo Hyun, this is no joke" Hye Mi sighed in relief.

 

"So?"

 

"I love you" Hye Mi finally voiced out her true feeling that she thought never exist for Woo Hyun.

 

"Let's get married now. Shall we?"

 

>>>

 

" I pronounce you as husband and wife" "you may now kiss the bride"

 

"May I?" Gentleman Woo Hyun ask for permission.

 

"Yes, you may" with that both of them sealed lips.

 

"Now, I wouldn't go any further until tonight" Woo Hyun teased after breaking the kiss.

 

"ert!" Hye Mi pinched Him.