Final

Designed for you

I was there. Right infront of her when she needed me the most.

 

It was written clearly in a piece of aging paper. A letter from him to himself. Well, instead of calling it a letter, should we just call it a note to self? Whatever it is, It has important messages of part of his life journey.

 

She was clearly struggling. Struggling to reach out her to hold me dearly in her arms.

 

This man who wrote this letter is a man with great ego. You see, Ego is hard to lose when your pride is on the line – I guess.

 

I could not see her in this state anymore thus I stepped backwards. I felt guity but I need to protect my pride.

 

There, the prove! He even wrote it himself that pride is more important.

 

Dissapointment could be seen on her face. Nonetheless, she still try to hold me.

 

What a strong ego he have! And I respect that woman. For her spirit! She does not give up when it was clear that failure is ahead.

 

Her pleading eyes. It was like a dagger aimed at my heart. It pained me to see her but my pride is more important.

 

What? This man is seriously crazy!

 

I am such a fool.A fool who don't deserve to be loved.

 

Yeah! You are!

 

I dragged my feet faraway from her though I hesitated. I had let my lady, my wonderful lady defeated because of me.

 

You stupid guy! This is why I hate egoistic men!

 

Regret had taken over me only now. I silently promise to myself  "I shan't do that in the future"

 

Only now? You seriously are stupid! Rot in hell you sick man!

 

"Excuse me miss" I looked up to the person speaking. "uh, we are closing in a few minutes"

 

Oh! Yeah! Its already 9PM. I should leave now. I bookmarked the fiction stories and shut down my tablet.

 

"Please come again, Miss" The employee bowed to me.

 

Soon, I arrived at my house. I was tempted to continue reading but I can't because I have work tomorrow.

 

>>>

 

"Good Morning, Yeon honey~"  Min Joon cooed.

 

"Morning too honey" I flashed a smile to Minjoon. Don't get mistaken. Min Joon is no one important to me and please keep this as a secret. He's gay!

 

I placed my periwinkle blue handbag on my desk .

 

"To : Kim Yeon"

 

A letter was placed on my desk together with an A4 black folder. I guess, this is my task for today. I just let the task on the table untouched and strode to the office's kitchen to make my self some coffee.

 

"Make one for me too, please" Min Joon popped into the kitchen. "bittersweet please" and yes I made one for him or else he's not going to shut up and keep blabbering nonsense, annoying the whole office's workforce.

 

After about ten minutes having breakfast I headed back to my desk and opened the letter.

 

Yeon,

 

We have another work to do. This time, We need to get the best cotton fabric. A 100% cotton. Peach colour. And also a high quality burgundy silk. We are not going to make usual dresses in this task. We are going to make a 'One-piece' dress, something we've never try before. Well, Min Joon's group did but not us. 

 

We must start searching for the fabrics as soon as possible. Meet me at the café you always go to at 4PM


-Myungsoo

Ps: In the black folder are some of one-piece design. You should take a look.

 

I opened the folder and look through one by one. I guess it is not that hard to design one piece though. Its just like a normal dress but shorter.

 

"Yeon, did you receive the letter from Myungsoo?" Hae jin peeked from her office room

 

"Yes, where did he go anyway?"

 

"Remember the silver silk dress from your clothing line?" I do remember that one, Miss Sandy requested it for her upcoming prom.

 

"Yeah, what about it?"

 

"unfortunately miss sandy is not satisfied with it because you guys forget to add details" What? We forget? Hey! She did not even mention to add any detail when she first make request! She wanted it to be plain.

 

"Urgh! Seriously!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Instead of thinking about it furthermore, I began to sketch some design for my task. I don't want to make Myungsoo suffer anymore. He literally have to go to Miss Sandy's to get everything in place.

 

>>>

 

"Over here!" Myungsoo who sat at the corner of the café waved at me as soon as I entered the café.

 

I walk past a little child who have chocolate cake smudged all over his face. Cute.

 

"How's the meeting with Miss Sandy?" I placed my handbag beside me near the wall.

 

"I dislike her! So bossy!" He scrunched up his nose in disgust. "We clearly are not at fault. She's the one who wanted it to be plain" He signalled the waitress to come over.

 

"I know! She's annoying but she can't beat Min Joon" We high five-ed each other while laughing.

 

"I would like to have a cup of espresso and a slice of chocolate mousse please" Myungsoo nodded his head towards my direction.

 

"I'll just take a cup of hot chocolate" The waitress the bowed at us.

 

"Just that? Aren't you hungry?" Myungsoo raised his eyebrows at me.

 

"Nah~" I took out my tablet and connect to the internet and began to continue reading fiction story last night. Myungsoo just sat silently while resting his chin on his hand.

 

"Do you like the story that much?" I just nodded and began to browse another story by the same author. My eyes lit up when he posted a new story.

 

She brought up the light in my doomed life. She's like a new hope for me.

 

Sweet. let's just hope it is not a heartbreaking story just like the previous one.

 

I secretly hoped she would look into my direction. I secretly hoped she would feel the thumping of my heart.

