A Simple Day with You

A Simple Day with You

 

*Ding Dong* Mi Yeon stood patiently outside as she waited for Kevin to open the door.

Although it was a Saturday, the rain was pouring down miserably. In fact, it was the perfect day to sit inside and watch movies with a cup of hot chocolate.

“Annyeong!” Kevin’s bright smile greeted Mi Yeon at the door, “Sorry it took me so long, c’mon inside!~”

The creamy smell of hot chocolate drifted up Mi Yeon’s nose as she stepped inside the house, “Mmm…” she thought.

As Kevin hung up Mi Yeon’s coat, she observed his house, “It’s so classy, and the rooms are so clean and organized...this is way different than my place,” she thought.

Kevin’s gentle voice snapped Mi Yeon back to reality, “What are you standing around for? Come and take a seat on the couch. You’re so silly, Mi Yeon~.”

Mi Yeon waddled nervously over to the couch. As she made herself comfortable, Kevin walked into the living room with two steaming cups of hot chocolate. To top it off, there was a handful of soft marshmallows and a hint of milk in it.

“Here you go~ drink up! It’s so cold out today, perfect for a movie, isn’t it?”

“Why, yes! Thank you for inviting me over~”

Mi Yeon took a sip of the hot chocolate. It tasted delicious! She could feel the hot chocolate slowly making its way down into her stomach, warming up everything in its path.

Kevin slid a disc into his DVD player and joined Mi Yeon on the couch. As the movie started, Mi Yeon couldn’t help but lean onto Kevin’s shoulder, closing the gap between them.

As soon as she did so, Kevin looked over at her and lightly pinched her cheek, “Wah~ your cheeks are so soft.”

Mi Yeon’s face turned bright red as she answered, “Yah! That hurts! You get amused so easily, Kevin! You’re just like a little boy!”

“ME?! A little boy?! Never! I’m a man! A strong one too!”

Kevin’s comment caused a sweet giggle from Mi Yeon.

Soon, the movie ended and the television screen went blank, leaving a very faint static sound in the living room. Mi Yeon and Kevin have never really paid attention to the movie, because they were too busy calling each other names, telling each other jokes, and cuddling.

Mi Yeon lay on the couch, wrapped in Kevin’s smooth arms. His soft breath tickled her neck as she thought, “I wish I could just lay here forever.”

“Mi Yeon,” Kevin broke the silence.

“Yes, Kevin?”

“Thanks for coming today. I love you.”

“I love you too, Kevin Woo.”