04

Where the Frivolous Gather

04; (QMI)

“Are you mad? You’re mad, aren’t you? Why are you mad?” Kyuhyun pokes a slightly disgruntled Zhou Mi in his bony side. He cuddles up to his side, blinking up at him with big, brown, doe eyes. “Did I do something wrong?”

Zhou Mi shuts his book and pinches the bridge of his nose, a gesture that the younger is well acquainted with. He sighs heavily, crosses his long, skeletal legs and flicks Kyuhyun right in the forehead. He falls back onto the couch dramatically with a whine. The action doesn’t deter for him long though. He’s back to sticking to Zhou Mi’s side within seconds, a pitiful pout gracing his round face.

“You are mad. I know you are. Tell me why you’re mad, Mi.” He lays a hand on Zhou Mi’s thigh, pokes at it incessantly.

“Kuixian, if you don’t stop being insufferable, I will be mad.” Zhou Mi glares when he speaks and Kyuhyun shrinks back a little.

“Then why do you have such an angry face on?” Kyuhyun isn’t one to be effected by Zhou Mi’s threats for long, the initial shock wears off quickly and he’s now on Mi’s lap. It’s a little uncomfortable since the older is incredibly thin and offers no cushion, but since its Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun’s willing to deal with it.

“I’m reading. I’m terribly sorry my face isn’t exactly jubilant when the book is excruciatingly depressing.”

Kyuhyun his head to the side and ponders over Zhou Mi’s words. He nods as if he understands, but he really doesn’t. Why would anyone want to read sad books when there were plenty of happy ones? He asks Zhou Mi just that and is slightly annoyed by the answer.

“Because I can.”

Zhou Mi opens his book and flips to the page he had been previously reading. Kyuhyun scrunches his face and leaves the older to his own devices. He looks through the shelves of Mi’s office and tries to find a book to read himself. The younger finds one that seems excessively disheartening and goes back to the living room to plop himself down next to Zhou Mi. He finds it difficult to find a comfortable position on the couch, but finally finds one when he strews himself across Zhou Mi’s lap.

The older is a bit disgruntled by Kyuhyun’s relentless acts of intolerance. He lets it go when he realises Kyuhyun has one of his favourite books held above his face. Zhou Mi slyly watches the younger’s face screw up into different emotions as he flips through each page, laughing when Kyuhyun lets out a gasp of shock at something one of the characters must’ve said.

At one point, Kyuhyun becomes so engrossed in what he’s reading, his grip on the book becomes slack and it falls straight on his face with a slap. Zhou Mi can’t contain himself any longer and he’s laughing hysterically, wriggling all over the place while Kyuhyun sits up and rubs face. He sends a glower to Zhou Mi, but it only makes the lanky male laugh harder. Kyuhyun pouts and tries to be angry, but now Mi’s wheezing and tears of mirth are falling from his eyes and the younger thinks he looks pretty ridiculous right now.

“Alright, it wasn’t that funny.” Kyuhyun huffs after five minutes and Zhou Mi shows no sign of stopping his laughter.

“I’m sorry.” He gasps, giggles still bubbling up his throat, “I’m sorry, I’ll stop.”

He becomes silent for a while and looks Kyuhyun in the eye. He knows he said he’d stop, but the book falling on Kyuhyun’s face keeps replaying in his head and he’s cackling again.

“Zhou Mi!” Kyuhyun cries.

The older doesn’t even bother to try and stop this time and he’s sure he’s going to start crying from laughing so hard very soon. Kyuhyun decides he’s had enough and pushes Zhou Mi off of the couch and onto the floor. He laughs wickedly when Zhou Mi immediately stops laughing and looks at him with a shocked face.

They stare at each other for a while, no movements and no noise.

Run.

And Kyuhyun speeds off to their bedroom, screaming the whole way.


so much fluff and cuteness and oh my gossshhhh. I wanted to throw up rainbows writing this. Geeze.

I love some annoying bbykyu and annoyed mimi.

Comment and subscribe if you wish!

Thanks for reading! ♥