Chapter 1

B.A.P + Matoki

“Jung Daehyun, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong!”

“Quick, hide!”

The stomping of Himchan blasted through the stairs as the mother of the group walked furiously to the three boys. He glared at the broken lamp, then to the culprits.

“How many times have I told you not to play soccer in the house? You broke the lamp again!” He shouted, throwing dramatic hand gestures.

The oldest boy blinked. “Um…how many times did we break the lamp?”

“Four!”

“That’s probably how many times you told us not to play…”

Himchan growled. He took a deep breath and let it out. “Calm down, Kim Himchan. Wrinkles will appear. Wrinkles, wrinkles.” He opened his eyes and looked at the two. “You three are so grounded.”

“But, but-“

“No buts. You three are going to clean up every single glass, you hear me?!”

“Yeobo, what’s with all the shouts?” Yongguk appeared after his afternoon nap. He scratched the back of his head lazily with a yawn before wrapping his hands around Himchan’s waist.

“They broke the lamp again after countless times of me telling them not to play in the house!”

Yongguk chuckled. “Yeobo, I’m sure they’ll find a way to repair the lamp. Youngjae can help, can’t he? I mean, he is the smart one after all.”

“Who’s the smart one?” Youngjae asked, walking down the stairs. He blinked at the two oldest members, the two youngest, Daehyun, and then the broken lamp. “Ohhh…I’m the smart one.”

Himchan groaned and hugged the third youngest. “Oh, Youngjae sweetie, why can’t they be as perfect as you?”

“I’m not perfect?...” They heard Jongup ask in a small voice. He blinked innocently at Himchan, his lips forming into a pout. “I tried to stop Daehyun hyung from playing…”

“Awww, Jongup, of course you’re still my perfect child!~” Himchan cooed, as if his anger disappeared in a second. He looked at Junhong. “And you’re my baby, how can I possibly be mad with you? I bet you were just influenced by Daehyun!~”

“And then it all leads to you.” Yongguk said, 360 turn to Daehyun. “So…how ya gonna clean this up?”

Daehyun sighed. “I’ll use my own money to buy a new lamp….again.” He looked over at the two maknaes, who were cuddled in Himchan’s arms. “Whimps.” He whispered before getting mehrongs from the two.

“Come on, Daehyun. I’ll go with you.” Youngjae sung, smiling at the older boy.

“Ah, Youngjae. You’re the only one I can trust.”

“No. I’m just trying to look good in front of Yongguk hyung and Himchan hyung. I’m the smart one, remember?”

“No you’re not.”

“Himchan umma! Who’s the smart one?”

“Why, of course it’s you, Youngjae sweetie.”

Youngjae smirked, looking at Daehyun. “You got schooled!!!~~~”

“Argh!”

“Oh gosh, it’s so fun making him mad. He looks like a wild turkey.” Youngjae said before skipping towards his favorite hyung.

But as soon as Daehyun opened the door, Youngjae noticed the boy disappeared. “D-Daehyun?”

“Down here…”

He looked at the floor, where Daehyun fell face first after he tripped over a small box. “Oh my gosh! Daehyun! Get up, you’re ruining the box!”

“…sure! You care about the box.”

And with that, Youngjae pushed the other boy to the side and brought it into the dorm. “Hyungs, look what I found.”

“You didn’t really find it.” Daehyun said. “I tripped over it, you’re welcome.”

“What is it?” Jongup asked, peeping over Youngjae’s shoulder.

As Youngjae began opening the box, the whole group was silent, curiosity in their minds. “Oh, they’re gifts from a fan.” He said, reading the fan letter. “And she made these amazing Matoki’s for us. Cool.”

Junhong picked up his own Matoki, examining it. “She did it pretty well. It looks alive.”

“Aw! This is adorable! Look at my little Tatsmato! He’s so gorgeous! Wait, we’re both grogerous!” Himchan exclaimed, hugging his little bunny tightly.

As the boy was oblivious, Daehyun scooted next to their leader. “What do you even see in him?” He whispered in a disgusted voice.

Yongguk chuckled. “Everything.” He answered looking at Himchan as if he was staring at an angel.

~

“Dinner!” Himchan’s voice sung throughout the dorm and giggled as the kids rushed in within seconds. “Here’s your favorite dinners, for my three loving sons, Yonggukkie, and you too Daehyun.”

“Wah? I’m not one of the loving sons?”

“Not after you borke my lamp again.” Himchan snapped back. “And you’re lucky I made you some cheesecake for after dinner. Now eat.”

If the word peaceful meant almost destroying the kitchen, then dinner was peaceful. Jongup had accidently squirt ketchup to Daehyun’s cheesecake by a bite of his burger, and then, well, it didn’t end so well.

“He started it.” Daehyun said, wiping cream off his cheek. “I’m going to go take a shower and sleep.”

Himchan sighed. He was all out of energy to scold the boy, instead he looked over to Yongguk and pouted.

“Don’t look at me. I’m still eating.”

“Argh, some father you are.”

“Hey, when a father gotta eat, then gotta eat.”

It was a while after the lights of the dorm turned off, preparing to sleep. Himchan crawled onto his separated bed after coming from the maknaes room, the image of the sleeping Junhong hugging his Totomato still unbearable.

He looked at over Yongguk, who seemed like he was already asleep.

“Why are you staring at me?” Yongguk suddenly asked with his eyes still closed, as if he was psychic.

“Wah, I wasn’t!”

“Yeah you were. What’s wrong?”

“I…I was wondering if I could sleep with you…” Himchan said, his voice low.

“You’re not trying to touch me, right?”

“What?! Of course not! I’m just cold.”

