To be loved

Beautiful love affair.

 

"Jae, I'm going out soon, I'm gonna need your credit card, darling." Young Jae chirped as her arm slides around his neck and sits down on his lap. Jae sighed as he pushed her away, standing up to his feet. He fished his wallet out of his back pocket and took out one of his credit cards. He threw it to the couch and looked away. She took the card and uttered an 'I love you.' as the front door closes behind her.

 

 

"Heh." he scoffed. "What do you know about love?" he said to the empty room. He sighed for the second time then walked out the door, approaching his sweet ride. The engine roared beautifully after he hit the 'start' button. He then drove off to his most favourite place in the world - Hyena's apartment.

 

 

"Baby, what's wrong?" Hyena asked her moody boyfriend as she shut the front door of her apartment. Jae stayed silent as he walked to the living room and sit on the sofa, making himself comfortable. She have a feeling that this has something to do with that woman. Hyena walked to her boyfriend and sits on his lap while her left hand is playing with his hair and her right hand is placed on his left shoulder. "Baby, tell me what's wrong. What did she do this time?" Hyena asked again.

 

 

A third sigh escaped Jae's lips as he looked at the beautiful creature in front of him. 'Why did I listen to them? Why didn't I just marry this beautiful girl instead of that worthless woman? I want her. No, I need her. I need her to be with me. It's only when I'm with her that I know the meaning of love. It's only when I'm with her that I know what it feels to be loved. Pure love. I know that she loves me for who I am. Not for my money, not for my status, but she loves me for who I am. She loves me because I am me.' his thoughts were interrupted when he feels her warm hands cupped his face.

 

 

"Baby, no secrets, remember?" she uttered. "God, I love you so much." he said as he hugged her tight. "And I love you so much more. Buy baby, don't change the subject." she stated as she looked him in the eyes. "She told me that she's going out and that she needed my credit card. After I gave it to her, she said that she loves me and then she left." Jae replied. "That's like a daily routine. That has never bothered you before, why is today any different?" Hyena questioned. "She said she loves me. Is she even capable of love? Does she know what love means? When she said that, I feel so low, so cheap. It's disgusting having to hear those words from every time I gave her my card or money. I feel disgusted." Jae explained.

 

 

"Oh, baby, don't say that. You're nothing like her. The only who is supposed to feel so low and so cheap is her. You're nowhere near low and cheap. Just don't think about it, baby. Just throw it away. Don't think about it." Hyena uttered as she hugged her boyfriend. "I'm sorry for marrying her. I really am." Jae apologized. "Baby, you don't have to apologize. It's okay. You're just being a good son to your parents. It's okay. I'm not mad at all." she stated.

 

 

"You're not mad, but don't tell me that you're not hurt whenever I have to leave you for her." Jae said. It was Hyena's turn to stay silent. "I know you're hurt. Really hurt. I am probably the worst boyfriend ever. I've hurt you so many times and yet you still stayed by my side. How can you stand me? How can you not despise me? I know you cry yourself to sleep every night because I was there with her instead of being here with you. I am sorry that I wasn't there to wipe your tears, I'm sorry that I wasn't there to tell you it's okay and that I will always be with you." Jae apologized again.

 

 

"Baby, baby, its okay. I forgive you. Our love is my strength. Knowing that you and I will always be together makes me stronger and stronger." Hyena uttered. Jae's hand reached her chin and pulled her face closer to his. Their lips met and everything feels alright.