 

I hope she does too!

 

Everyday I stand beside her yet I feel so far to even touch her.

 

Is she playing hard to get?

 

"Miss, your order" the waitress from earlier placed my order infront of me. I thanked her. "Here you go, Sir" She placed Myungsoo's order on the table.

 

"Let's devour it!" Myungsoo announced. "want some?" He handed me the spoon. I shook in protest. "come on! Chocolate gives you energy! We need to prepare ourselves for later" He's demanding! Well, A bite won't kill you right?

 

"Thanks" I wiped my mouth with the napkins. "By the way, I sketch some design for the one piece, would you like to see it?" He nodded in agreement.

 

I took all 5 sketches an showed him one by one. "oh! I like that one!" He pointed the third sketch with his spoon. I agreed with him. I like the third one too.

 

"I like it too. But we have to depends on customer's request you know. Who knows they might one something different" I shrugged "eh! You haven't tell me exactly how they want it!"

 

He just shrugged and continue devouring his cake and took a sip of his drink. "He didn't state it exactly how but all he wants is a one piece"

 

We discussed some more before going to the fabric some and start our little adventure.

 

>>>

 

"How bout this one, Yeon?" Myungsoo showed me the peach cotton fabric. I just stare at it. Speechless. "yeon? Hello~" Myungsoo waved the fabric in front of me.

 

"Oh! Sorry!"

 

"So?" he stared at me. I just stared him back. There you go, our telepathy, we both nodded like crazy to this fabric. Its perfect!

 

We took longer time to search for the silk than wee took for searching the cotton one. There are too many high quality silk to choose from.

 

It was around 9:30 PM when we finished shopping for all of the materials needed.

 

"We're here" Myungsoo gave me ride.

 

"Thank You" I nodded my head at him as a respect.

 

"sure thing! Sleep tight! We gonna have crazy day tomorrow" He smiled. I just chuckled and went out of the car.

 

"Bye!" I waved at him as soon as I stepped out of his luxurious car. That dude is rich but he's humble. I then walk towards my doorstep

 

"Hey Yeon!" Myungsoo literally shouted from his car and rolled the window down further. "Don't let the bed bugs bite you!"

 

"Lame!" I shouted back. He just smiled and drove off.

 

>>>

 

"Missy, Missy" Min Joon walk past my station towards Jae and clings onto him. I told you that he's gay!

 

"Hey Yeon!" A file was slapped onto my table. I looked up to the culprit. Myungsoo."Ready?" He raised and eyebrow. I just nodded and head off to his station.

 

You see, Our company divides us in a groups to finish a task. Since they are only 5 expert in dresses, we were divided into two groups Mine and MinJoon's. In my group, Myungsoo is the 'boss'  but that's not important though because what we all think off is the power of group work.

 

>>>

 

"Pfft" I blew my bangs and sat on Myungsoo's comfy leather chair. I reached for my bag on the edge of Myungsoo's table and took out my tablet.

 

"Reading again?" He is still concentrating on the task. He can be a workaholic at times.

 

"yup! And you should rest you know. You've been standing for three hours straight. You might get dizzy." He just shrugged and drag a chair and sit opposite of me.

 

"What's so fun about that author?" He rubbed his drowsy eyes.

 

"He wrote amazing stories" Myungsoo stared at me indicating to explain more further. "I don't know exactly why I like his stories, Its just that his writings attracts me" Myungsoo just nodded and then took a nap while I continue to read.

 

>>>

 

"Yes! 70% is done!" Our task due date is next week and we still have quite more time to finish. I like making one piece now since it takes less time to design then the usual dress.

 

"yup! We work quite fast this time" He sipped his coffee while looking at the clothes. Satisfaction can be seen in his eyes.

 

"Wanna grab some lunch? My treat'" I asked Myungsoo.

 

"Ey? Aren't you stingy? Why all of sudden?" he asked teasingly

 

"I'm not stingy okay! I'm just broke!"

 

"Broke? Right! A broke woman who shops everyday!"

 

"are you coming or not?" I ignored him and walk towards the exits.

 

"coming!" He trailed behind me.

 

>>>

 

The due date is today! Yay! The one piece turned out very well and our company's CEO even praised our job. We did quite well.

 

"Is the customer gonna pick it or we have to send it?"

 

 I texted Myungsoo who was lounging in his office room.

 

"We have to send it. I'll send it. You go rest."

 

Thank you! I was hoping to get some rest from all of this tiring works even just for a few minutes!

 

"Why do you text me? Why don't you just walk to my office?"

 

 Myungsoo sent me a text. I replied that I'm too lazy to walk to his office room even it is just two rooms away from mine.

 

"Wanna have dinner? Lamb Chop? Bulgogi?"

 

He must be happy today to even treat me to a dinner

 

"That's the only choice? Lamb chop and bulgogi?"

 

"Nah~ you can order anything. My treat ;)"

 

"okay~ but let's just go for bulgogi, yes? xD"

 

"Yes boss!"

 

That evening, He called me to meet him at the usual café.

