April Fool

April Fool

Class goes on like usual days and Sheryl is with her Puffy a.k.a her journal. Guess that she is writing stories in Puffy again. Sheryl, an author and an English expert in her school. She always scores with flying colours in her English exam. But!, the bad thing is that she would screw up for the other subjects. Basically, the main reason for it is because she doesn’t talk much in class, she was so called a loner and no one sits beside her. So, she doesn’t have any friend, except her one and only Puffy. One day…

 

“Class, listen up. Let me introduce to you all our new classmate, JongHyun.

Ahnyeonghaseyo. JongHyun imnida. (Hello, I'm JongHyun) Nice to meet you guys.”

“JongHyun,  you will be sitting beside Sheryl. Sheryl? Sheryl !!!”

Sheryl was busy completing her stories in Puffy.

She quickly looked up to the teacher as she heard her name being called loudly and replied,

“Yes, teacher. Anything?”

“Sheryl, didn’t you heard what I said just now. JongHyun will be sitting beside you. So treat him well, ok? “

Araso,(Understand) teacher.” Sheryl continued working on her stories and JongHyun walked towards Sheryl and sat beside her.

 

“Ahnyeong,(Hello) Sheryl. Nice to meet you! Hope that we can be friends! “ JongHyun smiled as he said that. But, there was no response from Sheryl. She focused so much into her stories that she never bother to reply him.

JongHyun was told by their classmates about her behavior. And for that, JongHyun determined to be her  second friend, as Puffy would be the 1st.

 

JongHyun always greet and talks to Sheryl whenever he could, though he knew that he will not get any response from her. But, he tried and tried and tried without losing the hope, which is to become Sheryl’s friend. JongHyun was an expert too. He scored well in every subjects and he had became the ideal boy for every girls in the school, as he is smart, handsome, stylish and friendly.

 

 

Sheryl’s POV

It’s him again. JongHyun?? If not mistaken, that’s his name. Don’t he feel bored talking everyday to someone that doesn’t reply him at all? If it's me, I will just leave that person alone. But still, I'm thankful for what he did, it was all because of him, I could easily get ideas for my stories. Especially the word ‘quasimodo’, and that had became the title for my ninth fanfic.

 

“JongHyun?”

“Ya, what? Oh, Sheryl! At last, you’ve talk!” JongHyun kind of shouted as he replied me. Everyone turned to us as they thought something had happened to us. I quickly elbowed him.

“Please don’t say so loud. What is wrong with you?”

Aniyo.(No) I’m just happy. At last, you have decided to talk to me, after 1 month and 3 days since the day I came to this school.

“You've actually counted?” I chuckled.

“You smiled too! You look really nice when you smile.” JongHyun smiled.

JongHyun’s smile… that was the second sweetest smile that I’ve ever seen after my dad’s.

I blushed and smiled back to him.

--------

 

Since that day itself, Sheryl’s behavior had changed a lot. She is no longer the lonely and quiet girl, as she has learned on how to converse with others. It was all thanks to JongHyun, her second friend. JongHyun had helped her a lot, especially in her studies, she didn’t screw up her subjects anymore In fact, she scored pretty well in every subjects. This made Sheryl and JongHyun so close that they are always seen being together everywhere they go.

 

As usual, Sheryl and JongHyun would stayback so that they could revise in class. That was also the day where…

“JongHyun, can you just wait for a while. Let me finish the ending of this fanfic, then we will start our revision.”

“Ya, sure. Go ahead.”

JongHyun looked at Sheryl as she was busy completing the last part of her story. Somehow, he felt bored and wanted to disrupt her. And there, he spotted something that he could played around with her...

“'I love you too, MinHo.' He looked at me in the eyes and lean towards me. The next moment I know, his lips were on mine and I felt very helpless. It was really warm. It was not a dream.”

“JongHyun! Don’t say it. It’s funny when you say it out.” Sheryl hit his arm as she laughed.

“Sheryl, you’ve experience it before?”

Aniyo. the imagination just came across into my mind. I wish I could get that too..”    *sigh~*

“So, you want to try it, don’t you?”

 

 

Sheryl’s POV

As soon as he asked that, I looked at him with with confusions all over my mind.

Exactly what I’ve wrote on my fanfic, JongHyun looked straight into my eyes, and he moved himself nearer to me..

Every step he made would make my heart skips, and it beats faster and faster.

My mind went blank that I just closed my eyes quickly, not knowing what to do.

