Chapter 23

The Perfect Lies (EDITING)

 

Kris’ point of view

“By the way Yi Fan, you have a special guest.” Eomma said cheerfully.

“Who?” I asked. Abruptly someone showed up behind the wall and leaned against it. “Me”

I recognized that deep voice. The rascal is back. “You’re back” I smirked.

Chanyeol gave me his famous crack smile and walk towards my direction. He bear hugged me more like he’s squishing me. “Chanyeol, I can’t breathe.” I protested. 

“Miss me?”  He teased.

“Of course not” I scoffed.

 He tightened his hugged “Come on Kris, say the magic words and I’ll let you go.” He snickered.

“Arasseo, Arasseo. I missed you, happy?” he released me from his hug and winked at me “I know”

“” I cursed him while I catching my breath. 

“Yah! How could you say that to your beloved cousin?!” he dramatically shouted. Then we started to bicker.

A giggle stopped us and looked at the person who interrupted us; it’s no other than Eunchan.  ‘Aigoo why must she saw me acting like this T.T’ I looked down and rubbed my nape. ‘Aigoo this is so embarrassing.’ Chanyeol cleared his throat signaling me to introduce him to you. “Uhm Eunchan this is Chanyeol my annoy-AHHHH” Chanyeol stomped his on mine “What the hell is that for?” I growled. He glared at me. Knowing what he meant, I chuckled and straightened up. “Eunchan, this is my cousin Prince Park Chanyeol of Jeolla. Yeol, this is Princess Go Eunchan of Jinan. She’s one of the contestants here” Chanyeol bowed at Eunchan and smiled at her, he held her hands and kissed it. I stiffened ‘D-did he just kiss Eunchan’s hand?’

“It’s my pleasure to meet a goddess like you, Eunchan.” Eunchan turned pink and withdraw her hand. Chanyeol checked her out and smiled her

“Yeol, show her some respect will you?” I hissed. “Eunchan, you may go back to your dorm. Chanyeol and I have something to discuss.” I said sternly, she nodded and left.

“My, My. What’s with the sudden change of mood? I smell jealousy.” Chanyeol mocked.

“Stop it, Yeol.” I glared at him.

“Hey you know I’m just fooling around, Kris. Stop that face, of yours.” He said lightening up the atmosphere.

We decided to go horseback riding like we used to do when we’re still kids. Chanyeol is like my brother that I never had. We do stupid things, prank people, and escape the palace together. Chanyeol had lived with me for almost 18 years due to many family problems.

“Yeol” I called him.

“Hmm?” he answered.

“What brings you here?” I asked curiously; usually Chanyeol came whenever something is wrong.

 “Abeoji told me to visit you.” He said plainly.

I punched his arms. “That’s the stupidest excuse, Yeol.” I chuckled.

He put his hands up “Okay, okay. You got me. Dammit I at making excuses.” He chuckled along.

"Everyone is aware, no need to broadcast.” I teased.

“Hey, Hey. Don’t push it.” He glared at me.

“Arasseo, really what happened this time?” I asked.

 

“The truth is Abeoji and I had an argument. “ Chanyeol sighed. “Abeoji wanted me to marry this Jessica girl, but I declined. He got mad at me and cut off all my credit cards. So childish huh?” Chanyeol scoffed.

“Same old uncle park.” I chuckled.

“Also, he forbids me to see Sooyoung. He even threatened me, he told me that if I don’t marry Jessica, he’ll make Sooyoung’s life miserable.” His smile faded and was replaced with a sorrowful frown. “Your father has gone mad, Yeol. We have to stop him as soon as possible.”  

Chanyeol looked at me “Kris, can I stay here as long as I think of a plan?”

I flicked his forehead. “Since when did you learn to ask permission to stay here? You’re always welcome here, Yeol”

Chanyeol’s eyes softened “Thanks, bro” we did our bro fist/knuckle touch.

“Hey what are brothers are for right?” I cheered him up.

“Aww, lemme hug, Brotha.” Chanyeol spread his arms.

Quickly I hollered my horse and make a run for it. “Hell no, I’ve had enough with your bone crushing hugs, Yeol.”

Hurriedly Chanyeol run after Kris. He did the duck face “Come here Krease, give Yollie a kiss.” He said while making a sound with his lips.

“ Chanyeol, you turned gay. Get away from me, I’m not Sooyoung.” Kris shouted. 

              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Days have passed, it was another ordinary day. You decided to make breakfast, you went to the kitchen. You saw Chanyeol cooking.

He sensed someone watching him and turned around “Good morning, Eunchan.” he greeted you.

“Good morning, Prince Chanyeol.” You bowed.

“Eh? No need to be formal. Call me Chanyeol Oppa, Arasseo?”  You nodded.

“Would you mind joining me for breakfast?” he invited you.

“W-what about Kris?” you asked worriedly.

“Kris is still asleep, Eunchan-ah. No need to worry” he assured you.

“Arasseo, Chanyeol Oppa.”

“Dig in!” he beamed. You can’t help but to feel guilty, this was the first time you had your breakfast without Kris. 

Meanwhile while you and Chanyeol were enjoying your breakfast, Kris was waiting for you at the secret garden. He even brought breakfast for you.

Where is she? What’s taking her so long? Kris is getting annoyed he had been waiting for you since 6:00 am. It’s 8:30 yet you’re still nowhere to be found. Patience is not a virtue for Kris; the word patience is not in his dictionary. He gave up and went back inside the palace. Effort wasted. He made his way to the kitchen; before he could make another step he heard your voice. Maybe I’m just hearing things. He was about to turned away instead he followed his instinct and entered the kitchen. His eyes widened at the scene he was looking at.

Chanyeol saw Kris beside the door and greeted him “Good morning, bro.” he nodded and walk towards the counter.

“Good morning, Yifan.” You beamed. He stopped his tracks and looked at you coldly; he made that look that sends chills down your spine. He placed the basket on the counter and walked out.

“Someone’s having a bad morning.” Chanyeol remarked. Is he mad at me? 

After having breakfast with Chanyeol, you volunteered yourself to clean the dishes. You finished washing the dishes and made your way out but something hindered you. You looked at the basket that Kris brought earlier and scanned it. You take a look inside it, suddenly every muscle in your body weakened. There are plenty of foods packed in the basket. Kris, I’m sorry I didn’t know. I should have known.


Updated! 

Comment and subscribe! :> 

mind checking my new story? :> click here