Chapter 25

The Perfect Lies (EDITING)

Kris’ point of view

Yesterday was the least I expected. She was late because she’s busy flirting with my cousin; arrogance at its finest. She kept me waiting when I told her not to be late- how hard headed. For all the things I’ve done good to her she’s going to repay me with her cheap attitude? She kept me hanging.

I’m standing in front of her door returning the bento. I knocked
“Jakkaman!” she called.
She opens the door and surprisingly she looked bewildered.
“Expecting someone to come over?”
She shook her head.
“W-what are you doing here?”
“Isn’t it unfair? Chanyeol can come over here and I can’t. Don’t you think so?”
Her expression still bemused.

I grab her hand and place the bento on it. “I believe this is yours. You must have given it to me by a mistake.’
“A-ani, I really made this for you.” She handed me back the bento.

I’m getting irritated in this situation. I grab the bento and throw it on the wall “I don’t fcking want it.” I growled.
“Oh, I almost forgot, the next you barge into my room you’re leaving this palace. We spent time together- Sure, we did. But that means nothing to me. You’re crossing the line, Eunchan. I’m still the prince here, and you’re only a contestant here. Know your limitations; we’re not on the same level. Learn to show some respect, you obviously lack one.”

I turn over and slammed the door shut.

I saw someone leaning against the wall- probably a contestant here. I ignore her and pass by her.
“I see your frustrated, prince Wu.”
I glare at her.
“She deserves it, though.”
I don’t have time for nonsense. I continue to walk.
“I know something about Eunchan that you wouldn’t like.”
I stopped my tracks.
She smirks.
“What is it?”
“Let’s talk somewhere private, hmm?”
“Follow me.”

I open the door on the West wing and sat on my father’s throne.
“Aren’t you going to ask me to have a sit?” she pouted.
I looked at her “I’m not fond of wasting time.”
“Eager for information, Prince Wu.”

Getting impatient, I stood up. I don’t want to waste more crap.

“Do you really love Eunchan?” Yes
“You’re turning the table. That’s not the reason why we’re here.”
“What If I tell you that you can’t be together by a certain reason?”
I’m bemused. What reason? “What are you trying to point out?”
“Eunchan is not a Royal princess. She’s a princess not by blood but by papers.” She rolled her eyes.
“This is no time for jokes.”
“Well I’m not joking. I’m stating the truth, as a matter of fact.”
“You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if Eunchan is seducing Chanyeol-ssi.”
“Why?”
“Her mother works at a brothel, she’s a , and she’s famous for being screwed. And you know what they say a mango cannot bear an apple. Like mother like daughter.”  She continued “And if I were you, I would avoid her. I wouldn’t want my clean name be dirtied by an obnoxious woman.”
She went to the door and opens it. “She’s done planning her schemes, better watch your back. She can attack you at an unexpected time. Good night, Prince Wu.” With that she left.

I can’t believe this. Maybe I don’t know that much about her. Is this her other side? Can I tolerate this kind of manner? Can I accept her flaws?

“Think of your future, Kris. You’re the future king. The people won’t follow you if you have someone ruining your reputation. Think about it.” My subconscious retorted.

I won’t let this nonsense kill my ego. We’ll play it your game, Eunchan. We’ll see who will last longer.  


Eunchan’s point of view

By the time Kris left the room, I drop to my knees and cried. I let it out- all the pain. All the memories we had shared is all treasured to me but to him it’s nothing. I never knew all the things he told me where never true. I feel my heart is broken into pieces, it hurts so much.

He’s right, who am I to barge into his room? I’m just a contestant here. I know our level is highly parted – I accepted and knew that. But the way he rubbed it on my face hurts. 

_______________________________________________________

After finishing the challenge today all I ever want to do is to have some rest. I’m really exhausted; I didn’t get any sleep last night because my mind won’t let me. I cried my heart out and reflected. Lesson learned: Never get too attached.

Someone grab my wrist and held on it tightly. “Meet me at the garden.” He said firmly. He released my wrist and left.

My heart sank how he can act as if nothing happened. 

 
*Garden*
 
I waited for almost 6 hours. I check my watch its 12 already. I sighed maybe something just happened. I’ll wait for a little more.

Being a fool, I waited for 3 more hours. It’s already 3 am. He’s not showing up. I should take my rest, one more hour until the morning routine.