L's POV.

60 seconds is enough for this story.

2 months had passed so quickly. I decided to move on and go study abroad for my photography career.

How have you been? This few months I haven't been sleeping, I miss you a lot.

But, do you remember the memories?

The first time we met. I wore a black coat, carrying a black umbrella. I looked at my watch, it was 10:09am in the morning. It was raining heavily and I'm on my way home after my job interview.

Across the streets, I saw a figure waiting impatiently under a sheltered shop. I laid my eyes on the figure. She has long wavy hair falling down her back, her boots drenched. She looked around impatiently and started to shiver. I ran to her and offered her a lift. That was when, I saw her face, your face, your smiling face. Your smiling face made me at ease. I guess that was when I fell for you.

Again, I checked my watch. 10:10am. 60 seconds to fall for you.

I remember all our firsts.

The first time I confessed to you infront of your school gate.

The first time we tried cooking spaghetti. I taught you how the carrots are supposed to be diced. I taught you how to control the fire and you told me you love watching me cook. We finished the spaghetti and you fed me. Then, I fed you back. You had stains on the corner of your lips so I reached out my hand to wipe it for you. You smiled back at me. You were so cute. Laughing at the littlest thing. That's what I love about you.

Remember those lazy afternoons where I just sat on the sofa reading my favourite book with you laying your head on my lap, having your usual afternoon nap. That book, you teased me for always reading the same book.

I love seeing you sleep. "People looks the kindest when they sleep." I guess that is true. You look like an angel. I will always stop halfway on reading and turn to look at you. Occasionally, fixing your fringe.

I remember on one of our cafe dates in the cafe we always went to, you saw a ring on my ring finger. You ask me what was that for and I took out the other ring. You blushed shyly and extended your hand out for me to put the ring for you. I told you its a promise ring that  we'll get married next year.

But all those are merely just memories. Now that you had left me, I should just keep them in my heart.

There will always be a part of me loving you.

Today, I walked by the cafe we always went to. The one I first gave you the promise ring. The heavy rain had stopped and I closed my umbrella. I saw you standing outside the cafe. I was rooted to the ground, shocked that I could see you again. You deep breathed in the cool air outside and then went into the cafe. I silently made my way in. There is a part of me wishing you would come back to my side.

I chose a seat nearest to the counter and looked around to find you. Just then, you came out of the kitchen and stood behind the counter. You brewed a cup of hot coffee.

This months, you had been now working here. I ordered for a cup of hot coffee. Silently praying you would serve me the one you are brewing. A waiter came and gave me my cup of coffee. You know that I didn't like drinking coffee. Of  course, I left it there on the table.

I continued to look back at you.

Sweat was forming in your forehead. You looked a little skinnier. Have you been eating? I'm so worried about you. You hair seems to have grown a lot longer. How long haven't you cut your hair? How are you these days?

I wanted to walk up to you and talk to you but...

What if you don't want to talk to me?

What if you have a new boyfriend?

What if your new boyfriend comes out out of nowhere and tell me your his girlfriend?

What if I really can't bring you back by my side?

Too much 'what ifs'.

I decided to leave our past behind. I left the promise ring you gave back to me on the table and walked off.

Before I reach the door, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw you looking at me. Your face changed. Shocked,too after seeing me again after we broke up. You handed me the ring but I place it gently on you palm, careful not to touch your hand. I'm afraid I would give up and broke down infront of you. I closed you fingers around the ring and made my way out.

Memories came flashing back again.

I flashed back that day you opened the door into the room, I checked the new watch you bought me last year. 10.09pm.

You give me back the promise ring I gave you. I then realised, we're over. You sighed and walked out of the room, closing the door gently. I checked my watch again.

10.10pm.

60 seconds to break up with you.

Please find a better man, live happily. I wish you all the best. I still love you.

 

 

 

60 seconds to fall for you.

60 seconds to break up with you.

But all those times we went through, its not merely just 60 seconds.

But 60 seconds is all I need for this story.