JongHyun placed his hands on my shoulder and…

“April fool, Sheryl!!! You think that I’m gonna kiss you?” JongHyun laughed as he said that.

I pushed JongHyun away as I got really pissed that he was actually pranking on me.

“Sheryl ah~ Sorry.. It’s April fool. Don’t get mad at me.” JongHyun apologized by showing his cuteness with his puppy-face.

“ Promise me that you won’t be doing that again!”  

“Sure, sure I won’t spoil you 1st kiss!” he chuckled.

 

 

HIS POV

Sheryl, my favourite cousin sister.

I’ve came back to see you.

I hope that you will still remember the promise that we’ve made when we were young.

I’m always around you. But you don’t feel my existence.

I knew everything that happened to you, as I always watched you from far.

 

KIM JONG HYUN!!!!!

.

.

.

.

.

I gotta do something now….

 

 

Sheryl’s POV

As I reached my house, I headed straight to my room and closed the door.

Questions came into my mind and they were all repeating one after another in my head.

“Sheryl, why didn’t you pushed JongHyun away?”

“Why did you close your eyes?”

“Why does your heart beats so fast?”

“You fell in love with JongHyun already, don’t you?”

That last question kept repeating in my head and it made me remembered back the the day where JongHyun sat beside me, the effort that he did just to talk to me, everything that he had done for me. And I really do think that I like him.

“Well, I guessed that I have.” I smiled for what I said and hit myself for being silly, answering  the question to myself.

 

*Knock ~ Knock~*

“Sheryl, Mom have something to tell you.”

“Yes, Mom. What’s that? Looks like it’s something serious.” I chuckled while waiting for her next reply. But, she seemed to be serious about it, and with that tone, she replied,

“I guessed so. Still remember when you were young, we used to stay with Uncle and Aunty Kim.”

“Ya, I think so… I don’t really remember now. And so?”

“At that time, you were very close to their child, Jino. Thus, we have actually made an arranged marriage for you both when you both reached 20. You’re 18 now. So, I think I should remind you about this. They are coming back this week and eventually they want this marriage to go on.”

Ahndwae!!! (NO!!!) I don’t even know him! Since the day they went U.S, we didn’t contact with each other at all! And you expect me to marry him when he’s back?!!! Ahndwae!!”, I raised my voice and my mom tried consoling me,

“ Listen, girl!  They will be coming this Sunday and you both will meet each other. Maybe, you will like him as much as you like him when you both were young.”

“Mom! It’s different now! Why do you have spoil my wonderful day?!!! Why must you tell me now? Not yesterday? No the days before? But, why today?!!!!”, I shouted and slammed the door shut.

--------------------------------

Sheryl was still in shock about the arranged marriage and that made her really sad. Her heart was aching that she cried the whole night after she shouted to her mom. There were so many missed calls at the night too. It was from JongHyun. As soon as she saw those messages sent by him and his missed calls to her, she cried even louder.

 

That paticular moment had also made her realized on how deep she had fell for JongHyun, rather than liking him. It was just so much that she wanted him to be by her side on that day. She decided to call him back, but still, she failed to ask him to be by her side as what she deeply wanted on that day…

“Hello, Sheryl?”

*Call ended*

“Sheryl?”

*Call ended*

“Sheryl, what happened?”

*call ended*

 That was what happened each time Sheryl called him throughout the night.

Calls have been made, but, as she heard his voice, she broke into silence and decided to hung up those calls. She started crying out again and it went on through that night. A sleepless night, filled with tears, pain and anger.

---------------------

JongHyun got so worried that he went to her house the next morning and waited her outside. Sheryl came out of from her house and she saw JongHyun. She felt heartache again and pretended not to see him. She kept looking down, avoiding herself from facing JongHyun. JongHyun could sense that something wasn't right and he quickly stopped her from walking forward. He tried his best to block her, but she kept her pace faster and avoided him.

 

“Sheryl! Stop it!” JongHyun shouted as soon as he was able to stop her by holding on to her shoulders.

“Can you just tell me what happen already?” JongHyun held Sheryl’s hands for the first time.

Sheryl looked at him and unreluctantly, tears started flowing through her white-chubby face, once again.

“Sheryl ah~, uljima.(Don't cry) Mianhae(sorry) for shouting at you just now. I was worried about you.” JongHyun quickly wiped her tears with his warm hands, and he quickly took out a packet of tissue papers and handed it to Sheryl.

