Surprise.

Forgotten.

 

Part Four:
       Surprise.
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Do you remember your name?”
 
“Uhhhh….”
 
“What’s two times seven?”
 
“It’s fourteen right?” I sighed loudly.
 
“Come on Tiff let’s get you cleaned up first, we’ll worry about the rest later” I shuffled my arms and picked her up bridal style, her arms instinctively wrapping around my neck as I carried her across the room and squeezed out the hole in the door.
 
“Tiff…..is that my name?” she mumbled into my shoulder
 
“Yeah, your name’s Tiffany, but people like to call you Tiff or Tiffy”
 
“Okay”
 
I trudged with her up the hallway before sitting her on the dining table, her thin legs hanging over the dark mahogany edge and she swung them subconsciously as I went to get some medical supplies.
 
 I traipsed down the hallway almost in a drunken fashion, my brain refusing to carry out normal activities, refusing to register what has just happened and by the time I returned with my arms full of bandages, disinfectant and what not I was crying again. The salty liquid falling over my lips and leaving the taste that had been familiar as of recent.bTiffany was fumbling with the edge of her tank top when I returned and I placed the supplies on the carpet near the table before kneeling down in front of her, looking up at her with blurred, teary vision.
 
“Tiffy, what do you remember?” she stared at me with blank eyes, looking like she way about to start crying too.
 
“Anything?”
 
“I-I don’t know it’s like….“ I felt anger start to boil but it faded away to a dull ache, a longing for the past.
 
“Describe it to me, how does it feel?”
 
“It’s like….” She rose her eyes to the ceiling, looking for the words to describe it.
 
“It’s like the location is missing, I can go searching but….I can’t see through the storm clouds and the rain. There’s a rough stinging at the back of my head and a hole, a huge gaping rip….” She trailed off, tears falling and I stood up, wrapping her in my arms and she just rested her head in the crook of my neck, arms limp at her side.
 
“I’ll sew it up, Ill fix it, I’ll fill it. It’ll all be okay”
 
“But uhhh….” She stumbled over my name which I was still yet to tell her
 
“Oppa how can you fill the empty space when we don’t know what’s missing?” she sobbed into my shoulder and I her hair gently, still crying myself.
 
“We’ll figure it out, together. I promise. Now let’s just concentrate on getting you fixed up first, arraso?” she nodded and I pulled away from her raven strands, reaching down to grab some cotton balls, soaking them with disinfectant before dabbing them all over the multiple cuts and lacerations, wiping away the dirt and chemicals from the lab. 
 
Kyungsoo’s mind swirled as he patched up what he held dear, bandaging and cleaning, kissing each wound better; earning a smile and a few giggles from the girl but his face remained dull, emotionless, hopeless. He was still bandaging her wrists when the sharp sounds of the key in the lock of the front door echoed throughout the rooms and hallways. The grumbles of none other than Tiffany’s brother ringing out as he struggled to open the it.
 
“Oh , I thought Kai was coming back until tomorrow! Oh ” I cursed loudly, bashing my head into the table and sighing as the definite click sounded and the door flew open. A thud sounded as Kai’s messenger bag hit the floor near the door and pounding footsteps flew up the hallway.
 
“Hey Tiffy! Where are you sweet cakes? Got kicked out of Baekhyun’s house again, his mum was going on about how she didn’t want gay, rich, ballerina guys in her house. Did you save me some pizza by any chance?” he babbled along before appearing in the door way, his face bright and smiling as always, not that it lasted long……
 
“T-t-t-t” his voice trembled “Tiffy? Noona….” His eyes began to tear up and soon the inky pupils turned to glare at me with such a force I thought I was going to shatter, this was all too much. I laid my head back down onto the table sobbing into the wood by Tiffany’s thigh. Within three stomps a pair of hands were at my hood and I was yanked painfully into the air.
 
What did you do!” he growled into my ear but my head hung limply, I didn’t even know what to say. How do you tell your girlfriend’s brother, TWIN brother, that you upset her so much that she erased all her memories and almost killed herself at the same time?! I can’t even begin to explain….
 