 

"Come!" Myungsoo grabbed my wrist and dragged me out as soon as he arrived at the café.

 

"Where to?"

 

"Saloon!" He flashed a reassuring smile. I just followed him.

 

>>>

 

"Here she is! Dress her up!" Myungsoo lightly pushed me towards this dude. He reminds me of Min Joon. They have the same style.

 

"Oh! Dear! You're stunning" Yup! He definitely the same kind as Min Joon is! Only slightly taller.

 

He made a magnificent work on my hair. I've never curled my hair since my high school prom. I like his make up too. Its natural.

 

"Okay,time to show you up" He dragged me towards Myungsoo "How's she?"

 

"Brilliant!" Myungsoo praised that Min Joon species. "Do you like it?" He asked as soon as that dude walked away.

 

"Yes I do. I love it. He really did an amazing job though he is as annoying as Min Joon" Myungsoo chuckled.

 

"What can I say? He's Min Joon's species"

 

"My thought exactly!" I high five-ed him

 

"Chop! Chop! Chop! Enough fooling around you two and I heard you!" Opps! Sorry min Joon's species. "I'm gonna let it pass this time. Come my darling, we need to dress you up" He dragged me towards the dressing room.

 

>>>

 

"That man outside did a good job in picking dress! He's an expert!" Ray, That's his name. He praised Myungsoo . "Here you go~"

 

This is crazy but Ray just handed me one piece. The one piece that Myungsoo and I worked on! What? Or its just my imagination? I'm just gonna wear it and showered Myungsoo with questions later.

 

>>>

 

"Where are we going?" I asked Myungsoo who has his eyes focused on the road.

 

"For a dinner" He answered plainly.

 

"Come one Myung! You just give me a huge heart attack with this one piece" Yes! He's the one who requested this one-piece. He said it is special gift for me. Gift? Right! I made it too okay. But, Its so sweet of him.Thank you Myung!

 

"We've been in this car for about 25 minutes now"

 

"Why don't you just keep quite and starts to read?" He's right. Rather than ranting, I should continue reading!

 

Oh! continuation! This author is awesome.

 

I finally did it.

 

OMG!! HE confessed?

 

I haven't make the next step but at least I could fell I'm more closer to the light.

 

Oh! He haven't confessed yet!

 

She will eventually be mine. My light.

 

"Okay~ you gotta stop miss!" We arrived in a big house and full of people. Is this even a restaurant?

 

"Where are we?"

 

"My home" He offered his arm and I slid my arm through.

 

"Welcome Home Myungsoo" "Myungsoo hyung! I miss you!" "Myungsoo! Long time to see bro!" Everyone is greeting Myungsoo in excitement.

 

"Omma! Appa" Myungsoo dragged me towards his parents. " This is Yeon. Kim Yeon"

 

"This is her? She's beautiful" I bowed at his parents. We chit chat for a while. His family is friendly and funny. I felt like at home.

 

Myungsoo then dragged me to this pavilion where he's going to give speech.

 

"Everybody, I'm home" Everyone cheered. "I brought someone with me tonight" Myungsoo glanced at me. "Her name is Kim Yeon" He held my hand. "and she's my girlfriend" what? Since when? I was dumbfounded that I end up staring at him like crazy. He just flashed a smile. Everyone cheered at the emntion of 'My Girlfriend'

 

I'll let the girlfriend things pass because it is time to eat. I'm too hungry to think of anything right now.

 

>>>

 

"Hey" Myungsoo tapped me on the shoulder lightly. I was sitting at the backyard of his house for about 10 minutes now. The rest of his family is dancing in the house. I’m not saying that I don't like socializing with them but I need some fresh air.

 

"What's all this Myungsoo?" I asked him.

 

"What do you think?" He faced me.

 

"Another crazy surprise of yours?"

 

"You're tensed" I am now. Who won't? with all these things.

 

"Why don't you just relax and go read something" Right! I'm not in the mood to argue right now so I headed to the chair where I left my bag. Myungsoo trailed behind me.

 

I switched on my tablet. Myungsoo was sitting beside me.

 

Those three magic words. I need to say it.

 

Yes! You Must! SAY IT!

 

She is so beautiful in that burgundy and peach one piece.

 

EH?? 

 

Yeon, You're reading this. My light is reading this.

 

What? Me? Am I seeing things?

 

I am your man. I had claimed you tonight. I, Kim Myungsoo had claimed you, Kim Yeon in front of my family.

 

"Myungsoo?" I re-read that line again for confirmation. I turned to my left. Myungsoo was smiling.

 

"It was me all along" He just flashed a smile.

 

"Myung! I had enough of your surprises! Just tell me everything!"

 

"Everything?" I nodded "I have tell you everything except for one" what now?

 

"What is it?"

 

"I love you" Kim Myungsoo had just say it and he just planted a kiss on my left cheek

 

"Myung?" He grabbed my tablet and typed something on it.

 

"Now read!" I did as instructed.

 

I finnaly said the magic words to her. I love you, Kim Yeon.