CRAZY MONDAY

A Deal of Hearts

A bright beam of sunlight directly stung her eyes right before she turned away from the wide French styled windowoverlooking some parts of the city of Taipei.Ella glanced at the wall clock in her office reading thetime, fifteen minutes past seven in the morning.

“A week without sleep again.” then she sighed, well at least I’m done with work, She said to herself as she walk acrossthe huge room, walls painted with beige accents to reach foher fifth cup of brewed strong coffee which is settled at a huge rectangular mahogany table located at the end of the office opposite the double French doors which was at the other end.Ella was about to take a sip of her hot drink when loud thud of footsteps nearing her office caught her attention.



Hey! How was work my sleepless sweetheart?  The tall, slender lady asked as she passed through the door.


“Its fine Sell”


Ella replied with a weak smile as she handed the cup back to the table. Well, what brought you here anyways?

“Nothing much” Selina replied while eyeing Ella intently. “I heard that you’ve been camping here for a week! Did you evergot home!?! Ella was surprised with Selina’s sudden change of mood from a calm greeting now she sounded like her motherbombarding her with nonstop questions. I…I..g..ot…I.. Ella couldn’t complete her stuttering as she was toppled

with yet another question from Selina. “Jiro called me last night and he told me that there’s nothing into your stomach but caffeine!! I also asked Miranda about it, she told me that you only ask for coffee and you barely grab a bite! I bet you haven’t eaten breakfast!

Selina continued as she walks to where Ella stands.


“Look at  you, you’re too pale. It’s like air and blood were out of your system! Suddenly, hot tears started streaming downher cheeks and this made Ella worry about her friend thanshe ever was to herself.


“Shush…..come on stop that, you’re over reacting Ella said as she pulled Selina into a tight embrace. “ No! I’m not! Selina whined. “It is because I care so much about you.” she said between sobs. Hebe wants to come over here too butcouldn’t make it, She’s got a new job with Vogue Hong Kong as an associate editor.


“Yeah, I knew about that, she told me over the phone. She also kept on nagging me about my so called “hazardous work’ and encouraged me to go on vacation.


Hahaha! Too bad, I can’t do that now with my “kind” of work, Chen Advertising Co. CEO.Whatever Ellie, my point is you needed rest; you’ve been like this for four years! you should reconsider that vacation thing, maybe you can go to Ibiza, Spain or experience the South American sun in Rio or…”Okay, okay. Ella cut her friend’s blabbering before it goes to nowhere. “


I’m starving; can we go now and get  something to eat?” 



------------------------------------------------------------


The two ladies pulled over a fancy restaurant where Selina made reservations with. As soon as the two took their sits, different French dishes were served at their table together with the restaurant’s finest wine.

Elle. Did you like It.? Yeah, Ella retorted. “All the dishes taste nice except for that one”


Ella spoke as she pointed at the platter of food which shedidn’t even tasted. “Soft-Shelled Crabs Meunière” You don’t like it? Selina was puzzled for a moment. “And you know why Selina” Ella eyed her with a serious look  Selina burst out laughing,


“I nearly forgot” She said smiling playfully and said.


“Just like when we were five”

------------------
FLASHBACK
------------------


Kindergarten days…

Little Ella, Selina and Hebe were playing around the zoo when a small pond with blurry waters caught their attention.


” Why is there no animal in there?’ little Ella  wondered.


“Want to take a peek?” Little Selina and Hebe suggested. Soon enough they have reached the pond and little Ella beingthe brave one, decided to dip her right hand to find outwhat’s inside the blurry pond.

Ouuchhhh!! “It bit me! It bit me!” Ella shouted as she raised her hand that was bitten by the crab’s claws.” It’s a  crab! A huge crab! The two other girls chorused.


“Get it off my hand!”


little Ella cried as she moved herbitten hand now bleeding in front of Hebe’s face. “No! Idon’t want that shoo! shoo! Hebe tried to stay away from itby hiding herself at Selina’s back.

“Yaay!!! Not me! Not  me!"


She said with a trembling, high pitched voice. Then the three ended up running around in circles with the three ofthem crying there hearts out.

-------------------
END OF FLASHBACK
-------------------



“Nothing’s funny about it Sel”


Ella said, seriously pouting her lips while disgustingly looking at the crab dish. “Noway! Everything’s funny! Remember when Butler Shin found us,you wouldn’t stop crying even if that stupid crab wasalready taken away.Selina reminisced, and didn’t you notice the expression on Butler Shin’s face? You can’t guess if he’s gonna cry,  laugh, shiver when your Grandpa finds out.     


“It was priceless”

“Why on earth would I bother about it’ when my hand wouldn’t stop bleeding even though it’s already bandaged, and my eyes were really bloodshot from nonstop crying.”


“Hebe and I really thought that you’re brave enough’ Selina said smirking.

“Whatever!” was Ella’s only reply, obviously defeated by

Selina’s words.



------------------------------------------------------------



After the scrumptious meal and remembering their childhood blues, the two made their way out the restaurant, now heading to the parking lot. The two got in Ella’s silver  Ford Mustang and drove off.

“This is your new ride, isn’t it?  ” yeah," Ella said shortly focusing on the road.

” You bought it?” Selina asked.

” no”

Someone gave it to you?

“Yes”

“Oh my God” Lee Hom gave you this coupe!


Selina gleefullycried out, blushing at the thought of one of Taiwan’s most eligible man. “You are a one lucky girl Ella!”“Will you shake it off?” Lee Hom didn’t gave me anything, Grandpa did. Ella said calmly, still focusing on their backto her office. ”Oh..really” Selina was obviouslydisappointed, it’s written all over her face.

“And what on earth made you think of Lee Hom giving me gifts?” Ella asked  curiously.


“Because I thought that he had a thing for you”


“Oh my goodness Selina Ren, last time you are over reacting, now, I think that you’re daydreaming. Stop it, Lee Hom isjust a very good friend and He’s got himself a stunningmodel girlfriend.” Ella explained and smiled at her friends ridiculous antics.


‘But you couldn’t take away the possibilities Ellie.”






“At last, after a long drive!” Ella said happily as she sunk

herself at the two seater sofa in her office. She came at the building alone after dropping Selina at Jiro’s office a few blocks away from her own. It was already twelve noon but our main lead is not yet in the mood for eating after the feast she had with Selina earlier.

“Since I’m done with all my paper works for today, and the  meeting is set later at seven.

“I guess I have the chance to get some sleep” Ella said to herself.


But before she could close her eyes and snooze off to aslumber, her cellular phone annoyingly rang and it irritated her”Selina! I want to…She was cut of by Selina’s words again.

“You better come here Ms Chen, There are some silly things that Jiro accidentally did”

“And it doesn’t concern me”

Ella replied sleepily.


“Of course you do mistress! For it’s your billboard sized whole self that is being posted right in front of Wang Creative Inc. donning a one piecewhite swimsuit holding an American soda under the sun!


It took Ella a few seconds before she realized what Selina have just said.


“Me? Wearing a y attire endorsing an American soda!”

“Jiro! You are so DEAD!!!!