Answer me D.O!” but he wasn’t just Tiffany’s brother, he was her best friend…..and mine too.
 
When I still said nothing he threw me off the table into the wall and I just sunk to the floor with a thud, coughing into the carpet, the impact leaving me slightly winded. Wrapping an arm around my contracted chest I rose slowly to my feet, leaning and gripping on the wall with my spare hand. With a tearful glance at his noona Kai stormed back over to me, slamming his fist into my jaw and a small scream came from Tiffany. My head slammed back into the wall and I could feel my jaw start to swell, blood trickling out the corner of my mouth, Kai always could throw a good punch.
 
ing talk Kyungsoo!” he emphasised his words by slamming his hands on the wall either side of my head, his furious black eyes staring at me, his face inches from mine.
 
“I know you couldn’t have hurt her so who! Tell me! How did this happen? Kyungsoo please, tell me” his tanned face glistened with tears as he continued to stare at me, his gaze never faltering and when I didn’t reply he punched me again, a desperate scream escaping his throat, the hoarse sound echoing in the quiet house. I could hear Tiffany crying her eyes out behind us, sobbing something along the lines of 'please stop'. Kai turned away from me, taking a step towards his sister and I fell to the ground in pain and exhaustion.
 
“Tiffy-baby, what happened, please, tell me” Tiffany choked loudly before putting her head in her hands and crying again. I managed to haul my form into a half sitting position and I spat to the side before beginning, red staining the carpet.
 
“We had an argument…” the words came out warped and mumbled thanks to my swelling face, Kai turned to face me and I just wanted to shoot myself at the sight of his desperate expression
 
“And I accused her of something that wasn’t true”.  Kai instantly stormed over, kicking me in the side so I fell to the floor, before he placed his socked foot heavily over my neck.
 
What. Did. You. Do.” Tiffany screamed something again and ran out the room and down the hall.
 
“Tiffy!…” Kai whispered after her but she’d already disappeared into some room. I struggled to continue with my swollen face and Kai’s foot on my throat.
 
“I found out the truth a little while after and came round here to apologise, but she’d already forgotten….” Kai dropped his foot and collapsed to the ground, his frame shaking as he curled around himself, already guessing the rest.
 
“She……she used the machine Kai, and I don’t know how to fix it….” I in a chortled breath before gesturing down the hall with a weak hand, displaying the broken door to him.
 
“I’m so sorry…” the last bit came out as a whisper as my eyes sunk to the floor, one of them swelling shut anyways.
 
“Tifanny…..”
 
“Kai I…..”
 
“You promised me, you promised me you wouldn’t hurt her and I believed you, I trusted you. Kyungsoo for years you have been one of my best friends…..how….” he trailed off.
 
“Kai I can fix it…I…”
 
“Get out of my sight…”
 
“Kai please….”
 
GET OUT!!” he screamed before rising to his feet and sprinting off down the hallway, wiping at his face and calling his sisters name.
 
How could I have stuffed up so bad…
 
“Tiffany please say you remember who I am, please say it…”
 
How could I have harmed everyone I held dear…
 
“I don’t know who you are! I don’t know who any of you are! I don’t know where I am, I don’t know what I had for breakfast yesterday or when my Mum’s birthday is. I don’t even know who I am!! There’s a huge gaping hole in my mind and I don’t know what’s missing!”
 
How could a mere ballerina….
 
“I’m Kai, your brother. Your twin, please..,Tiffy…”
 
Have blinded me so bad
 
“Just all of you, leave me alone!!”
 
Caused me to destroy the most important things…
 
The most important people…..
 
 
 
A door slammed and I heard Kai scream before I climbed to my shaky feet, the world spinning. I made it to the front door and threw it open, trudging into the cool night wind and slipping and sliding on the pebbles coating the driveway.
 
Where do you go…..
 
I made it to the front gate before my legs gave out and I fell to the rocks in a heap, the dark sky spinning before my eyes before they slowly flickered shut, the starless sky etched forever behind my eyelids.