06

Where the Frivolous Gather

06 (KyuHae)

“Hyung, don’t!” Kyuhyun shrieked, covering his ears and crouching to the ground.

Donghae bent down, a mischievous smile gracing his face. He reached for the wick of the firework placed on the street, clicking his lighter on and slowly, slowly moving it closer.

“Donghae!” Kyuhyun cried again, “Seriously! Don’t do it!”

The older did as he was told, moving away from the firework with his hands raised in a sign of defeat.  His impish grin remained as he made his way over to the now standing Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pouted and punched his arm as soon as he was close enough.

“You know I don’t like fireworks!” He whined, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I know, but you’re just so cute when you’re scared.” Donghae cooed ever so obnoxiously.

“I hate you.” Kyuhyun grumbled.

Donghae tossed his head back and laughed, loud and unattractive. He grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him along to the where the firework remained untouched and unlit. Kyuhyun tried to tug his hand back to no avail, he screamed and wailed and threatened with each step until they were standing right in front of the offensive object. The younger tried to run as soon as Donghae let go, but was pulled right back. Donghae held him tightly around the waist, refusing to ease his hold.

“Hyung, I seriously hate you.” Kyuhyun half whined, half yelled.

“Come on, Kyuhyunnie. Don’t be such a baby!” He urged, placing the lighter in Kyuhyun’s hand.

“I won’t! I refuse!”

“Then I’ll help you.”

“Donghae, please! I really don’t want to do this!” Kyuhyun snivelled.

His pleas went unheard; Donghae grabbed his hand that held the lighter, covering it with his own. He flicked the flame on, causing Kyuhyun to squirm and whine more. He laughed and pulled Kyuhyun to a crouching position along with him.

“I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.” Kyuhyun chanted, wincing every time Donghae led the lighter and their hands forward.

“Oh hush, you’ll love it. I promise it’s not as scary as you think it is.”

The flame finally lit the wick and Kyuhyun tossed Donghae off of him, running as far away from the firework as possible. He screamed as it sparkled and whirred to life, spinning until it launched into the air with a thundering boom. He looked up to the sky, making sure they hadn’t broken an electricity line or killed a bird, but was awed by the multitude of colours flickering in the sky.

“I told you you’d love it.” Donghae said, wrapping his arms around a slightly trembling Kyuhyun.

“I still hate you.” Kyuhyun huffed.

“Oh, really?” Donghae mused, slyly checking the time on his watch.

“Yes, really.” Kyuhyun answered indignantly.

Donghae snickered and brought Kyuhyun’s face to his, pressing their lips together for their first kiss of the new year.

“Maybe next time we’ll start you out on sparklers.”

“Or you could just kiss me instead. I really wouldn’t mind.”


idk this was just too cute to not do. EunHae one will be up shortly.