14

Where the Frivolous Gather

14; (WonKyu)

[a flashback to Eloquence, but you don't need to read it to understand.]

Kyuhyun was in the art room, painting his little heart out, when Sungmin barged in, jumping up excitedly waiting for Kyuhyun to notice him. Kyuhyun sighed, frustrated that the older male had bothered him in the middle of his spark of creative genius.

“Yes, Sungmin?” He asked, rolling his eyes to look at him.

“What are you doing later?”

“I planned on finishing this painting.” He answered, going back to making small on the canvas. “Why?”

“I wanted to have dinner with you.” Sungmin pouted.

“I’m busy. Find someone else.” Kyuhyun didn’t even ponder the idea. His painting was far more important right now.

“Aw, come on, Kyu! You never hang out with me!” Sungmin whined and stomped his foot, pleading with the younger boy.

Kyuhyun wasn’t exactly popular in the regular sense. He was popular in that he was the mysterious art major that ignored everyone and seemed to only love his paints and large collection of brushes. He wasn’t completely antisocial though. He hung around with the other art majors like Jongwoon, Jungsoo, Kibum and Ryeowook. Most of their time together was spent making art work in their own mediums and not talking. They preferred it that way.

“I don’t really feel like it. Why don’t you take Tao or something?”

“He’s busy.” The older male was gripping Kyuhyun’s left wrist at this point, jerking it every time he whined. “Please! Just this once.”

“Alright, fine. I’ll go. What time and where at?”

“Thank you! I love you!” Sungmin made a heart with his arms. “Tonight at 6, at Gaewhaok.”

“Gaewhaok? That’s a little expensive.” Kyuhyun threw out different restaurants that were much more reasonably priced. Sungmin protested, insisting that he would pay because he was the hyung after all.

“See you there Kyuhyun! Don’t be late!”

“Yeah, yeah.” Kyuhyun waved him off at went back to his painting. It was a boy leaning against a tree, but upon closer inspection you would see that the tree was made out of different creatures with horns and gnashing teeth.

Kyuhyun arrived at Gaewhaok 10 minutes later than he was supposed to. It was intentional, of course. He liked pissing Sungmin off and being late was one of the things that set the older male’s teeth grinding. Kyuhyun had actually bothered to take a shower and brush his hair, it was the least he could do seeing as he was purposefully late and Sungmin was paying for dinner. The greeter led him to a table where a very muscular boy a couple years older than him sat by himself. Kyuhyun sat down in front of him, confused.

“Uh, sorry, but are you waiting for Sungmin too?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“Yeah, actually. Are you Kyuhyun?” The unidentified male answered him with a posh sounding voice. He was probably filthy rich.

“Sometimes.” Kyuhyun answered, laughing at the boy’s confused face. “Just kidding. I am Kyuhyun, have been for 20 years now.”

“Oh, nice to meet you. Sungmin’s told me about you. You’re a painter right?”

“I prefer artist, but yes, I am. You are?”

“Choi Siwon. Writer.” Siwon stuck his hand out to formally shake Kyuhyun’s. They shared a moment of eye contact and Kyuhyun’s heart panged. Siwon was good looking, like really good looking. He had big eyes that curved at a slight angle; a long, strong nose structure; plump lips and straight pearly teeth; chiselled facial structure, the works. He was a modern day Adonis. Kyuhyun nodded his head and snuck sneaky glances at him when he wasn’t looking. They both sat quietly for a moment, waiting for Sungmin, until both of their phones rang at the same time.

“Excuse me.” They said in unison.

Hey, so I guess you’re both at Gaehwaok and have finished with introductions by now. I tricked you two. This is a blind date! Kekeke. Both of you suited each other so well, so I decided to get the ball rolling. Have fun! ^^~ -Minnie

The duo looked up at each other, expressions of discontent covering their faces. Kyuhyun was definitely not looking for a relationship right now, especially not one with Narcissus here. Siwon, on the other hand, was only unhappy over the fact that Sungmin didn’t just tell him straight to his face, it’s not like he wouldn’t have disagreed. How could he? Kyuhyun was beautiful with his big, doll eyes; high, prominent, chubby cheekbones; plush, pink, pouty lips and side smile. Not to mention, he had a slight attitude and dark sense of humour, all things that Siwon admired. He decided to dive head first into this, even if Kyuhyun wasn’t willing to wet his toes.

“So I guess we’re on a date.” Siwon smiled at him.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun sighed, ready to punch Sungmin in the face for such a stupid idea. “I guess we are. I have one thing to say though.”

“And that is?”

“I’m not paying.” He answered sternly.


Just something to hold you guys over until I get into the writing groove again! It is a flashback that takes place in the Eloquence!verse, so there's that. Maybe it'll give you a little insight as to how Kyuhyun was before their relationship started to get a little...rocky. Hope you enjoy it!

So, school's out and now I have three months to finish all of these stories! I promise that I'll finish at least one this month (probably Bad Days). If not, then you can send me all the hate you want. orz

If you're wondering where Humanity {hikikomori} went, well, I deleted it. It wasn't really planned out well and I didn't quite like how I wrote it. It'll be back up eventually when I work out all the kinks, so no worries! Just thought I'd let you all know, in case you were curious. (Speaking of curious, has anyone ever watched Hyouka?! Houtarou is like the anime version of Kyuhyun!)

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Love you, snowflakes!~ ♥