“Don’t ask me any question. I just want to  head to school right now. I’ll tell you after the class is over.” Sheryl sobbed as she said that and continued wiping her tears.

 

In the class, everyone could see that Sheryl’s face was pinky-red, resulted from what happened last night. Everyone questioned JongHyun. Some even thought that  JongHyun have bullied her. Regardless, JongHyun had asked them to not question anymore and to leave Sheryl alone, and to not disturb her in class. JongHyun did not talk much on that day too. He kept watching at Sheryl and took more attention on her in class and be by her side, wherever she goes. Class was over, and as promised, JongHyun waited till all the other students left the class and when it left only him and Sheryl, he broke the silence and started the conversation…

“So, Sheryl. Are you okay now?”

Ne~ (Yes)”

“So, can you tell me what happened yesterday?”

“I’m going to get married.”

“What? Did I hear wrongly?”

“ NO, YOU DIDNT! I’M GOING TO MARRY TO SOMEONE THAT I KNEW WHEN I WAS YOUNG! WE HAVE NOT NEVER GET IN TOUCH ONCE HE LEFT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!! JUST BECAUSE OF AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE THAT WAS MADE DURING THAT TIME, I HAVE TO MARRY HIM NOW!!!!” Sheryl let all her anger out to JongHyun and she automatically started crying again, as she went beyond the frustration level she had.

JongHyun was speechless after all those things she said. He did not know how to react on this news. He moved towards Sheryl and placed her head on his shoulder, patted her and kept silent.

An hour passed, and Sheryl felt better.…

“JongHyun ah~ I’m ok now… Thanks for being with me the whole day.”

Kwaenchanna..(It's ok) But, you sure? I think I’ll walk you home today.”

Ani…(No) I’m fine now. I just want to sit here alone by myself. Just to relax my mind. You can go back first.”

“I don’t think so. I’m worried of you. I can just wait for you. I promise I’ll be reallly quiet so that you could relax your mind.”

“JongHyun, you don’t need to..You’ll make me feel more…" *Hurt, feeling deeper for you, loving you more and I can't continue this way*

“What?”

“Nevermind.. You should really go back now.” Sheryl stood up, pulled and pushed JongHyun out of the class. She then locked the door.

“Sheryl, don’t do this. Open the door.”

“JongHyun, I said I’m fine. If you don’t go back, I will keep this door locked.”

“ Well, since you said so, fine, I will just leave you here. But! just promise me that you will call back nce you’ve reached home.”

Araso~ (Ok)”

Few minutes later, Sheryl opened the door to check, and as promised, JongHyun left.

She then returned to her sit and flipped to the last page of her Puffy.

After few hours spending her time with Puffy in the class, she had finally decided to head back home and to face her mom and the truth that she will want to accept, but she had to unwillingly…

 

 

HIS POV

As I saw you crying, my heart aches so badly…

Kim JongHyun… What have you done to her…

She cried again as she was writing on her Puffy, her journal.

As she was heading to the toilet after she finished her writing, I quickly sneaked into the class and flipped through all the pages in her journal.

It was on the last page, the one that she wrote just now… I was shocked to see what she had written…

“Jong Hyun ah~

          The thing I wanted to continue just now but I couldn’t was that I would feel more sad and my heart will ache more if you keep on wanting to stay by my side. All I want you to know today is… I LOVE YOU.  But, I couldn’t do it, just because of the arranged marriage made by both parents of mine and my cousin brother. I felt really sad as I was informed about this.

Should I let you know that I like you? Or I shouldn’t? I don’t know what to do now, so all I could do is to express through Puffy. Whether you will be reading this or not, I think by the time you knew it, I was already with him, as his wife.   JongHyun-ah, I really really LOVE you…..”

--------------------------

Sheryl walked back home and she began to walk faster, as she saw the sunset. It was only a few more steps to her house, and she began to see some papers on the road. Suprisingly, they weren't scattered around, but nicely arranged. She wondered what were those for  and from who, so she decided to see the 1st paper that laid on the road.

 

She was stunned by the note…

“Hey, Sheryl. This is just your 1st message from me. Continue picking up the others, and read my message!”

She picked up the others as she was told to do so...

“Here’s you 2nd meassage. And my confession starts here. Since the day I saw you, I like you.”

 

“You’re a loner and that' show everyone in school described about you. But to me, you’re not a loner, you’re just a special one.”