“I’m joking. Come here.” Yongguk said in a positive tone. He made some room next to him and watched as Himchan climbed onto his bed. “How come your bed is so much warmer than mine?”

“It just is.” Yongguk said, turning off the lamp. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight Yongguk.”

~

Bam!

Himchan was suddenly woken up when there was a loud sort of explosion from downstairs. “Yongguk, Yongguk, wake up.” He whispered, shaking the older boy.

“Hm? What’s wrong?”

“I heard something downstairs. I think someone’s here.”

“It’s probably just the kids.”

“I don’t think so. Come on, I don’t wanna go alone.”

Yongguk sighed and sat up. “Alright.”

With quiet footsteps, they walked downstairs. “Something’s wrong.” Himchan said. He looked at the living room. “Why is the TV on?”

“Daehyun probably forgot to turn it off. Stupid kid.”

Himchan reluctantly agreed, switching the device off. “Oh gosh!” He shouted, holding his chest after noticing a figure on the couch. “Why is Totomato on the couch?”

“Eh, Junhong probably left it.”

“No. I saw him hug Toto to sleep. Why is it here...it’s…in a different position too.”

“They’re stuff toys. Of course they’ll never be in the same position.”

“I guess…” The younger boy said, walking back to Yongguk but not before looking at the dining room. “Hey…that’s Kekemato and Jokomato, isn’t that?” He aske,d pointing to the white and yellow bunny on the chairs.

“The kids left it there. Come on.”

They placed back the bunnies in their original spots before going to sleep.

~

It was about 3 in the morning when someone had stepped out of the maknae’s room. “That was close.” The figure said. “Psst, guys, you can come out now, quietly.”

Slowly, the three doors opened almost at once. “Sure, Dada, why don’t you say that a little bit louder so that everyone can hear?” A boy said, leaning on the wall. “Dang, that Daehyun can snore. I can’t believe Youngjae can sleep through all that.”

“He’s wearing earplugs, Joko.” Another one said to the second boy. “Where’s Toto?”

“Toto here!” The baby blue boy said, crawling underneath the first boy who was named Dadamato. “Toto under Dada!”

“Shush, Toto!” A pink one said, picking up the baby. “You don’t want to walk up the humans.”

“Toto sorry.”

“Well, I’m going to go to the couch. No point standing here talking when they can hear us any moment.” Joko said, brushing his blonde bangs to the side and walking downstairs.

He plopped onto the couch with a huff of breath and threw his legs onto the table before turning on the TV. “Keke, would you be a dear and passed me the popcorn?” He asked boringly, his eyes not leaving the television as he continue to flip the channel.

“What? It’s right next to you. You’re so lazy.”

“Wah, I’m not lazy! I’m just resting for when I get older! Got a lot of things planned. And besides, you’re a girl remember?”

Kekemato rolled his eyes. “Please, that’s how the company created the bunny Kekemato. We all know the real Kekemato is a guy!”

“Yeah, yeah sure thing babe.”

“Shut up!” Keke shouted, stomping off towards the others, not noticing Joko’s laughter. “Shishi, Joko is being annoying again. Can I punch him?”

“Keke, remember that we made a rule we’re not allowed to punch Joko anymore? Remember what happened last time?”

Keke groaned. “Please, a black hole that up the whole world only happens once.”

“Look, Keke,” Tats said, his pink bunny ears flopping around. “We’re---“

“Quickly, hide!!!” Dada shouted as he ran to the others. “Jongup is coming!”

“Oh it’s just Jongup, he can’t find a way out even if there was a bright exit sign right in front of him.” Joko said, a popcorn about to land into his mouth when Keke had pulled him and they both hid in the balcony.

“Say one more thing, and I’ll snap that mouth off.” He said scarily. “Got it?”

Joko’s eyes widened and nodded. He clutched onto Keke’s shirt and watched as Jongup walked down the stairs.

The boy yawned after swallowing a glass of water. He was about to walk back upstairs before noticing a green sight. “What’s this?”

He walked right in front of Dadamato. “Is this a mirror?” Jongup asked himself, raising his hand, dancing around and smiled as Dadamato complied. “I didn’t even know we had a mirror here.”

“Oh for goodness sakes, we’re not even wearing the same clothes!” Dada shouted, startling the human.

“W-Wah? Who are you?!”

“Great, you blew our cover, Dada.” Shishimato suddenly appeared behind the couch. “Now what we going to do?”

“Wait, Shishi.” Tats said, handing over sleeping Toto over to the red matoki. “Jongup, do you know who we are?”

“Um…the...power rangers?

“Really? Again?!” Joko shouted. “How come everyone mistakes us for the stupid Power Rangers. They’re not even real for Christ sakes!”

“Then…who are you people?” Jongup asked again. “And why…do you guys look like us.”

“Well…who….are…you?” Tats said, hoping that a plan will develop soon since they already knew who B.A.P were.

“We’re B.A.P!” Jongup shouted happily. “Why do you guys look like us?”

“Uh, that’s because…we’re…we’re…circus clowns! Clowns, yeah that works. Yeah we’re clowns! Tah-dah!”

“Oh! Okay, well, I’m going to go back to sleep. Bye!” Jongup waved, going back upstairs but stopped. “Wait…why are clowns in our dorm? ...“Hyungs!!!!”

The others appeared after a while, to find a scared Jongup still staring at the unfamiliar figures. “Who are you?” Yongguk demanded, standing in front of his dongsaengs.

“You don’t need to know.” Shishimato retaliated as his arms were protecting the others.

Yongguk glared. “I think I do. Tell me now and I might just not call the police.”

“We’re you.”