12

Where the Frivolous Gather

(Continuation of Chapter 2. You don't have to read it, but it makes a little more sense if you do, I guess? Also, it takes place a few days after their inital meeting.)

12; (KyuHae)

“Are you sure no one can see you?” Donghae whispers, glancing at the angel sitting on top of his desk.

“Positive. Unless I want them to.” Kyuhyun answers inattentively, fiddling around with a stapler.

He presses on it, eyes wide in wonder, experimenting with different pressures until the stapler clicks noisily and startles him. His wings spread to full length and knock down stacks of paper and Donghae’s pen holder. Kyuhyun grins sheepishly at Donghae who is now fuming and giving him a glare cold enough to freeze fire. He puts the stapler down gently and fiddles with a white feather on his wing.

“Kyuhyun,” Donghae seethes, “clean this up! Stop playing with things! Just sit there quietly like I told you to!”

Kyuhyun pouts guiltily and folds his wings in tightly, still not quite used to how small human offices were.  He picks up the pens and puts them back on the desk next to Donghae and haphazardly stacks the papers. Donghae sighs and palms his face, shoos Kyuhyun away and organizes the papers to his liking, which was extremely different from the angel’s. Kyuhyun sat on the floor, still refusing to use chairs like everyone else, and blinked up at Donghae with big, brown doe eyes.

“Don’t give me that face, you clumsy idiot.” Donghae scolded, turning back to his computer and typing rapidly.

“I’m sorry, Donghae,” the angel droops his wings, his natural golden glow turning a pale blue.

The entire office begins to feel cold and Donghae notices the caps of his pens freezing. His keyboard is too icy to touch and the screen looks like it has frost on it.

“Kyuhyun, what’s going on?” he asks panicked.

The angel continues to sulk as the entire room is covered in ice. Donghae moves to kneel in front of him and shakes his shoulders.

“Kyuhyun! Stop whatever you’re doing! You’re freezing all of my stuff!”

“I’m sorry, Donghae,” he repeats, looking up at Donghae.

The human gasps at Kyuhyun’s now ice blue eyes, taken aback by how striking they are. Kyuhyun sniffs as a single tear falls from his eyes and freezes mid-air. Donghae puts his hands on the angel’s cheeks, almost pulling back when he feels how cold they are, and tries to stop the tears he knows are coming.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I yelled.” Donghae soothes, “I didn’t mean to yell. Stop freaking out, just calm down. Take away all of this ice. Come on, stop pouting.”

“Okay,” Kyuhyun says brightly.

The ice in the room disappears as if it had never been there and the angel goes back to perching atop of Donghae’s desk, playing with a hole puncher like it was a new toy.

“Was that a test?” Donghae asked incredulously, snatching away the office supplies before the angel could make another mess.

“Maybe.” Kyuhyun shrugs and walks out of the office. Donghae withholds a scream of frustration.

“Wait! Where are you going?! Kyuhyun!” Donghae calls out, running out of his office.

“Mr. Lee,” Donghae stops mid-step and turns around to face one of the secretaries in his office.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Park is here.” She says, raising an eyebrow, “He would like to speak with you.”

“Oh, yes, sure. Send him on up.”

He has to hold in a scream of surprise when Kyuhyun appears on the arm of Mr. Park’s seat during their meeting.


 

omg idk just imagine Kyuhyun being absolutely horrible and doing all these things to test Donghae (for what idk maybe you'll find out next time? ^u^) also, i decided to give him weird angel powers. like freezing things when he cries? idk it sounded cooler in my head.

As always, thanks for reading(~*snowflakes*~)!

Comment if you wish!