 

“It was my first time looking at you smiling and laughing. I’ve never seen you that happy before.”

 

“My heart aches when you cry. But at the same time, you still look that pretty to me, like an angel, pure and innocent.”

 

"Just like how innocent you are, you are also quite careless, clumsy and silly at times. But all these are just cute to me.”

 

"Did I just mention that you're really special to me? You are, you really are."

 

“You’ve reached my last message. Sheryl, Saranghae.(I love you)

 

Sheryl was so touched that tears started falling. She felt that she was in her world of fanfic again. Romantic scenes were actually happening on her, in reality…

Out of the blue, someone closed her eyes from behind. She startled. As she was about to let out a loud, ear-piercing scream, she decided not to. She didn't know why either, her heart just told her so, and with that, she knew that it was JongHyun. A moment later, "he" released his hands slowly from his eyes and back-hugged Sheryl, while resting his head her right shoulder, “Sheryl, I love you," he finally spoke.

He then turned Sheryl to face him and that moment itself, he unconditionally placed his lips on her. Sheryl was in shock, but still, she stood there unmoved, and did not avoid it. In fact, she was delighted by his action, since it was from JongHyun, and her first kiss was with him, the one she loves. 

“Sheryl, I love you.  I really really love you a lot.” JongHyun looked at Sheryl and tighthened the hug.

 

“JongHyun, I love you too. But..” Sheryl then pushed him apart and continued,

“You know that we can’t be together. Because of ‘that’ reason. I think it is better for us to be friends only..” Tears falling, and Sheryl started crying again.

“Sheryl, it was not supposed to be like this. I’ll be with you forever. Trust me.” JongHyun held her wrist tighly, but Sheryl pulled it off from him.

“I'm sorry, JongHyun, I love you” that was her last word for him and Sheryl quickly ran into her house before he was able to caught her and headed straight to her room. She broke into tears and she felt really silly and confused for what just happened to her life. Why must all this thing happened to her? Why can’t she be one of the characters in her happy-ending fanfic where she be with the one she loves. Why isn’t those things happening to her? She cried, and cried, and cried. This was all that she could do; crying through the night.

 

However, after a few minutes..   *knock~ knock~*

“ Leave me alone! Do not enter!” But, the ‘someone’ still entered the room. Sheryl quickly closed herself with the blanket. Then, the ‘someone’ spoke up..

“Sheryl, are you okay?” It was a male's voice. She knew that it was not her dad, but the voice was very familiar to her. She removed her blanket and to find out that it was JongHyun.

 

“JongHyun!!!” Sheryl was shocked to see this coming, while JongHyun quickly approached to her and hugged her tightly.

“ Why are you here? How do you get to come in?”  JongHyun stopped her by placing his finger on her lips.

“ Sheryl, you will know about it once you've cleaned up. Go wash your face and I’ll wait you outside. Araso? (Ok?)”

Ne~(Yes)” Sheryl who was in a blur-state, just followed and she was truly happy to see that JongHyun was with her, eventhough she wasn't clear of what just happened while she was crying in the her room minutes ago.

 

Sheryl held JongHyun’s hand tightly as they were walking down the stairs. As they reached the living room, Sheryl’s mom who was looking very happy spoke,

“Sheryl, I told you that you will like him.”

“Huh?”

“Jino was the guy beside you.”

“What do you mean? JongHyun, Jino?”

“Sheryl ah~ I’ve told you to trust me, I’ll be with you forever.” JongHyun planted a kiss on my forehead.

 

And there, she finally realized that JongHyun is her cousin brother, Jino, which is also the one that she is going to marry to.

 

That night was the best night to her. She also realized that she could actually be one of the characters in her fan-fic too. A happy-ending, being together with the one she loves, JongHyun, Jino, HIM…..

 

JongHyun’s / HIM / Jino POV

Sheryl, sorry for hiding this from you.

I would never thought that you would cried so much, for two nights because of me…

I promise that I’ll not let you cry anymore…. If I do, it would only be the tears of joy…

We are meant to be together afterall….

I Love You, Sheryl…..

 

-END-

 

P/S - If you're wondering on why is the name 'Jino' linked to JongHyun, it's because JongHyun is so called a "Dino" as we all know... so I just changed the letter 'D' into his initial letter 'J'. Its just a random one to fit that in.... Anyway, thanks for reading! Hope that you all would like it!

SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, COMMENT! xD